• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Wrestle Kingdom 10 the day after it aired, but I just now got around to watching New Year's Dash. Weird watching that already with the knowledge of AJ and Shinsuke leaving. Obviously it was played out with the knowledge of AJ leaving, but Kenny Omega referenced taking on Nakamura for the IC title, so I wonder if his exit wasn't known at the time?

Heroman

Banned
I'm watching total divas right now and that show is so fucking werid, is it a work or a shoot? I just don't know.

I watched Wrestle Kingdom 10 the day after it aired, but I just now got around to watching New Year's Dash. Weird watching that already with the knowledge of AJ and Shinsuke leaving. Obviously it was played out with the knowledge of AJ leaving, but Kenny Omega referenced taking on Nakamura for the IC title, so I wonder if his exit wasn't known at the time?
It was know, they just thought that they could work one more match

Kaladin

I'm watching total divas right now and that show is so fucking werid, is it a work or a shoot? I just don't know.

Parts of it are a work and parts of it are a shoot. I even think they switch back and forth on which is which sometimes and it's hard to tell the difference.

I think for the most part though, Brie and Bryan are a shoot, don't know about Cena and Nikki, but I'm pretty sure the other diva drama is mostly worked.

somedevil

It was know, they just thought that they could work one more match

He did another interview on his decesion to leave:

In a new interview with Tokyo Sports Shinsuke Nakamura said he had been "strongly overseas oriented" for some time which came from the feeling to represent [Japan] beyond language. He wants more influence on a global scale and seeks new challenges and he told New Japan Officials of these intentions last December during the period of contract renewals. The company respected the decision that of course was not a simple one. The decision to leave was a result of considerations of the last few years.

While he wants to continue to embrace the feeling to bring high level Japanese pro-wrestling into the world, there was a sense of responsibility as he loves New Japan Pro Wrestling. After all him and Hiroshi Tanahashi were the only men who continued on after the „dark period“ of the early 2000s.

He feels gratitude towards New Japan because he has been „born and raised in New Japan Pro Wrestling“ and he has shared such a long time with NJPW employees that he thinks of them as parents or brothers. „It is a family.“

So they knew since December that he was leaving.

Has WWE considered Jacksonville for a Wrestlemania? I've heard it's a dump but they hosted a super bowl not that long ago. They could also put Ford Field back in the rotation by next year it will have been 10 years since the last one. Atlanta's new stadium will be ready by 2018 so you know that will be in the mix.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The big problem with Enzo and Cass coming up to the main roster is that they'll probably get over pretty quickly and feud with the New Day, and everytime they have a match it'll take 40 minutes to get through the nonsense at the beginning.

AJ Styles was born in a town that's like 10 minutes from where Vince McMahon was raised and 15 minutes from where Linda was. Which was 15 minutes from my first job out of college.

Evolve's iPPV deal is pretty good deal. Buy Evolve 53, Evolve 54, and Evolve 55 (the upcoming tag team championship tournament shows), and you get any two past Evolve, DGUSA, or WWN shows for free. But you have to email the Paypal receipts to their line.

That is a good deal! Shame the peso is so devalued against the dollar, I cannot justify purchasing them. Going to save my iPPV money for their shows at mania weekend.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Playing hide and go seek with my nephew today and when I was pretty close to finding him he kept saying "I can't see you."

By about the third time Brrr appledough started playing in my head. You can't see me? My time is now!

he stiffed so many guys with the frankensteiner, holy shit.

*politely claps at the fallaway moonsault slam on sid @ 1:00*
A few time, I thought for sure he would break his neck because he gets to near the mat when flipping. Almost as if he curled too late or something. I guess once he got up in age he decided to stop but hebalso go bigger so.

Based on the positive feedback on Rumble 93, I started watching it. Scott nearly killed one of the Beverly Brothers with the belly to belly.

Yeah, NXT awards are more legit than the Slammys, not that it's saying much though I think I voted for Sasha for performer of the year, even if she spent much of the year on the main roster she was still NXT's best overall performer.

Alexa Bliss can cut a good promo.
She also has the best facials.

Steiner in his prime could've and probably should've been a world champion, he was like a prototype Lesnar, it's kind of a shame it took until the Big Poppa Pump era and near the end of WCW for it to happen. Of course Scott's short fuse (roid rage?) probably played a part in why it didn't happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Based on the positive feedback on Rumble 93, I started watching it. Scott nearly killed one of the Beverly Brothers with the belly to belly.

1993 is a very fun year. Wrestlemania IX is a bad show but the rest of them are very exciting. It's the biggest year of change in the history of the fed.

Just thinking while watching the new Orphan Black promo that maybe they should've tied Sister Abigail to the Undertaker/Kane story instead of getting the dumb theatrics that were already hokey 20 years ago.

somedevil

Some Observer news:

The current word we’re getting is that Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson will debut on NXT at television in early March

Balor Club is coming

Other news:

Davey Richards and maybe Eddie Edwards are coming to NXT when their TNA contracts run out at the end of April

Vince hates Tyler Breeze

Lesnar working 3/11 Montral house show and the Toronto house show special.

Plus the current WM Main Event:

Dave says WM main event as of right now is HHH vs. Reigns

Triple H might be winning the title then.

Cagey

Banned
Other news:

Davey Richards and maybe Eddie Edwards are coming to NXT when their TNA contracts run out at the end of April

Vince hates Tyler Breeze

Lesnar working 3/11 Montral house show and the Toronto house show special.
Plus the current WM Main Event:

Dave says WM main event as of right now is HHH vs. Reigns
Triple H might be winning the title then.

Full Sail Arena? More like No Sail Arena. But seriously have they gotten better since the 2010-12 ROH days?

WM main event sounds fine but I think we're quickly approaching the point where people endlessly speculate, fantasy book, try to predict booking, etc. to where if the potential booking is in fact predicted, it will result in a "predictable boring boo!" criticism. It's more the viewer's fault for doing that mental game. Reminds me of the ending of Breaking Bad, where all the guessing and speculating made it less satisfying because you were unintentionally taking all of the surprise factor out.

Well I got 2 more PPV to check out. Thanks Blue!!
You're making me want to start all over. I just finished 93-95 like a month or two ago. I'm going through 96 slowly.
KOTR 1993 and Summerslam 1993 are dope. Survivor Series is kinda a bust but it sets up one giant angle and it has All American Undertaker.
These guys are fighting for a common belief and I will join them. You all will rest in peace.

It's so cheesy but you gotta love it.

somedevil

Another piece of news is that they had no backup match for the Undertaker when Cena went down.

So who faces him now?

Not counting NXT talent all they really have is Owens. If they use some of the new talent coming in would the casual fan byte at Balor vs Undertaker, Styles vs Undertaker or Nakumura vs Undertaker?

Another piece of news is that they had no backup match for the Undertaker when Cena went down.

So who faces him now?

Not counting NXT talent all they really have is Owens. If they use some of the new talent coming in would the casual fan byte at Balor vs Undertaker, Styles vs Undertaker or Nakumura vs Undertaker?
Only person I can really say is.......
Kane.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man Sean Michaels had a gut during 1st year Heartbreak kid

He was completely and totally fucked up until he quits/gets rehired almost immediately. For every good match he has two or three bad/disappointing ones. Then he's pretty good for most of 1994/1995/1996.

I wonder if Sean and Sherri had a little behind the scene relationship. Hard to keep it professional while she's out there looking stunning.

Full Sail Arena? More like No Sail Arena. But seriously have they gotten better since the 2010-12 ROH days?

WM main event sounds fine but I think we're quickly approaching the point where people endlessly speculate, fantasy book, try to predict booking, etc. to where if the potential booking is in fact predicted, it will result in a "predictable boring boo!" criticism. It's more the viewer's fault for doing that mental game. Reminds me of the ending of Breaking Bad, where all the guessing and speculating made it less satisfying because you were unintentionally taking all of the surprise factor out.

Yup, if you guess every possible permutation of matches that could happen, you don't get to complain about the booking being predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom