• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottify

Sorry for going off topic, but I'm looking for some new PC games to play and was just wondering what your fave five recommendations would be, because I trust Wrassle Gaf's opinions. Currently I'm playing

1) Prison Architect
2) Diablo III
3) The Walking Dead Season 2
4) Dungeons 2
5) Cities: Skylines

The only games I don't really play are first person shooters.

FyreWulff

Shane also wanted wwf/e.com to cover other promotions and industry news. When wwe.com still had forums, they even had a TNA forum.

He was way more open about the industry considering he grew up as Vince's son, who thinks if it didn't happen in WWE, it doesn't exist.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltz is predicting AJ debuting the RAW after the PPV, instead of appearing as an entrant in the Royal Rumble. Makes more sense to me.

AJ did already strongly suggest he was going to be in the Rumble at a recent indie show, but wrestlers constantly say things that never get booked.

It is fucking stupid as shit if true.

You have one job at the Rumble and that is to not have it be shit. Drop a fucking jobber and get a new face in there that's likely to get over huge with the smark crowd, then pop a rating on your free TV show the next day because of all the buzz his appearance gets on the pay-to-watch show.

If they really do this (and they've done shit like this in the past, so I wouldn't put it past them), they would really be dumb as shit.

Mahonay

Banned

You have one job at the Rumble and that is to not have it be shit. Drop a fucking jobber and get a new face in there that's likely to get over huge with the smark crowd, then pop a rating on your free TV show the next day because of all the buzz his appearance gets on the pay-to-watch show.

If they really do this (and they've done shit like this in the past, so I wouldn't put it past them), they would really be dumb as shit.
But then you have to consider eliminating him in a way that doesn't get booed.

Will he be in a spot in the Rumble where he can actually do any high spots that put him on display for people who don't know who he is?

WWE has a real problem doing either things in the Royal Rumble. It seems like a sure-fire hit, but it's the WWE. If there's a way to fuck it up and make people unhappy, they will do it. These days they can only seem to manage softballs thrown at them.

Anth0ny

Basically if Roman gets eliminated early on, they should debut AJ.

If not, I can see them holding off just because they don't want this new guy to get a better reaction than Roman. And then Roman to get booed for the rest of the match once AJ is eliminated.

Scottify

I don't know if they should debut AJ by himself, I don't know how many in the audience would even recognize him. I think they should save him and debut him with the rest of the Bullet Club, I think that would make more of an impact.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well I mean the internet at large is uninformed and dumb as fuck,

I'll straight up say it too, I'm sorry, Mahonay, for making a statement like that that was so broad. I didn't mean it nearly as badly as it came off (I still meant it badly and I do believe it) but there's plenty of people who don't feel that they need a man in charge, yet still wish for Shane. He brought a boyish charm to a carny ass sport, and I think a lot of us liked that.

Limit

Assuming the rumble booking is on point because AJ sure as heck isn't winning the rumble. And I have zero faith in WWE making a debuting chracter look credible while having him lose in his first in ring appearance at the same time.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't know if they should debut AJ by himself, I don't know how many in the audience would even recognize him. I think they should save him and debut him with the rest of the Bullet Club, I think that would make more of an impact.
With Gallows and Anderson being rumored to debut in NXT first I'm not sure that's likely to happen.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
If they're worried about the crowd not knowing who Styles is (which, I mean, I kind of doubt. He's a big name, he's been around and on American TV for the last decade.), wouldn't it actually make more sense to debut him in the Rumble? He'll get a good reaction from the smark crowd there which in theory carries over to the kind of people that show up for a Raw taping.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk, Gallows needs to go back to NXT for a bit and re-learn how to give a shit. He effortlessly slid through NJPW and he could use some re-alignment.

Anderson looks like the kind of dude who will need some classes about social media and how to present himself and others in-line with the company's beliefs and objectives.

If they're worried about the crowd not knowing who Styles is (which, I mean, I kind of doubt. He's a big name, he's been around and on American TV for the last decade.), wouldn't it actually make more sense to debut him in the Rumble? He'll get a good reaction from the smark crowd there which in theory carries over to the kind of people that show up for a Raw taping.
WWE making sense? Woah what year is it ?

Fox318

vAbP65Wl.jpg

"We're ready to work"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today is Big Dave's 47th birthday! Couldn't happen to a better dude. Love that man.

y6ygjUh.gif

Scottify

Real talk, Gallows needs to go back to NXT for a bit and re-learn how to give a shit. He effortlessly slid through NJPW and he could use some re-alignment.

Anderson looks like the kind of dude who will need some classes about social media and how to present himself and others in-line with the company's beliefs and objectives.

I agree about Gallows, but I think Anderson's harsh, for lack of a better word, promos kinda set him apart. I thought he was really good as the mouthpiece and I think toning him down may hurt him overall.

Aiii

So not worth it

Exactly, the WWE-only casuals will hear the big pop, will hear commentary talk him up (again, mention his IWGP titles and the fact that Brock held that title) and will see him eliminate a few guys and get a few high-profile shots. Google will clue them in on the rest.

But as people have said, this is WWE and it's more likely they'll be dumb as shit about and pay this man half a million or something a year to job 90% of the time because he's not a WWE guy.

Styles wins, brock wins a number one contendership match at feb ppv, Styles vs Brock at mania, every smark who left wwe comes back to watch the biggest match wwe will have put on in yeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrsssssssssss.

Mahonay

Banned
I'll straight up say it too, I'm sorry, Mahonay, for making a statement like that that was so broad. I didn't mean it nearly as badly as it came off (I still meant it badly and I do believe it) but there's plenty of people who don't feel that they need a man in charge, yet still wish for Shane. He brought a boyish charm to a carny ass sport, and I think a lot of us liked that.
Thank you Sunny.
axelmania-meets-macho-mandow.gif

And for sure, Shane had an aspect to him that was very anti-McMahon which I think most people liked about him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree about Gallows, but I think Anderson's harsh, for lack of a better word, promos kinda set him apart. I thought he was really good as the mouthpiece and I think toning him down may hurt him overall.

I get the feeling he will get WWE in trouble.

Because he is a 2-time IWGP champion. You know, the belt that Brock won once and JBL keeps bringing up as a major accomplishment?

How is the crowd at the show supposed to know that?

I mean you're really setting the dude up to fail if you just push him out to a crowd who will feel ambivalent towards him at best, and at worst will be as hostile and volatile as the previous two Rumbles.

Aiii

So not worth it
How is the crowd at the show supposed to know that?

I mean you're really setting the dude up to fail if you just push him out to a crowd who will feel ambivalent towards him at best, and at worst will be as hostile and volatile as the previous two Rumbles.

The crowd at the show will know who he is. The people at home will be told. Easy as fuck.

The Rumble is in Orlando Florida, for fucks sake.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
WWE making sense? Woah what year is it ?

Damn, I knew there was a flaw in my logic.

I just don't understand the line of thinking that says you have to save AJ for the Raw after the Rumble. He'll be more well know to that Rumble crowd than the Raw after. He doesn't have to win and I don't think anybody expects him to, but he can come in, get a good reaction, last a while, have a high profile elimination that sets up his Mania feud. This should be pretty easy booking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Quite possible, he does have a bit of a vulgar streak in him. This is why I'm not a promoter.

The moment when he announces Finn Balor, the "Vag Slayer" that shit is over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Sunny, are you not doing an avatar rumble this year?

The rumble isn't this weekend, right? Because I'll be out of town. We have another week of build, yes?

EDIT: Fuck it's this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom