• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you whispering this to Kenny Omega?

CsSpwFj.gif

notworksafe

It will take at least a year or two until she ever looks legit comfortable in the ring. When she does moves I feel like I'm watching someone practice in one of the training rings.
Yeah, she definitely looks like she's thinking through what to do as she's doing it. But that's why she's in developmental, she's developing her skills.

I don't know, I feel like her "character" is just a direct response to her getting legit X-Pac Heat.
Nothing wrong with that. If this is the Reality Era or whatever, why not use reality as a character inspiration?

notworksafe

The irony is that if she's good in the ring she won't have the heat.

Yeah, that's true haha. I think she could work it well though. Do a strong move in the ring and then yell "What now, idiots?" or something at the crowd. That'll work even better at Full Sail because that crowd loves getting attention from the wrestlers (well, from whoever).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer has been a ton of fun on Twitter lately, exposing mark ass marks (like myself, I am a mark)

Marvel

could never
Funny to me how they are continuing to shove specifically "Bullet Club" down our throats....can't see NJPW letting go of that and selling it.
It'll be Balor Club for sure even if they could have the original name.

Guns and bullet refs are not pg! Suits and partners wouldn't be happy with it I suspect.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, she definitely looks like she's thinking through what to do as she's doing it. But that's why she's in developmental, she's developing her skills.
Developmental for the biggest wrestling promotion on the planet. As a worker in the ring there is a clear difference between her and everyone else in NXT and Full Sail. But yeah, she's there to learn and she's legit trying to get better. Already quite a difference from where she was at the start. Hope they give her enough time down there to keep learning.

Man Kronus in 2005 is fat as fuck. Jesus. He looks hilarious in his gear.
Meltzer has been a ton of fun on Twitter lately, exposing mark ass marks (like myself, I am a mark)
Lol his Tweets read like someone who's so sick of everyone's stupid shit.

Funny to me how they are continuing to shove specifically "Bullet Club" down our throats....can't see NJPW letting go of that and selling it.

Like, say they do bring Bullet Club to WWE, do they even acknowledge the fact that AJ was kicked out (quite literally) of Bullet Club before he left? And then do they acknowledge that Gallows and Anderson were participatory in it? Obviously I put no stock in the WWE making consistent stories, but to me this could very easily be a thing that WWE ruins before they even start.

My take is, bring them in as the Social Outcasts. Or at the very least AJ and Finn. Have Finn come up in a tag match with AJ against two of Social Outcasts. Midway through the match, Curtis Axel defects to AJ and Finn's side and then they usurp the rest of the group and kick Slater, Rose and Bo out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the most millennial of office tools. avoid talking to other humans at all costs.

You ever see Silicon Valley? Some moment in Season 2 where the Tres Commas guy was talking to his son about needing to go to bed or else "she will be angry" and it was a female voice in a speaker. I found that hilariously perfect - be friends with your kid and create something to channel all of his anger and fear towards, but not the dad! Goddamn that's a good show.

Ithil

Not buying this excuse. They have like 70 people in developmental, less than 30 actually appear on TV. The rest are either too green or too new, so they only appear at house shows, or not at all.
Eva Marie is on TV, but Athena is not? How's that right?

notworksafe

you better not be trashing slack friend, that will not sit well with the WrassleGAF tech illuminati
I use Slack for a non-work project and enjoy it. Only thing I dislike is the dang bots.

You ever see Silicon Valley? Some moment in Season 2 where the Tres Commas guy was talking to his son about needing to go to bed or else "she will be angry" and it was a female voice in a speaker. I found that hilariously perfect - be friends with your kid and create something to channel all of his anger and fear towards, but not the dad! Goddamn that's a good show.
I need to watch that show, heard a lot of good things about it, but I no longer have HBO so that makes it tough to catch up on some of that stuff.

Mahonay

Banned
You can jerk off at home. Why wear it on your chest. I don't get it.

One of the younger guys I worked with liked shirts like that, is it a millennial thing?

Oh wow they're getting Jim to talk about the music he made! I heard he doesn't like being in front of the camera.

Electrifying The Rock’s entrance music: WWE Behind the Theme

I really hope he goes into the Hall Of Fame someday soon.

Well, one of Warrior's last wish was for an award to be given to the backstage workers. I still think that's a pretty awesome idea.
That's why I said, if Lemmy goes in they better put in my boy Jimmy this year.

That moment when you realize that Bret The Hitman Hart's finishing move is..... The Sharpshooter. That shit blew my damn mind, I never thought of it that way.

But did you know that Cesaro's finisher is called the Neutralizer because he is Swiss and Switzerland is famous for staying neutral in World War II?

Or that Dean Ambrose's finisher is called Dirty Deeds because he only showers once a week and enjoys buying land?

Or that Brock Lesnar's finisher is called the F5 because that is how far he gets in the alphabet and counting, respectively?

Or that Neville's impressively aerial Red Arrow is named after the Royal Air Force's version of the USAF's Thunderbird's or the Navy's Blue Angels?

Or that Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver is named after the granite and marble markers placed at the head of a grave, which real life undertakers prepare dead bodies to be placed in?

Or that Roman Reigns' finisher is called the Spear because he can't reliably do any moves that require a moderate amount of strength or dexterity on his part?

But did you know that Cesaro's finisher is called the Neutralizer because he is Swiss and Switzerland is famous for staying neutral in World War II?

Or that Dean Ambrose's finisher is called Dirty Deeds because he only showers once a week and enjoys buying land?

Or that Brock Lesnar's finisher is called the F5 because that is how far he gets in the alphabet and counting, respectively?

Or that Neville's impressively aerial Red Arrow is named after the Royal Air Force's version of the USAF's Thunderbird's or the Navy's Blue Angels?

Or that Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver is named after the granite and marble markers placed at the head of a grave, which real life undertakers prepare dead bodies to be placed in?

Or that Roman Reigns' finisher is called the Spear because he can't reliably do any moves that require a moderate amount of strength or dexterity on his part?
I want to say shut up but lol, this os funny.

Is advertising "American Style Professional Wrestling" in the UK going to draw heel heat?

#IndiePosterThursday

04-01-16_15-08Grapple-York-Jan-2016-poster.jpg

nah, draws the family mate

In today's 5 Star news, the show has been moved from Sheffield Arena to the Hall in the same building. Still holds 4k, NXT ran it in December.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not buying this excuse. They have like 70 people in developmental, less than 30 actually appear on TV. The rest are either too green or too new, so they only appear at house shows, or not at all.

It's not up to us to make these decisions. Athena's character may not be ready. Eva Marie has already had exposure on Total Divas.

Eva Marie makes the WWE $$$$$$.

No one knows or cares about Athena (yet?).

notworksafe

It's not an excuse. Eva Marie has been on multiple TV programs before, that is why she is still on TV. She is a known name to both wrestling and Total Divas fans.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so any truth to those Daniel Bryan rumours? havent been keeping up, I apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom