• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

QvLEubj.jpg

"I'm ready to win the rumble"

So the Great Khali's first defeat came tapping to Cena. I'm looking at some old Pay per views and I'm dumb struck how Vince fed SO MUCH talent to one wrestler. I mean spread that shit out.

what if Sandow goes crazy and actually decides to shoot win the Rumble
I'd like to see someone actually go against the rules and do that. It's easier to toss someone out of the ring than it is to pin them. It has to be someone who has nothing to lose because they know that it's over for them.

Bubba T

So the Great Khali's first defeat came tapping to Cena. I'm looking at some old Pay per views and I'm dumb struck how Vince fed SO MUCH talent to one wrestler. I mean spread that shit out.

This is why Ryback's gimmick was hilarious his first few months. He was just mimicking Cena on a much much lesser level. And then he got fed to Cena.

UberTag

If they've been involved in a wrestling angle before, they should be allowed. I mean, who wouldn't want Pete Rose in the Avatar Rumble to avenge his many losses against Kane?

Fox318

I don't believe I can do that in good conscience. Then you'll have people asking for Robocop and Dave Meltzer (both have been requested)

PtpjHK2.jpg

"You want to know what happened to the last person who didn't include me"

"Lets just say Magnum TA's breaks worked fine the day before he tried to work me"

Holeeeey shiettt

Hall opening the flood gates

Scott Hall’s thoughts about Roman Reigns as WWE champion:

He’s getting a big push, but I just wish his work supported it. I don’t know, but I saw him commit to it and really go old-school and earn it in the fans’ eyes. The building that he won the Rumble in last year in Philly was the same building where he won the title and was cheered. In a year’s time, that’s pretty good.

Does Hall regret not winning a WWE/WCW World Championship?

I never really thought about the fact I wasn’t world champion. It’s all fake, so having a belt really means having extra weight in your luggage. It means bag check at every airport scan because everyone wants to look at the belt. But if it means I’m better than you, then I’ll take one. One time in WCW, I was the U.S. champ, tag champ, and the TV champ. I had three belts and I wore them all. I just think it’s hilarious, and I never really got caught up in the world title thing.

Hall comments on Sting’s WWE experiences:

“I was there and obviously involved in his match at WrestleMania last year. We’re rehearsing the match in Cali last year at Levi Stadium, and it’s the Kliq and the New Age Outlaws out there, and we all know each other. And then there’s Sting, who doesn’t know anybody. He’s an outsider. I just think he never felt comfortable there. Being hurt was answered prayer for him–just let it end.

You need to remember that Vince is never going to go with something he didn’t create. But we didn’t get anything done at the rehearsal the night before, so WrestleMania day, there were tents in the parking lot set up with rings for rehearsal. So we’re all in there again, and I’m next to Hulk on the ring apron and Triple H is going over the match and then he goes, ‘OK, he’ll break the sledgehammer, then I’ll hit him with the sledgehammer, and cover him, 1-2-3.’ I looked at Hulk, and Hulk looked at me, and I was thinking, ‘Sting, what kind of lawyer do you have, bro? You’re coming in the door doing a job? You weren’t even guaranteed to go over?’ That’s Vince just reminding you who won, even if he’s going to make money the other way.”
T

DMczaf

So we’re all in there again, and I’m next to Hulk on the ring apron and Triple H is going over the match and then he goes, ‘OK, he’ll break the sledgehammer, then I’ll hit him with the sledgehammer, and cover him, 1-2-3.’ I looked at Hulk, and Hulk looked at me, and I was thinking, ‘Sting, what kind of lawyer do you have, bro? You’re coming in the door doing a job? You weren’t even guaranteed to go over?’ That’s Vince just reminding you who won, even if he’s going to make money the other way.”

Shoot

Kaladin

I feel like the Sting deal was done so they can say "We brought in the last WCW hold out, there are you happy?" They were never going to do anything that amounted to anything with him.

It's just a shame we didn't get Taker vs Sting.

Marvel

could never
Stings whole presence and imo even the fans reactions to him in the E has been a wetfart. Sad, and now he's injured.

Honestly I wish I could've been a fly on the wall at that moment that Hall points out.

The funniest part of it all is that of all people, even The Hulkster was shocked. The man who doesn't have time for bullshit was like woah brother, wtf is this?

But honestly it's sad. And when you think it's like Hunter said, "Welp I guess I took the others down so let me get Sting next so I can put another notch under my belt."

That's just bullshit. Fake or not, it made no sense. My cousin and I looked at each other and said" what" when the match was over.

2 years in a row WWE left me confused.

Kaladin

Honestly I wish I could've been a fly on the wall at that moment that Hall points out.

The funniest part of it all is that of all people, even The Hulkster was shocked. The man who doesn't have time for bullshit was like woah brother, wtf is this?

But honestly it's sad. And when you think it's like Hunter said, "Welp I guess I took the others down so let me get Sting next so I can put another notch under my belt."

That's just bullshit. Fake or not, it made no sense. My cousin and I looked at each other and said" what" when the match was over.

2 years in a row WWE left me confused.

It's literally what Hall said. Vince is jerking off on the corpse of WCW again.

After that Breeze story, I'm even more convinced that Vince will do what he wants no matter who gives him input, be it Hunter or Steph or anyone else. I'm willing to bet that even if Hunter wanted to put over Sting, Vince wouldn't have let that happen.

UberTag

After that Breeze story, I'm even more convinced that Vince will do what he wants no matter who gives him input, be it Hunter or Steph or anyone else. I'm willing to bet that even if Hunter wanted to put over Sting, Vince wouldn't have let that happen.
Vince's rule trumps all no matter how illogical or damaging to the WWE.
Which is why one would be wise to not be overly invested in that product until he's gone. And he ain't retiring.

Kaladin

It os hard to quantify that but we know that wwe feel that their level of showmanship, technique and process is leagues above anyone who came before or even stood side by side with them at some point in the industry. At best, i could probably believe that that match was a metaphor for this. Samoa Joe spoke about this too as do the wcw guys: that when they stepped into wwe, it was apparent just how well they had their shit together and i think thats the story you can tell in a wwe icon vs wcw icon story.

I dont buy into it was a personal masterbation session for hunter and vince. What do they get out of it?

Hunter: "Hey, guys! I beat Sting. Yeah, it was on the script but i still beat him!"

Or

Vince: "god im so glad i took thise bitches down."

I just dont buy into it and furthermore, there is just zero evidence that this is the case. Certainly arguing the judgment exercised in the way that match was executed and the how the story was told is valid but judging intent is a hard thing to do, no matter what Hall said.

Just look at the history of how WCW has been used post invasion. Hell, even look at how Vince took the nWo and made it his. Every chance they get they go over and nail the point home that WWE is better. Think about Wrestlemania 18. Most of the matches involved WCW talent, and in all of those matches the WWE talent won. It happens over and over again throughout the past decade and a half.

I think it's funny that so many posters here are trying to convince everyone that gimmick posters don't exist and that they shouldn't be called out for gimmick posting.

Is this some sort of new gimmick?

I think it's funny that so many posters here are trying to convince everyone that gimmick posters don't exist and that they shouldn't be called out for gimmick posting.

Is this some sort of new gimmick?

Sounds like you're working yourself into a shoot by questioning if someone is working or shooting. Which ultimately leads to everyone being worked, even the person who is shooting. When we go so deep into the rabbit hole, it's almost as if we're too paranoid to trust.

Now the question is, did you just get worked, or have you just been shot?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Now you know who to thank for Wrestlemania 30 and Bryan's two wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom