• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Ranallo with the brilliant match calling. Lawler doing heel commentating. Actual ring psychology with Del Rio battering Kalisto's arm. SO GOOD.

Just happy I have a main roster show I can enjoy now. Feels good. But my gut tells me someone's gonna sabotage the fuck out of this after they realize it's clearly better when compared against RAW.

Scottify

Will Smackdown turn into the better show with Ranallo announcing? They could build the show just around his announcing style, imo. It's the reason I prefer SD over Raw right now.

Mahonay

Banned
Will Smackdown turn into the better show with Ranallo announcing? They could build the show just around his announcing style, imo. It's the reason I prefer SD over Raw right now.
It's already better. I hope they keep this momentum but I know something will probably get in the way. WWE doesn't like when things naturally take form.

klonere

Banned
Ranallo with the brilliant match calling. Lawler doing heel commentating. Actual ring psychology with Del Rio battering Kalisto's arm. SO GOOD.

Just happy I have a main roster show I can enjoy now. Feels good. But my gut tells me someone's gonna sabotage the fuck out of this after they realize it's clearly better when compared against RAW.

Yeah I know what will sabotage that show.

The finish to that MATCH ahausdhjajiskhdnjakshdnjkaszn

Menome

Lol only reason he was standing by New Day is because he's friends with them off camera.

In the the UpUpDownDown Madden Tournament finals half time show Sandow even rapped about how he's just too hot for TV.

vjV8AZo.jpg

I refuse to listen as it doesn't fit my prescribed narrative.

I can dream :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Masato Tanaka vs Hideki Suzuki is the best match of 2016. I highly recommend it.

sfdsfdfsdk8u2t.gif

asdsfaasffsdg7u00.gif

sadsasdasadsfvnul2.gif

gffgdgfddfgbrun9.gif

(a little explanation for this one so people don't think suzuki is going for some bullshit chris hero setup that makes no sense. he's going for his finisher the double underhook suplex, tanaka knows that's his finisher and fights it off so suzuki throws it away quickly to hit a neckbreaker instead)
hnghgnhgnhgn3sumn.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Kalisto was definitely getting that Roman pop though, lots of kids and general treble during some of his spots.

If only they had let him win or something :(
Dat Frakensteiner. Him and Del Rio work great together. Why they gotta ruin it with their shit tier booking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Masato Tanaka vs Hideki Suzuki is the best match of 2016. I highly recommend it.

(a little explanation for this one so people don't think suzuki is going for some bullshit chris hero setup that makes no sense. he's going for his finisher the double underhook suplex, tanaka knows that's his finisher and fights it off so suzuki throws it away quickly to hit a neckbreaker instead)

I love that kind of work, when someone keeps trying to get their finisher but the opponent keeps finding a way out of it.

I wouldn't say it's the best match of 2016 so far, but it's in my top 5 - just a really well worked match, built around Suzuki setting up for the double-arm suplex.

klonere

Banned
I really like Mauro on Smackdown. He's fantastic. However I dunno if I can continue to watch 5 hours of 2016 wresting a week.

Just watch the most agreed upon best Raw segments on Youtube the next morning! Then, watch out for what people say about Smackdown and seek out the best segments from that as well.

You too can cut your WWE viewing down to less than an hour a week. Don't be a dummy!

Holy shit a Data West rec I have already watched! This match was indeed fucking amazing and I was not expecting anything going in (random Z-1 shows I generally skip through).

Definitely check out if you can.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrasslin' jif of yore. Share one of your old, old, OLD faves that you never see making the rounds anymore.

fnXoTSy.gif

notworksafe

Wha...how
New Day is fantastic, the ladies matches are really looking good, Vince's absurdity is something that has become "can't miss" for me, and the growing importance of factions on Raw is something I like to see.

Plus I have DVR so if I start 5-10 minutes late I never have to watch a commercial.

klonere

Banned
I'm too much of a millennial to give any non-interactive entertainment 3 consecutive hours of my time. Let alone something with as fascinating a variation in quality as Raw.

Mahonay

Banned
New Day is fantastic, the ladies matches are really looking good, Vince's absurdity is something that has become "can't miss" for me, and the growing importance of factions on Raw is something I like to see.

Plus I have DVR so if I start 5-10 minutes late I never have to watch a commercial.
New Day segments have been really bad to me for this past month or so. The Charolette Vs Becky feud is one of the only things I watch afterwards. The Vince stuff is super forced and shitty at this point. And the factions don't even work together properly or do things that make sense. Social Outcasts seemed to be the most well formed. The jobber stable that only formed 2 weeks ago.

I see their intentions but the execution of it all is a special level of incompetence.

How can Tanaka still be taking those kind of bumps.

New day is not fun or good anymore. They are annoying, and not in a Heat kind of way, in a fast forward kind of way. Kofi being the absolute weakest link. I actually think Woods shit break off and go solo.

Also the fat one, I cant stand him. He looks weird, and sucks,.

klonere

Banned
I just realized that Sage Northcutt would be perfect in a modern day American Males.

Just a good old American boy hanging with his shirt off most of the time.

notworksafe

New Day segments have been really bad to me for this past month or so. The Charolette Vs Becky feud is one of the only things I watch afterwards. The Vince stuff is super forced and shitty at this point. And the factions don't even work together properly or do things that make sense. Social Outcasts seemed to be the most well formed. The jobber stable that only formed 2 weeks ago.

I see their intentions but the execution of it all is a special level of incompetence.

I guess I just see it from the opposite side. I think they're starting to get their shit together, it's just taking a bit. I think as they build towards WM things will start to gel a bit more.

One more

a6BnnMy.gif

notworksafe

I love that the two things everyone wants to see from a boxer is that pose with a fist by the face and throwing two or three fake body shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom