• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HHH will try to cost Reigns the Rumble, The Rock will save him, Rock vs HHH at Mania as planned, Reigns wins and feuds with whoever the fuck because no one cares at that point

What if Rock comes out at 30, teams with Reigns to eliminate people, turns on Reigns at the very end, wins, puts plucky underdog Reigns over at Wrasslemania.

notworksafe

What if Rock comes out at 30, teams with Reigns to eliminate people, turns on Reigns at the very end, wins, puts plucky underdog Reigns over at Wrasslemania.

just what i want to see, a Rock feud where he's not allowed to be on the mic because he'd shame Roman up and down the block all day and night

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Wait, is Reigns not the champ any more? Why are people talking about him being in the rumble? Surely he's defending the title at the rumble and not actually in the rumble match?

No I haven't actually been watching Raw recently. I've got more sense than that.

Aiii

So not worth it

Aside from Hunter, there really is no big name they can put against Reigns where Reigns is seen as the face of the feud by the crowd.

5g6ay3sl.png

2djVDYfl.png

notworksafe

Sweet, so you're from the area? Not bad, I was going to ask how much did you fork over for all of this?
Nope, I'm from New Mexico. But some folks in Dallas are friends of friends.

As far as cost:

Hotel in Downtown Dallas: ~$350 (split 50/50 with fiancee)
WM ticket: $350 after fees (ticketmaster)
NXT tix: $50 after fees (3rd party reseller)
Fan Axxess: Probably ~$50 based on last year's prices
Raw ticket: Haven't purchased, probably will be ~$100-200 for a good seat from a reseller
Terry Funk Pre-WM BBQ: $25
Flight: ~$300 probably

Spending a bit more than I did last year because I'm in a much better job situation. If next year is in Minneapolis I'll go because I've got a lot of friends there but otherwise I'm done for a bit. I'd like to get a package deal next year because it's a pain to wrangle all these parts together

Kaladin

As far as cost:

Raw ticket: Haven't purchased, probably will be ~$100-200 for a good seat from a reseller

Spending a bit more than I did last year because I'm in a much better job situation. If next year is in Minneapolis I'll go because I've got a lot of friends there but otherwise I'm done for a bit. I'd like to get a package deal next year because it's a pain to wrangle all these parts together

Thought any about adding some of the indie shows over the weekend? Those are always a blast and they always turn it up a notch in front of those big crowds.

As far as cost:

Not too bad. Enjoy brutha.

notworksafe

Thought any about adding some of the indie shows over the weekend? Those are always a blast and they always turn it up a notch in front of those big crowds.

I went to EVOLVE's thing last year and it was really fun but at the end of the weekend we really were feeling the wrasslin burnout so I think this year we'll hit the bars with the aforementioned friends of friends to just be semi-away from wrestling for a bit. I say semi-away cause WM really takes over a town. Every bar is full of smarks but most of them are good people so it's okay.

Colocho

Banned
"there's no way Batista is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

"there's no way Reigns is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

"there's no way {Insert Name Here} is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

just fill in the blank space

I'd totally expect them having Roman win again, booed out of the building, only if he were chasing the title. As of right now, they have the perfect excuse to take the title away, and win it back in a big Wrestlemania moment, booed out of the building still, padding his stats and becoming a 3-time world champion.

I predict he'll be a 20-time champ by the time he retires.

Into

“I’m bringing Mickey Gall in and he’s going to fight a kid named Michael Jackson. They’re going to fight on the prelims on February 6th on Fight Pass and if he wins that fight, Mickey Gall will fight CM Punk and CM Punk will be there at the fight to watch,” White told Landsberg.

I rather have Punk fight Michael Jackson. Talk about a draw

Kaladin

There is talk of Orlando, FL being the host of Wrestlemania 33. God I hope they find a better building than that awful Citrus Bowl.

There is talk of Orlando, FL being the host of Wrestlemania 33. God I hope they find a better building than that awful Citrus Bowl.
Take it somewhere else like Knoxville TN. Neyland can hold 102K so why not do it in a different place?

It's a college town too so hey fun fun fun

“I’m bringing Mickey Gall in and he’s going to fight a kid named Michael Jackson. They’re going to fight on the prelims on February 6th on Fight Pass and if he wins that fight, Mickey Gall will fight CM Punk and CM Punk will be there at the fight to watch,” White told Landsberg.

I rather have Punk fight Michael Jackson. Talk about a draw

But Michael Jackson can turn into a robot. It wouldn't be fair to Phil.

I just realized that I took off on the day of Rumble. Simply because it's my birthday.

Also why doesn't Vince try selling out the LA Colosseum?

UberTag

What will we call that WrestleMania instead of WrestleMania 33?

WrestleMania Orange?
WrestleMania Mickey Mouse Ears?
WrestleMania Roman Reigns Logo?

So, running a building you'll never fill, overcharging for tickets, booking a shit-ton of expensive imports, starting the show late, screwy booking, DQ finishes and z-list celebrity involvement? Yep, it sounds like good ol' shitty Britwres alright.

somedevil

Some news from the Observer:

For whatever it is worth, the finish for Royal Rumble is written and whatever it is, it is going to lead to a big match at Fast Lane since they want that to be an A-level PPV and not just a stop on the way to WrestleMania.

So odds they will change there minds multiple times?

Plus it looks like Brock might be doing 3 pay per views in a row if they want Fastlane to be A level.

Kaladin

Plus it looks like Brock might be doing 3 pay per views in a row if they want Fastlane to be A level.

If it is written, the speculation of Brock or Triple H winning the belt is probably spot on.

Very likely with some kind of screw job preventing Roman Reigns from winning late in the match.

KissVibes

Banned
WWE should have WM32 around Maryland/D.C. With the MGM National Harbor opening by the end of this year, you can expect a lot of tourism dollars flowing through the area. Not to mention the closeness to Titan Tower.

Also Florida sucks dick.

Triple H eliminates Brock.
Dean eliminates Reigns in the Rumble.
Triple H wins overall.

Dean vs Roman for a shot at WWE Title during WMStar
Triple H vs Brock for the WWE Title.

I also read that they're trying to make fast lane a big event especially with Lesnar and Jericho being advertised for it. They need to do everything they can on this road to Mania.
WWE should have WM32 around Maryland/D.C. With the MGM National Harbor opening by the end of this year, you can expect a lot of tourism dollars flowing through the area. Not to mention the closeness to Titan Tower.

Also Florida sucks dick.

Triple H eliminates Brock.
Dean eliminates Reigns in the Rumble.
Triple H wins overall.

Dean vs Roman for a shot at WWE Title during WMStar
Triple H vs Brock for the WWE Title.
Mania in DC? I would definitely jump.

Just to give some perspective, The Colosseum was built in 1921, so you can imagine.

When you go to pee, its in a long bathtub looking thing with everyone Bukkakeing into it, pissing all over each other, its the definition of a S*ithole.

Its crazy man. I can't even explain it right.

Kaladin

Just to give some perspective, The Colosseum was built in 1921, so you can imagine.

When you go to pee, its in a long bathtub looking thing with everyone Bukkakeing into it, pissin gall over exh other, its the definition of a S*ithole.

Its crazy man. I can't even explain it right.

They had a trough when I went to the Citrus Bowl for WM24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom