• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

stunner-on-cena-o.gif

John Cena has been the centerpiece of WWE for longer than any other wrestler in the company’s history. He won his first title in WrestleMania 21 and is still on the top of the cards more than a decade later. With that level of success comes merchandising, company support and MILLIONS OF DOLLAS *dances*. How many millions?

Well, according to Dave Meltzer, John Cena is earning upwards of $10 million a year now, including merch benefits and bonuses. That’s a ton of money, and up there with any single-year earnings of guys like The Rock and Stone Cold. We can all argue about John Cena, but it’s hard to argue that he doesn’t deserve the money. Cena only misses time (except for the end of 2015) if he’s got a devastatingly critical injury. He’s been the stable, headlining presence for 10 years and he’s done more Make-a-Wish appearances than anyone ever.

The amount Cena’s earning is making his 2015 even more remarkable. While he could just sit around and collect his money, Cena instead decided to evolve into a top-tier wrestler, putting on classic matches all year. This is like Hulk Hogan joining the NWO and busting out top-rope hurricanranas just to put out a better product for the fans. But yeah, $10 million for Cena. Imagine how nice a wedding ring he’ll never get Nikki Bella would be.

10M a year and he holds everyone down? He should be making a hell of a lot more.

Striker

10M a year and he holds everyone down? He should be making a hell of a lot more.
The amount Cena’s earning is making his 2015 even more remarkable. While he could just sit around and collect his money, Cena instead decided to evolve into a top-tier wrestler, putting on classic matches all year. This is like Hulk Hogan joining the NWO and busting out top-rope hurricanranas just to put out a better product for the fans
wRUZnss.gif

Only one of those changes to their character was truly better for pro wrestling.

Striker

That little Cody angle with the Rhodes/Authority was probably the last decent Authority angle that wasn't shite.

And that was over two years ago.

Sephzilla

Thankfully this is happening though. His character work seems 100 times better as a heel.

poeLPqe.jpg
At the NXT live event last night Balor was doing the bullet club gestures quite a bit and seemed like he was playing a heel a bit against Zayn. He works well as a heel.

klonere

Banned
At the NXT live event last night Balor was doing the bullet club gestures quite a bit and seemed like he was playing a heel a bit against Zayn. He works well as a heel.

Yeah that picture is from that show! I heard he held the finger gun to Zayn's head a la

b6a4b3659ea00ca24ebd5c59b908b31e.jpg

It's real.

Still throwing up. Or "vomitus" as your kind would say

What a pompous name that is, I love it. But it makes me sick.

I think you'll find the millenials these days refer to it as "vomming" or "chundering" friend.

I'm shocked no Brit indy guy is running with Lord Mountevans Jr as a gimmick

klonere

Banned
I'm so ready for a repeat of Neville/Zayn except with longer lasting consequences for the heel involved instead of becoming Mr. Flippy Cape man.

What did you think of The Drifter Seph? I've heard very very mixed reports about him.

Sephzilla

What did you think of The Drifter Seph? I've heard very very mixed reports about him.
He's just as boring in person as he is on TV. While he was doing his entrance, Bull Dempsey mocked his whole entrance and did the "sit on the top rope and stare" thing while wearing a Cheesehead. Bull was infinitely more fun.

Striker

Don't most LMS lately end with some hokey finish like duct tape or something laying on top of the other guy? Or a non-finish like the Cena-Ryback match. Rules thrown out just so they can use their Owen voices.

iMax

Bryan Alvarez mentioned on Wrestling Observer Live that he’s heard that Hulk Hogan could be brought back to WWE in time for WrestleMania 32. Dave Meltzer mentioned on the same podcast that he wouldn’t rule out Hogan’s return however WWE isn’t going to rush to bring him back if there is a high risk of backlash.

PWInsider mentioned this week that WWE wouldn’t bring Hogan back until his lawsuit with Gawker is resolved. Hogan’s trial with Gawker is scheduled to begin near WrestleMania.

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe-news/hulk-hogan-returning-to-wwe-before-wrestlemania-32/

why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom