• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
D6mujap.gif

Colocho

Banned
So i decided to throw on last years wrestlemania while I did some work, and it got to the final match.

I still think Brock vs Roman is the best match ive ever seen. Brock beat the living shit out of Roman, which is what everyone wanted to see happen. It was the first time in awhile I had seen blood in a match (and holy fuck there was a lot of it. still not sure brock bladed on that pole to the head). And to top it off, the finish was so bad ass. Brock has Seth on his shoulders ready for an F5, Roman spears Brock with Seth on his shoulders, he throws Seth who seemingly lands on his feet, then curb stomps Roman after recovering from the spear.

I wouldnt mind seeing a Brock vs Roman rematch at this years WM if thats what we end up getting. Roman can take a fucking beating and we all know Brock can deliver it.

I still watch it sometimes when I'm bored, or at least the finish, which was pretty much my favorite finish of all time.

Ithil

How is the crowd at the show supposed to know that?

I mean you're really setting the dude up to fail if you just push him out to a crowd who will feel ambivalent towards him at best, and at worst will be as hostile and volatile as the previous two Rumbles.

Yes, the second most hardcore crowd of the year (if you count post-WM RAW as part of the WM crowd, which they are) in Orlando where AJ wrestled for TNA for a decade, will be "ambivalent" towards him.

Short of the post-WM RAW crowd, there's not going to be a crowd all year that's more likely to go wild for him.

Anth0ny

Yes, the second most hardcore crowd of the year (if you count post-WM RAW as part of the WM crowd, which they are) in Orlando where AJ wrestled for TNA for a decade, will be "ambivalent" towards him.

Short of the post-WM RAW crowd, there's not going to be a crowd all year that's more likely to go wild for him.

last year people were saying the same shit. "Roman is over with audiences. It is not a Batista situation. He won't get booed if he wins. No one is expecting Daniel Bryan to win."

The Rumble crowd is all hardcore fans that travel to the event at this point. Reigns will be shit on and AJ would get a massive reaction if he debuts on Sunday.

At the very least, HHH eliminating Reigns will get massive cheers.

"The amount Cena’s earning is making his 2015 even more remarkable. While he could just sit around and collect his money, Cena instead decided to evolve into a top-tier wrestler, putting on classic matches all year. This is like Hulk Hogan joining the NWO and busting out top-rope hurricanranas just to put out a better product for the fans. But yeah, $10 million for Cena. Imagine how nice a wedding ring he’ll never get Nikki Bella would be.

Joke post/statement?:

Aiii

So not worth it
last year people were saying the same shit. "Roman is over with audiences. It is not a Batista situation. He won't get booed if he wins. No one is expecting Daniel Bryan to win.".

Are you sure that is what people were saying? I highly doubt people were saying this at all. I am in fact almost 100% that this is the exact opposite of what people were saying.

Heroman

Banned
"The amount Cena’s earning is making his 2015 even more remarkable. While he could just sit around and collect his money, Cena instead decided to evolve into a top-tier wrestler, putting on classic matches all year. This is like Hulk Hogan joining the NWO and busting out top-rope hurricanranas just to put out a better product for the fans. But yeah, $10 million for Cena. Imagine how nice a wedding ring he’ll never get Nikki Bella would be.

Joke post/statement?:

Cena was Wrestler of the year in 2015, he was out of this world.

Ithil

Are you sure that is what people were saying? I highly doubt people were saying this at all. I am in fact almost 100% that this is the exact opposite of what people were saying.

I saw lots of people say "Reigns won't be booed, they don't boo him on TV". Even industry people. Meanwhile you could see his ass getting booed out of the building coming from a mile away.

Menome

Lemme recommend somethin to ya:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1umg4_sting-vs-vader-starrcade-1992_sport

Sting vs Vader, Starrcade 92. Amazing. Top of their game, both of em. Great chemistry.

Thanks for the link, timed it just right to watch it with my dinner. Great match, and it shows the state of affairs these days that I was genuinely surprised by the first pin attempt not occurring until eight minutes into the video. I wouldn't call the action slow at all though, it was well thought-out and allowed both guys to show off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the link, timed it just right to watch it with my dinner. Great match, and it shows the state of affairs these days that I was genuinely surprised by the first pin attempt not occurring until eight minutes into the video. I wouldn't call the action slow at all though, it was well thought-out and allowed both guys to show off.

Glad you watched it - Surfer Sting is the best.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Roosh wants to shoot on Myz, Myzteziz should tell Rush about how all of his promos are him staring at the camera with his head titled to the side

mqdefault.webp

mqdefault.jpg

mqdefault.webp

mqdefault.webp

mqdefault.jpg

mqdefault.webp

fucking aj lee up in here

DMczaf

The biggest part of Rock's shoot is that he calls it Wrestlemania 32. Doesn't he know that makes it seem like Wrestlemania is old?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Roosh wants to shoot on Myz, Myzteziz should tell Rush about how all of his promos are him staring at the camera with his head titled to the side

fucking aj lee up in here

LOL, that's not bad.

Verendus

Banned
And most importantly, save your dough.
#PeoplesChamp4L #GetReadyDallas #WrestleMania32
So Rock is definitely having a match, right?

I'm guessing Haitch costs Reigns the title at Royal Rumble, and Barack becomes champion. Reigns beats Haitch with the help of The Rock at Fast Lane to earn another shot at the title. And we get Rock and Haitch as well as Reigns and Barack. Austin will be the special referee for one of these matches.

I cracked the code. Our main events of Wrasslin'Mania 32 baby girls.

Sid

So Rock is definitely having a match, right?

I'm guessing Haitch costs Reigns the title at Royal Rumble, and Barack becomes champion. Reigns beats Haitch with the help of The Rock at Fast Lane to earn another shot at the title. And we get Rock and Haitch as well as Reigns and Barack. Austin will be the special referee for one of these matches.

I cracked the code. Our main events of Wrasslin'Mania 32 baby girls.
Save_Us Verendus....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah hell, RIP Iron Mike Sharpe. Used to see him ALL the time growing up on the TV, not just WWF but in other smaller feds that I'd see.

Kornflayx

Goddamn I forgot how good the buildup for Taker vs. Kane at WM14 was. Taker returning after the Rumble was so hype. It was corny, but awesome.

With a modern spin, that was what the Wyatts should have been.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you all feel is a "gone too soon" wrestler that showed all the promise in the world, but life had other plans for them and they died before realizing their potential?

A lot of cases could be made for different Von Erichs, but for me I'd have to say I saw something in Larry Sweeney, and I think a lot of people who kept up with his work did as well. Runner up for Kerry Von Erich, I still feel he's the most talented of all those Von Erichs.

Jerm411

Who do you all feel is a "gone too soon" wrestler that showed all the promise in the world, but life had other plans for them and they died before realizing their potential?

A lot of cases could be made for different Von Erichs, but for me I'd have to say I saw something in Larry Sweeney, and I think a lot of people who kept up with his work did as well. Runner up for Kerry Von Erich, I still feel he's the most talented of all those Von Erichs.

Perro Aguayo Jr. or Kanyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom