• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As you said, that's what made the 90s so good. The storyline's were so thought out that you don't really care about the matches. They made up for it later.

And I felt bad for Tatanka because not many people could get a good match from Luger and he had to stink it up with him on many occasions.

Tatanka...might be a worse performer than Lex. He's remembered fondly by some because he had a great look, the best gimmick (doesn't lose!) but with the ultimate poison pill attached to it. He's boring as fuck in the ring though. Different chops, crossbody blocks, more chops.

I love his heel theme though!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tatanka is definitely worse than Lex Luger. I was able to come up with 5 redeemable things about Luger. Tatanka has NOTHING to offer.

Tatanka...might be a worse performer than Lex. He's remembered fondly by some because he had a great look, the best gimmick (doesn't lose!) but with the ultimate poison pill attached to it. He's boring as fuck in the ring though. Different chops, crossbody blocks, more chops.

I love his heel theme though!
He he he he he he he

HA HA HA HA

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!

Tatanka was a more talented Hogan brother, get it right. No one will disrespect Tatanka around here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With all that WCW money, Luger could still never afford to get a suit tailored.

It makes me wonder if it was some next level heeling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tatanka is definitely worse than Lex Luger. I was able to come up with 5 redeemable things about Luger. Tatanka has NOTHING to offer.

His dope theme song? His even doper Million Dollar Corporation theme? Rad hair?

I mean, Lex actually has good matches with some people, actually has some memorable programs, also had an undefeated run. Had the run where he broke everyone's arm. Got to team with Buff Bagwell. Tatanka got to slum it up with Matt Hardy and IRS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lex Luger's running forearm is my favorite running strike in all of wrestling and the gimmick only helped it.

I'd put it over Stan Hansen's lariat and Goldberg's spear. Come at me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lex Luger's running forearm is my favorite running strike in all of wrestling and the gimmick only helped it.

I'd put it over Stan Hansen's lariat and Goldberg's spear. Come at me.

I...I won't come after you.

Torture Rack is also a great submission for a lug like Lex.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LT did a good one too
forearm-smash.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does Vince Secretly Hate America?

1. Hogan is Mr. America. Except he's a giant cheater.
2. Hacksaw is somehow even more American. Except he's an even bigger cheater.
3. Lex Luger is a Lex Loser when he put on the stars and stripes, even after hip tossing Yokozuna to the bottom of the boat.
4. Jack Swagger.
5. Turned Kirk Angel into a joke.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

3. Lex Luger is a Lex Loser when he put on the stars and stripes, even after hip tossing Yokozuna to the bottom of the boat.
4. Jack Swagger.

Counter-point:
Entrance+on+Raw.gif

Mahonay

Banned

4. Jack Swagger.
Vince's sense of morality and patriotism is pretty skewed so this all makes sense.

That NXT Women's Battle Royal was pretty great, despite the awful Fail Sail crowd. Asuka, Bliss, Carmella, Emma, and Eva Marie were all booked perfectly.

rrc1594

Does KO go on a run for the tile or do they give him the MiTB, If they do give him the MiTB I don't think he would hold on to it to long. KO isn't the patient type.

Mahonay

Banned
Does KO go on a run for the tile or do they give him the MiTB, If they do give him the MiTB I don't think he would hold on to it to long. KO isn't the patient type.
No idea right now. I have a hard time predicting WWE giving anyone not named Roman Reigns a big push with their latest booking.

It's literally Roman Reigns Vs the rest of the roster that Vince deems too shitty to face him on their own.

MC Safety

That NXT Women's Battle Royal was pretty great, despite the awful Fail Sail crowd. Asuka, Bliss, Carmella, Emma, and Eva Marie were all booked perfectly.

If you believe the great mass of rookies and jobbers and has-beens and never-wases that participated in a battle royale to determine the number one contender for the women's championship actually deserved to compete for the contendership, then yes, the battle royale was pretty great.

I kept wondering who these women were and what they did to merit inclusion. Other than having a physical body that could be made to enter the ring.

Mahonay

Banned
If you believe the great mass of rookies and jobbers and has-beens and never-wases that participated in a battle royale to determine the number one contender for the women's championship actually deserved to compete for the contendership, then yes, the battle royale was pretty great.

I kept wondering who these women were and what they did to merit inclusion. Other than having a physical body that could be made to enter the ring.
Because they're rebuilding most of their women's division?

That's trying pretty hard to find a big problem with that battle royal. How is the Royal Rumble any different?

Sounds like the royal rumble tbh

klonere

Banned

It was a women's developmental battle royale bro, I dunno what you were expecting.

Not saying that another method of determining a contender would be a good shout but I guess they needed a title match for the tapings at UCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom