• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw64life

tumblr_o0xxh0wd0u1sj4xr4o1_500.0.gif

That charisma. Strap the rocket on her.

If you guys cant recognize that Eva has crossed a barrier character wise, I don't know what to tell you., she is on some next level shit. Someone got through to her.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys cant recognize that Eva has crossed a barrier character wise, I don't know what to tell you., she is on some next level shit. Someone got through to her.

Correct. It's not the wrestling we're talking about. A lot of people want to pick apart someone's in ring and hers isn't any good, sure. But it doesn't have to be good if the character is great, and it is.

Toki767

Correct. It's not the wrestling we're talking about. A lot of people want to pick apart someone's in ring and hers isn't any good, sure. But it doesn't have to be good if the character is great, and it is.

The wrestling doesn't have to be good, but it has to be passable, especially to the NXT crowd. If you want a great character but crappy wrestling, just put her on the main roster and call it a day.

imBask

Banned

they're the same people still stuck in the 90s who think HHH never put anyone over, eventhough he literally strapped the rockets on Daniel Bryan

and don't you people even mention Sting, that bum got what he deserved

they're the same people still stuck in the 90s who think HHH never put anyone over, eventhough he literally strapped the rockets on Daniel Bryan

and don't you people even mention Sting, that bum got what he deserved

One thing etched in my memory is HHH taking that knee to the face at WM when Bryan was on his way to winning it all.

I always wonder in the WWE 2K16 commercial where everybody's throwing artifacts of their most dangerous opponents into the fire, why doesn't Sting throw in a copy of his birth certificate with date circled?

Shadow780

The wrestling doesn't have to be good, but it has to be passable, especially to the NXT crowd. If you want a great character but crappy wrestling, just put her on the main roster and call it a day.

But her entire origin of getting nuclear heat with NXT crowd is that she's a terrible wrestler but gets chances to be the champion from people who are better wrestlers than her.

I think this is some awesome next-level meta shit, if she's on the main roster it wouldn't have the same impact. The audience has to be a group that appreciates in-ring work to make this work.

TLDR: #AllHailQueenEva

Toki767

Having Eva eliminate Asuka was a really smart though. The crowd went crazy for Carmella winning because they thought Eva would win.

Sephzilla

Kind of like how Bayley is in her fighting Champion Bret phase.

People like to compare Bailey to Cena (in positive ways) but I honestly see more Bret Hart in her. Bailey does the whole "fighting champ who gets the shit beat out of her" thing that Bret did a ton back in his prime.

Zach

it's just not the same when the camera isn't zooming in and out

I was thinking about WWE's atrocious camerawork -- again! -- this morning while I enjoyed Eddie/Jericho vs. Malenko/Benoit from a '98 Nitro. I am so, so baffled at how that's still happening. How can anyone not dislike that crap?

imBask

Banned
Bayley will never turn heel, she'll get stale and boring just like Cena did for so long, and once you people turn on her I won't let you in my anti-Bayley club

Kaladin

Bayley will never turn heel, she'll get stale and boring just like Cena did for so long, and once you people turn on her I won't let you in my anti-Bayley club

I think she loves wrestling too much to not have at least one heel run. Maybe years down the road, but I feel like it will happen

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fact:

Eva Marie is the best heel in WWE.

She is the only one that can actually get heat.

Owens telling Full Sail they're the John Cena of Wrestling Crowds was like the best worked shoot promo of the year.

Zach

Bayley will totally have her Hollywood Bayley phase after 10+ years of selling out arenas and attracting young female fans around the world.

Anth0ny

True heels can't exist in today's culture

eh, I don't know. I think the problem with today's WWE is the heels are allowed to be far more creative and fun with what they do, so they end up being WAY more entertaining than the babyfaces, which generates cheers. whereas the babyfaces they're up against are lame as fuck. or douches.

Again I point to Daniel Bryan or CM Punk. they got cheers for being awesome. their opponents, which were heels, got boos because no matter how good/entertaining they were, they weren't as good as Bryan or Punk.

the problem is WWE is lacking a Bryan or Punk in that top babyface position, so the heels are gonna get cheers, especially opposite roman reigns.

Mahonay

Banned
Sheamus would be a great heel if he elicited any kind of reaction from the crowd. Right now it's no boos, and no cheers.

They missed an easy lay up for some mega heat with him. Killing the indie sweethearts was a good idea, they should have run with that.

Sephzilla

True heels need to be people who are going to do things so bad that everyone hates them. That isn't going to happen in a publicly traded company that is super self-conscious about it's image. Additionally they need a really compelling face to go against them to make it work, which wont happen in WWE because WWE writes all of their faces the exact same way and turns them into borderline morons. The end result is that we get heels who end up more over than the faces.

dream

Did you guys really run Aiii out of this thread by calling him a "gimmick poster?"

Is it really so hard for some of you to believe that not everyone feels, thinks, or acts the exact same way that you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom