• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember there being some talk last year of trying to watch 1,000 matches in a year, anyone still doing that? I've been keeping track of the matches I've watched so far here;

http://tinyurl.com/2016MatchList

Also, this is The Zandig's year. As is every year. All praise Zandig!

Already at 81? You have this in the bag. Bookmarked because I love the content.

What a let down, I was actually looking forward to the Shaq match too.

I was just reading a book the other day where Wolverine painted himself blue to impersonate Beast heh
Show gets a lot of shit but putting him up against celebrities is always cool. Simply because of his size and he is able to protect them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching some of last night's NXT that I missed, Viktor really is looking MARKEDLY improved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I see the phrase "gimmick poster" used again, there will be no Avatar Rumble. Let's fix this place.

Speaking of the Avatar Rumble, since we're still in Star Wars season, can I enter as the Shockmaster?

sRWhGRE.gif

Heel

If I see the phrase "gimmick poster" used again, there will be no Avatar Rumble. Let's fix this place.

I don't think the threat of potential action against the community will deter them, Sunflower. The NeoGAF moderators have tried that about 5 times now, and here we are.

Gurrry

So i heard a spoiler for smackdown..
that kalisto loses his belt already to alberto del rio. why the fuck would you even let him win if youre just gonna redact it the very next night. stupid ass booking.

stupid!

Also - I watched NXT today, id actually love to see a asuka vs eva marie match... i know.. eva sucks. But thats what makes it good. We all want to see eva get her ass whipped. Its a win win.. as long as she dosent actually beat asuka.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If we make it to Rumble Season, and do the Avatar Rumble, it'll be on 2k15 for PC. Since we can actually have some fuckin' entrance music.

I don't think the threat of potential action against the community will deter them, Sunflower. The NeoGAF moderators have tried that about 5 times now, and here we are.

Well you know what they say.

rrc1594

Is there a reason Orton won at WM24? I mean I know the most over person doesn't always win, but man HHH seem like he was way over.

Xater

So i heard a spoiler for smackdown..
that kalisto loses his belt already to alberto del rio. why the fuck would you even let him win if youre just gonna redact it the very next night. stupid ass booking.

stupid!

Also - I watched NXT today, id actually love to see a asuka vs eva marie match... i know.. eva sucks. But thats what makes it good. We all want to see eva get her ass whipped. Its a win win.. as long as she dosent actually beat asuka.

Everyone knows about the spoiler already. It's very stupid.

If that match is just Asuka stiff kicking the shit out of Eva and winning I am game. But I also need the Total Divas or Prooving Groung episode in which Eva cries about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is someone calling someone a "gimmick poster" just aways of saying your opinion sucks?

If so that's just plain corny

It is. It's a dismissal of someone's opinion in a shitty manner when you could just use New York jiffs instead, like this

Z5LD6zb.gif

xqmFqJH.gif

b5mJfn7.gif

Really though wrestling has some of the best dismissive gifs in the world. So use them.

Menome

Is someone calling someone a "gimmick poster" just aways of saying your opinion sucks?

If so that's just plain corny

It seems it went from semi-serious accusation to an in-joke in arguments, that still got taken seriously. I don't think anyone using it these days actually thinks the other person is genuinely gimmick-posting.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gimmick poster is supposed to mean "pretending to be a wrestler and cutting promos and shit on a goddamn internet forum".

Over time, it's somehow drifted into meaning "posting opinions I don't like".

Ul8nD8i.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In a world where everyone is working their shoots, you've got to shoot to work and that's new kayfabe for you.

Kaladin

Gimmick poster is supposed to mean "pretending to be a wrestler and cutting promos and shit on a goddamn internet forum".

Over time, it's somehow drifted into meaning "posting opinions I don't like".

I actually think the people mostly accused of gimmick posting by your first definition are the ones responsible for saying people are shitting on their opinions.

Is there a reason Orton won at WM24? I mean I know the most over person doesn't always win, but man HHH seem like he was way over.
Hunter being in the match was random. It should've just been Orton v. Cena. Many felt like it should've been Hunter v. Flair instead with their history.

WM 25 is a different story.

5 STAR UPDATE

JoMo pinned Carlito after the latter accidentally spat apple in the ref's eyes and the former used a low blow. So so main event.

I remember there being some talk last year of trying to watch 1,000 matches in a year, anyone still doing that? I've been keeping track of the matches I've watched so far here;

http://tinyurl.com/2016MatchList

Also, this is The Zandig's year. As is every year. All praise Zandig!

...I thought I was doing well because I had seen almost 20 matches so far this year.

JEEZUS.

I see that Sunny got his BOLA temperature question answered by Meltzer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of our other Lord and Savior, Zandig, has he ever had any other gimmicks?

Maybe his odds need to be increased.

Xater

Man I don't know if I should go to 16 Carat Gold this year. Not sure if the show is worth the premium price this year, because the guests seem underwhelming. Zach Sabre Jr. Is great, but I don't even know who the fuck Mike Bailey or Shane Strickland are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I don't know if I should go to 16 Carat Gold this year. Not sure if the show is worth the premium price this year, because the guests seem underwhelming. Zach Sabre Jr. Is great, but I don't even know who the fuck Zack Bailey or Shane Strickland are.

Isn't it always good, though?

Kaladin

Man I don't know if I should go to 16 Carat Gold this year. Not sure if the show is worth the premium price this year, because the guests seem underwhelming. Zach Sabre Jr. Is great, but I don't even know who the fuck Zack Bailey or Shane Strickland are.

Shane Strickland is a flippy CZW guy. You might know him as Kill Shot on Lucha Underground.

Xater

Isn't it always good, though?

It is but it does cost more than their usual shows and I was always alright with it because there was some serious cool talent coming over. So far it seems underwhelming in that regard.

Edit: Just noticed only standing tickets are still available which makes it even less appealing. These are long shows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom