• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I alone with finding WrassleGafisms creeping into real life?

I found myself casually using the term 'real talk' recently, and earlier when having a conversation with a friend about a woman I like possibly liking me back, I said "I hope i'm not working myself into a shoot".

Also, are we in danger of being shut down? I've been working away for the past couple of days and i'm more out of touch than Vinnie Mac as a result.

Wife just went into labor, guys. I'm going to be a daddy!

Congrats.
b75ed90145bd12f708ab7e3a97df16fabfd621cd_hq.gif

Penguin

The thing about face Brock Lesnar is that he is the ultimate Hulk Hogan style WWF champion.

Think about it.

Pops ratings. Only wrestles a few big matches every year. It's unthinkable that anyone will beat him in a fair fight. Can actually sell in peril (not as well as Hogan) Has a great comeback routine (better than Hogan's)

The big problem is...he's literally beaten the shit out of every single heel the WWE has access to that is a top attraction. Big Show isn't Andre (though he's actually a much better wrestler in this stage of his career, Big Show was never the man his daddy was in terms of drawing) and Brock beat him in his prime and destroyed him lately. Same with Undertaker. Hell even the special attraction Goldberg wouldn't be a good fight. Kane, in 2016, I love him but nooooo. Heel John Cena, I guess. Even the independents are overflowing with great...face talent. The only good heels are too small to put up against him. The only people he has heat with in the company right now are Reigns, a babyface who they won't turn heel, and Rollins, who will be face by the time he's back. Special Attraction and top heel, HHH, has bad matches with him. You're really down to a very small list. Bray doesn't work, Taker beat him and Brock beat Taker. Owens is maybe the only person who could pull it off, or Samoa Joe, I suppose. They're still pretty small compared to Brock, but so is almost anyone else.

If Orton wasn't on the shelf that might work, but it'd be hard to get him to turn heel in time for Mania even if he returned soonish. The best bet might be to just put him in interesting face/face matches for awhile.

Watching their recent house show match, if they kept him somewhat strong or the League... Sheamus vs Brock could have been a pretty good match.

Sheamus is big enough to look like a legit threat. Has a strong hoss style. And due to his pale skin, damage always looks good on him

I don't really get that hall interview where he says it's all fake so he doesn't really care about results then is all shocked that sting agreed to job.

Sting chill as fuck, he dont give a shit about jobbing to some dweeb and tells rollins hes honored to fight him after getting his neck broke.

thats a man whos hand i'd gladly shake

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tanahashi on Nakamura leaving;

Dave thinks they might do Okada/Tanahashi again at Invasion Attack. I just can't see it - I know the roster's depleted at present, but it's too damn soon. However, there's a chance of Suzuki-gun returning at New Beginning - wouldn't be at all averse to Sugiura or Suzuki or, hell, even Shelton taking on Okada at Invasion Attacks. Put K.E.S. back into the tag division, or have them & Iizuka go after the NEVER trios belts, plus Taichi & TAKA can slot back into the Jr. tag scene.

I'd also like to see KES back in NJPW taking care of business. Just the mention of a team and Iizuka makes me upset, even though it would be a good fit, I just have seen so much trio or up Iizuka stuff.

klonere

Banned
I'd also like to see KES back in NJPW taking care of business. Just the mention of a team and Iizuka makes me upset, even though it would be a good fit, I just have seen so much trio or up Iizuka stuff.

Keep Iizuka in NOAH, bring over Ishimorii when he's dropped their Jr. belt for a program. Taichi in the juniors will literally be Kenny 2.0 though, his gimmick is exactly the same, if with a marginally different twist. Still I find him very entertaining and his size and moveset actually makes him very credible as an intimidating heel in the Jrs.

Good shit all-round, KES in NJPW can only be great. I hope Hero gets another run at NOAH he was stupidly over at Destiny 2015.

klonere

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;192276435 said:
don't think so, but klonere without a redhead in his avi is messing me up something fierce.

It's true; it's damn true.

I figured a new year needed a new avatar but since Becky is actually doing pretty great now and you guys are all upset, I might change back.

If she gets the strap, brother, I'm definitely switching back.

ZxN0Ggn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom