• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It was a women's developmental battle royale bro, I dunno what you were expecting.

Not saying that another method of determining a contender would be a good shout but I guess they needed a title match for the tapings at UCF.

Wasn't it every single person on the NXT Women's roster minus Nia Jix plus a few jobbers to get thrown out?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is Wade Barrett actually injured right now? Does he just exist in a state wherein he is both injured and well at all times

He was born in the interstice, the layer of existence between the physical world and the Astral world. In the Interstice, creatures of dream and nightmare are alive, born by the subconscious will of humans. Here also reside the elves and elementals of ancient times as well as humans who have gained further knowledge of the nature of the universe (such as witches and wizards). Humans who have a firm hold on the physical realm cannot interact or even sense the beings in the Interstice.

klonere

Banned
Wasn't it every single person on the NXT Women's roster minus Nia Jix plus a few jobbers to get thrown out?

Yeah the only names that comes to mind that wasn't in it was Athena and Dana. I thought the Nia Jax excuse for not being the thing was pretty weak. Takeover was ages ago, surely being choked out doesn't have that severe an after-effect.

Mahonay

Banned
Is Wade Barrett actually injured right now? Does he just exist in a state wherein he is both injured and well at all times
They put him on TV to pretend he's not injured which is the latest thing WWE is big on. Whatever his issue it doesn't effect his ability to walk out and stand next to the ring,

He was born in the interstice, the layer of existence between the physical world and the Astral world. In the Interstice, creatures of dream and nightmare are alive, born by the subconscious will of humans. Here also reside the elves and elementals of ancient times as well as humans who have gained further knowledge of the nature of the universe (such as witches and wizards). Humans who have a firm hold on the physical realm cannot interact or even sense the beings in the Interstice.
Holy fuck lol. I need to save this.

MC Safety

Sounds like the royal rumble tbh

Traditionally, the Royal Rumble is open to everyone. It's meant to be a free for all.

This battle royale was for the number one contendership. You put a bunch of nobodies in there to pad the ranks, the contendership doesn't mean much.

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but I think it's dumb to suggest Cameron, rookie wrestlers #1-#5, and Eva Marie should be allowed to compete for a shot at the title until they've won a match or at least made sure the people know who they are.

Mahonay

Banned
Traditionally, the Royal Rumble is open to everyone. It's meant to be a free for all.

This battle royale was for the number one contendership. You put a bunch of nobodies in there to pad the ranks, the contendership doesn't mean much.
That's an extremely minor difference.

I think you're lending more credibility to the Rumble than it deserves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but I think it's dumb to suggest Cameron, rookie wrestlers #1-#5, and Eva Marie should be allowed to compete for a shot at the title until they've won a match or at least made sure the people know who they are.

I always looked at it the other way. The one night where everyone has a chance to be the one. If you have been saying you're hot shit but you're new, well, now you get a chance. I love it.

I hope Barrett recovers in time for the rumble so he can achieve nothing of note and probably get injured going over the top rope.

Still bitter that I believed in a KING OF THE RING push.

MC Safety

That's an extremely minor difference.

I think you're lending more credibility to the Rumble than it deserves.

Not lending any credibility to the Rumble.

You're not going to get 30 top-tier wrestlers for the Rumble.

But that's not the point. If NXT wants its women's championship to mean something, you shouldn't be able to earn a number one contendership five minutes after you walk through the door.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not lending any credibility to the Rumble.

You're not going to get 30 top-tier wrestlers for the Rumble.

But that's not the point. If NXT wants its women's championship to mean something, you shouldn't be able to earn a number one contendership five minutes after you walk through the door.

Well, nobody did.

Xater

Master of None has a surprising amount of wrestling in it. Arizona doing wrestling moves, dude in the taco truck just wanting to listen to his wrestling podcasts...

So I ordered from the PWG winter sale and have not heard anything from them or gotten anything outside of a paypal receipt. Is this pretty much par for the course with them or should I be concerned?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Again, irrelevant. And you know what I meant.

Eh, it shakes it up a little and gives people a quick moment to maybe see someone they're interested in for the future.

Of course I'm not interested in anyone there yet. Someone got a boner from flower girl though.

I hope Barrett recovers in time for the rumble so he can achieve nothing of note and probably get injured going over the top rope.

Still bitter that I believed in a KING OF THE RING push.
I do too, even though Lesnar cursed it. Booker was the only one to break the curse but everyone else suffers from it m

So I ordered from the PWG winter sale and have not heard anything from them or gotten anything outside of a paypal receipt. Is this pretty much par for the course with them or should I be concerned?

I never hear anything else from them until the DVD's show up. I've emailed them a few times recently about an order of mine that was sent back and had no reply though.

klonere

Banned
There is a chance that Tyler Breeze could be our new WHC by the end of the month.

Compared to the NXT Women's Battle Royal that is the height of absurdity

There is a chance that Tyler Breeze could be our new WHC by the end of the month.

Compared to the NXT Women's Battle Royal that is the height of absurdity
Those who are on the sideline have it good now. Just wait for the injury bug to hit everyone then BAM you're so in there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
CYvRu9ZWAAAcr7y.jpg

Goldberg. Follow the money

Arm injuries....oh my god.

It's Lex Luger and his Lex Flexor.

Hex

Banned
Setup.

Eva Marie participates with Bayley and Alexa Bliss in the first ever Women's ladder match. The story line is about how Eva used her "corporate" connections to get herself in the match but she makes statements to a Authority figure that she wants to earn the belt.

In the match Eva takes a huge bump (doesn't need to be a dangerous bump but one you wouldn't normally see and Alexa plays dirty to attempt to win the belt but Bayley wins.

Later a scene with a sad Eva in the back as she knew she lost the match. WHen she asks a manager he told her she doesn't care if she won or lost because she drew money as a sex object. She leaves looking miffed but Bayley who overhears the conversation tells Eva she earned her spot as a competitor and that she shouldn't take garbage talk like that.

Later more, Bayley comes out in wrapped in bandages and ice to say thank you to the fans that helped her then Alexa comes from behind and hits her with a chair. Fans are shocked by the chair hit on a woman when suddenly Eva comes down for the save.

Crowd worked
Face Eva reign begins

Eva would cripple someone in a ladder match if not kill them.

Menome

Someone got a boner from flower girl though.

Hey, it was genuine interest! Out of all the jobbers, she seemed to have the 'it' factor. Her promo needed some more self-confidence behind it, especially if she's going to play up this seductive Poison Ivy angle, but she did well in the ring and got the 'temporary team-up' story across.

The name Peyton Royce is rubbish though. That needs changing.

Can't argue that she is fit as hell.

Well I don't want to blow my opinion of her out of proportion, but we can all agree on this no?

Eva is miles better than when she first debut with the WWE, She is very entertaining in her current role, and is almost unrecognizable as a talent compared to Total Diva days.

No?

I mean she is busting her ass, and I give her credit for it. Its pretty obvious she is busting her ass.

She is not Brett Hart, and she never will be; but she is trying, she is owning her character, and doing these little mannerisms that are pretty damn good. Its obvious HHH or someone is really helping her.

MSQg3IG.gif

tumblr_o0xxh0wd0u1sj4xr4o1_500.0.gif

klonere

Banned
It's kinda sad that Alexa is actually competent and talented as clearly the way to be is suck as much as possible to get heat.

I want Alexa doing everything Eva is doing right now :(

I guess Alexa has had stuff to do but WAAAAAHHHH

Menome

It's kinda sad that Alexa is actually competent and talented as clearly the way to be is suck as much as possible to get heat.

I want Alexa doing everything Eva is doing right now :(

I guess Alexa has had stuff to do but WAAAAAHHHH

Her few seconds of promo-time were head and shoulders above everyone else's. I don't know how long she's been in NXT, but she could go up to the main roster next week and slot right in.

Heroman

Banned
Eva sucks, her whole character and how they book her is base on how bad she is, and when fans stop caring about how bad she is , is when she is forgotten.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny that we were talking about the Lexorcist and now NXT and the first thing that pops to mind when Dana Brooke promos begin is that she is a better female Lex Luger. Better accent. Better hair. Better promo. Better moves. Maybe she'll have a long career and Emma will be her Stang.

Hex

Banned
Well I don't want to blow my opinion of her out of proportion, but we can all agree on this no?

Eva is miles better than when she first debut with the WWE, She is very entertaining in her current role, and is almost unrecognizable as a talent compared to Total Diva days.

No?

I mean she is busting her ass, and I give her credit for it. Its pretty obvious she is busting her ass.

She is not Brett Hart, and she never will be; but she is trying, she is owning her character, and doing these little mannerisms that are pretty damn good. Its obvious HHH or someone is really helping her.

MSQg3IG.gif

tumblr_o0xxh0wd0u1sj4xr4o1_500.0.gif

I can see what you are saying but they seem forced and unnatural to me still.
Far too exaggerated. She is memorizing her lines and marks which is an improvement but it still comes off very stiff and forced.
Even her moves like when she was kicked Asuka out of the ring during the battle royal looked really rough and off target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom