• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
CM Punk was super over, but got massive heat as a heel too... I think it has to do with talent at some point, and no one on the roster is actually good enough to be a heel

T_Exige

Agreed, Bayley will never turn heel as long as Vince is on board. She is the female Cena, with the + that she won't get hate, because she is cute. (lots of merchandise, best for business)
She is also lucky that almost all other diva's can be good heels, Sasha, Naitch Jr, Becky, Nia, even Asuka. Lots of feuds without any reason to turn heel.

Sephzilla

CM Punk was super over, but got massive heat as a heel too... I think it has to do with talent at some point, and no one on the roster is actually good enough to be a heel

Even when he was getting a ton of heat, he still had a fuckload of people chanting his name. He was still getting cheers when he was pouring Paul Bearer's fucking ashes on himself during Undertaker's feud.

Mahonay

Banned
Kevin Owens' style is such that he needs a likable top face to come after to get any legit heat from the fans.

Mahonay

Banned
I understand. It's hard to talk about poorly we behave in this thread.

Quick question though: how many longtime posters have been bullied out of this thread?
Dude I've been bullied out of WrassleGAF conversations constantly but I just bounce out for the day and shrug it off. It's been like that most of the 2-3 years I've posted in these threads. It's part of the experience for me at this point.

I understand Aiii is a long time member (and I personally like him), but the rest of us get shit on too but it's all about the game, and how you play it.

Kornflayx

Did you guys really run Aiii out of this thread by calling him a "gimmick poster?"

Is it really so hard for some of you to believe that not everyone feels, thinks, or acts the exact same way that you do?

Psst, no different opinions allowed. Should I risk to say that I like Eva's character work?

Fox318

All I ask of everyone that enters this thread are 3 things:

Shake my hand.

Protect the business.

Draw.

and shoot

7Ec1QyQl.jpg

dream

Dude I've been bullied out of WrassleGAF conversations constantly but I just bounce out for the day and shrug it off. It's been like that most of the 2-3 years I've posted in these threads. It's part of the experience for me at this point.

I understand Aiii is a long time member (and I personally like him), but the rest of us get shit on too but it's all about the game, and how you play it.

Do you think that's okay though? Are you comfortable with being bullied just because your opinion differs from whatever homogeneous mob mentality wrestlinggaf feels like having today?

Savitar

Gimmick posting has existed since the internet was born and people in front dressed up as wrestlers so it's not very offensive, just borderline annoying at times.

Eva is on the other hand is still offensive to the notion of what wrestling is and annoying on every level.

notworksafe

Character work is the aspect she has down. She understands heel work better than The Bellas or Paige.

This is 100% correct. Being a heel doesn't come from saying you're bad/badass over and over, or giving people snotty looks, or even doing your special on a table. It comes from actively antagonizing both the people in the ring and in the crowd.

Paige did some damn good work in her last feud with Charlotte though. I don't want to detract from that at all.

imBask

Banned
It's a thread about god damn wrestling on a message board. No offense to Aiii, i'm sure he just left temporarily, but if you're affected that much by what people say here, you need to step back and think about what you're doing with your life.

It's a thread about the lowest form of entertainment there is. Y'all need to relax.

And it goes both ways, if you ACTUALLY attack someone in here based on wrestling opinions and you're serious about it, you've got some thinking to do

Mahonay

Banned
Do you think that's okay though? Are you comfortable with being bullied just because your opinion differs from whatever homogeneous mob mentality wrestlinggaf feels like having today?
I dunno man. Guess I just let most things roll off my back and generally don't get too upset very easily.

I make up for it in bitching. Lots and lots of bitching.

Kaladin

I took a self imposed 3 month break from all of Gaf because I felt like I was being bullied and trolled here. I wasn't comfortable with it and lashed back. I feel like the three month break somewhat worked as both myself and others were able to calm. There are certain posters here that don't like me and certain posters I don't like and eh...I deal with it differently now, it try not to let it bother me as much. I try.

Xater

You will never get me to care for someone who is just shit in the ring. Eva's "character" is also just her getting heat for being terrible.

Mahonay

Banned
I really didn't find Bloodborne fun to play at all.
Lol yeah that pretty much means you're fucked on gaming side.

The Bloodborne circle jerk has been out of control for a while now.
You will never get me to care for someone who is just shit in the ring. Eva's "character" is also just her getting heat for being terrible.
To her credit she's morphed that into making herself real heel that gets real heat. It seems easy but a lot of other women and guys fail to do it. Obviously the folks at NXT helped quite a bit as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
True heels need to be people who are going to do things so bad that everyone hates them. That isn't going to happen in a publicly traded company that is super self-conscious about it's image. Additionally they need a really compelling face to go against them to make it work, which wont happen in WWE because WWE writes all of their faces the exact same way and turns them into borderline morons. The end result is that we get heels who end up more over than the faces.

This usually involves betraying a fan favorite like Owens powerbombing Zayn into the apron. He can't really do it again though.

(Why is Zayn still in NXT they need him pretty badly on the main roster, really. There's 2 fucking babyfaces on the roster. 2.)

This usually involves betraying a fan favorite like Owens powerbombing Zayn into the apron. He can't really do it again though.

(Why is Zayn still in NXT they need him pretty badly on the main roster, really. There's 2 fucking babyfaces on the roster. 2.)

they need someone who wont injure himself getting into the ring

Zayn = the new Nash

Colocho

Banned
It's a thread about god damn wrestling on a message board. No offense to Aiii, i'm sure he just left temporarily, but if you're affected that much by what people say here, you need to step back and think about what you're doing with your life.

It's a thread about the lowest form of entertainment there is. Y'all need to relax.

And it goes both ways, if you ACTUALLY attack someone in here based on wrestling opinions and you're serious about it, you've got some thinking to do

Just a bunch of jabroni marks working themselves in to a shoot, it's basic hulkanomics.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
they need someone who wont injure himself getting into the ring

Zayn = the new Nash

He got injured badly enough to require surgery once in like 10 years, many of those years doing indie flippy shit like taking package piledrivers onto ladders and such. I don't think he's particularly injury prone...?

Why is there any credence in these Bryan rumours?

I mean, WWE know he's one of the biggest stars they have. He's been sidelined but it looks to be more for his and their protection than anything shitty.

If they really wanted shot of him, they'd just find a way to clear him or find a way to embarrass him every week.

WWE are stupid at times, but they ain't that stupid.

I hope.

On the train since 2006, you say?

Did you pay for this hotel shoot?
http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/hot-gifs-wwe-nxt-diva-becky-lynch-2006/
the fuck is that

what

what

is this some weird japanese gravure video

So I looked up the site this was from, they've scrubbed all traces of it's existence (though Reddit has it of course), and the site now offers delightful pieces like "Complete Destruction of Brooke Fairchild Vol.2" featuring notes such as CRYSTAL CLEAR XG3 IN-RING AUDIO! HEAR THE PANTING & MOANING CLEARLY!!!

I was going to post this, but fuck even I think this needs a link. http://www.ringdivashop.com/catalog/images/CompDestOfBrooke_Vol2-006-LARGE.jpg

I can't even drive to work without you all misbehaving.

I'm going to drop my guard for once and give a state of the union address.

You all have got to stop being so uptight and serious about this. It's not a job, it's the internet, enjoy your posting and stop pretending that you're holier than thou. If people have opinions, let them have them because you also have yours.

Guys it's a new year and we're supposed to be heading to new places. If you don't want to see what someone is saying, just ignore it and move on. I've heard there's an ignore feature, so use it.

There's no need for this almost every other day. Kiss, hug, and make up; we don't have time for this . WWE is in a slump and we need to be positive.

Now take this post and use it. Also, remember that I'm the greatest 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom