• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Eva works because she's abjectly terrible at everything. She can't wrestle, her promos are some of the worst I've ever heard and her mannerisms/gestures/movements are all so stilted that she's utterly devoid of charisma. She's the best at being the worst who just so happens to be attractive (which is the only thing WWE management gives a shit about) and they're doing a great job booking her as such.

I think Nia Jax deserves her place on the roster far less than Eva. Her promos/attitude utterly kill her character and render her nowhere near as entertaining to watch.
Nia is a whole lot of nothing right now but she is still green as fuck. One thing you can say in her favor is that she did a perfectly serviceable job against Bayley in London, which she deserves some credit for this early on.
Well the whole genre has really gone downhill ever since the Shield break up
Lol man some of those were the best.

Kaladin

It feels good to finalize a request for two weeks off at work in late May. I get off May 18th and return on June 2nd. Feels damn good.

UberTag

You know how to sell out Mania at this point? Get Trump out there.
He's a certified WWE Hall of Famer. Easy way to fill that stadium, too.
Let him give a rally speech and then Austin can stunner him again.

trump-stunner.gif

Mahonay

Banned
It'd work. Dems can't take their eyes off him, Republicans can't either.
My girlfriend and I were on a Jimmy Fallon kick, then after all of Trump's horrible racist & misogynist shit they decided to have him on the show. I didn't watch that episode and it cooled me on Jimmy Fallon all together. We've only seen a couple of his shows since then.

If you despise what someone stands for then you're going to avoid having to be exposed to them.

Edited since I had like 20 typos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
International network subscriptions plummet.

You people can't get enough of him either. Don't lie. There was just someone today saying it's fascinating. Up up up. It's huge for ratings.

Fucking God no.

I think I'd actually not watch Mania if they included him this year.
But all of that rich 1% money just to see Trump. Vince is probably trying to find me email for such a brilliant idea.

He's a certified WWE Hall of Famer. Easy way to fill that stadium, too.
Let him give a rally speech and then Austin can stunner him again.

trump-stunner.gif
All of the hardcore Austin fans would be like, wait he's a redneck, he should be cheering Trump like us!
Getting Trump for this year would be the most insanely tasteless and ignorant possible move by the WWE.

Don't even joke.
Nah, they've done worse.

Aiii

So not worth it
If Trump brings those Freedom Girls along to take the Kid Rock place as musical performance at Mania... ALL THE BUYS. Take my money.

Mahonay

Banned
Same here, but people will watch.

They'll still watch. Controversy creates cash.
I wouldn't watch out of principle. There is a fairly large liberal portion of modern wrestling fans, there would be a noticeable chunk of people tuning out/cancelling subscriptions.

Yes there's definitely people that will eat it up. Actually it would bring in dirt bags that don't even watch wrestling who live off this kind of trash, so who knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't watch out of principle. There is a fairly large liberal portion of modern wrestling fans, there would be a noticeable chunk of people tuning out/cancelling subscriptions.

Yes there's definitely people that will eat it up. Actually it would bring in dirt bags that don't even watch wrestling who live off this kind of trash, so who knows.

TONS of liberals will be sharing the video, spreading it everywhere. I'm not trying to get political but most people I know who are very strong liberals have a tendency to share the bad shit with a "look at this fucking shit" mindset, which just makes it more pervasive. At the same time sure, absolutely call out bad shit.

WWE would make a lot of money in not just eyes on the Network, but in social circles.

Mahonay

Banned
TONS of liberals will be sharing the video, spreading it everywhere. I'm not trying to get political but most people I know who are very strong liberals have a tendency to share the bad shit with a "look at this fucking shit" mindset, which just makes it more pervasive. At the same time sure, absolutely call out bad shit.

WWE would make a lot of money in not just eyes on the Network, but in social circles.
That phenomenon on Facebook with people who should know better feeding tremendous life into that shit over social media is a big problem. Wish people weren't so blind to it.

I check my Facebook about once every 3 days now since it's a cesspool of just the dumbest shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That phenomenon on Facebook with people who should know better feeding tremendous life into that shit over social media is a big problem. Wish people weren't so blind to it.

I check my Facebook about once every 3 days now since it's a cesspool of just the dumbest shit.

Yeah. There's a lot of people that want to be the person pointing and say "I can't believe this trash!" but it's harmful and gives it a platform.

Ah well, a discussion not for WrassleGAF! It'll get dangerous in here.

Mahonay

Banned
Let us not forget at Vince slapping the Saddam sympathizer gimmick on Sgt Slaughter during the Gulf War resulted in a big hit to business for WWE.

If things get tasteless on a larger level, beyond the typical carney wrestling bullshit, people will turn away.

You people can't get enough of him either. Don't lie. There was just someone today saying it's fascinating. Up up up. It's huge for ratings.

Oh, sure, it's fascinating all right. Fascinating how the idea of such a disgusting, morally bankrupt person running for your countries highest office can even be entertained. If the rest of the world's fascinated, it's the exact same sort of fascination people have when driving by a car crash.

It's honestly good for business. You want more viewers? Think out of the box. I'm sorry that your don't care for him, he's pure comedy but people will eat this up like a Sunday dinner.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let us not forget at Vince slapping the Saddam sympathizer gimmick on Sgt Slaughter resulted in a big hit to business for WWE.

If things get tasteless on a larger level, beyond the typical carney wrestling bullshit, people will turn away.

That was pretty cut and dry, though - VERY clean, unanimously, in America that Saddam was bad.

Trump...there's...an awful lot of support for. People weigh different issues differently, so I'm not surprised.

Oh, sure, it's fascinating all right. Fascinating how the idea of such a disgusting, morally bankrupt person running for your countries highest office can even be entertained. If the rest of the world's fascinated, it's the exact same sort of fascination people have when driving by a car crash.

Hate him or not, you're paying attention to him. Eyes is eyes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also NBC's close relationship with WWE would preclude them from bringing in a man onto they fired and disavowed.

This would probably be the first big reason why there's no chance you'll see him on. It's valid.

Just like NBC prevented Trump from showing up on Fallon's show and on Saturday Night Live?

Or maybe not! This happened? Jeeeezus. Why are people not tuning out of Fallon and SNL?

Mahonay

Banned
It's honestly good for business. You want more viewers? Think out of the box. I'm sorry that your don't care for him, he's pure comedy but people will eat this up like a Sunday dinner.
Seeing that the future of my country hinges on it, yeah it kind of means a lot more to me than "LOL isn't Trump hilarious??"

Aiii

So not worth it

Honestly? America is like the last of all the western countries to have an asshole populist blow up like Trump did. Every European country has had one for years now.

Anth0ny

what if trump is at mania and does one of his speeches to 100k people chanting asshole at him

AND THEN THE HULKSTER COMES OUT IN THE RED AND YELLOW

ALL IS FORGIVEN BROTHER

HE HITS TRUMP WITH THE BOOT AND DROPS THE LEG DUDE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly? America is like the last of all the western countries to have an asshole populist blow up like Trump did. Every European country has had one for years now.

Yeah I've seen that a lot and from a distance, it always seems like "Well that's just some insane nutjob. They won't make any REAL impact." but we're also living our lives over here with blinders on, and not looking at what impact does happen. Have there been some recent major setbacks by elected folks over in Europe where things very clearly go backwards in a terrible, Trump-like way?

And the controversy was worth it to NBC, according to NBC Entertainment Chief Bob Greenblatt.

Dang. I wouldn't rule it out then.

klonere

Banned
Seeing that the future of my country hinges on it, yeah it kind of means a lot more to me than "LOL isn't Trump hilarious??"

It's not even the future. He is actively poisoning political discourse by being so outrageously fundamentalist that if you thought US politics was an ideological gridlock you ain't seen nothing yet. The GOP is going to eat itself and it's not going to be pretty.

Anyway. Wrestling. Taichi is awesome.

ty2yuKQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom