• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
The rumble isn't this weekend, right? Because I'll be out of town. We have another week of build, yes?

EDIT: Fuck it's this weekend.
j7hqJ.jpg

Damn, I knew there was a flaw in my logic.

I just don't understand the line of thinking that says you have to save AJ for the Raw after the Rumble. He'll be more well know to that Rumble crowd than the Raw after. He doesn't have to win and I don't think anybody expects him to, but he can come in, get a good reaction, last a while, have a high profile elimination that sets up his Mania feud. This should be pretty easy booking.
I think we're being worked again but we have to wait and see. Introduce that man to a crowd that knows him, then the next night people turn in to see what he will be doing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We can just schedule the avatar rumble later, it's no big deal. Wash the taste of the Royal Rumble out of our mouths.

For two or three years it's been "Well, the Avatar Rumble was better than the actual Rumble" so maybe if we go against convention we can get a good Rumble.

Xater

We can just schedule the avatar rumble later, it's no big deal. Wash the taste of the Royal Rumble out of our mouths.

For two or three years it's been "Well, the Avatar Rumble was better than the actual Rumble" so maybe if we go against convention we can get a good Rumble.

Sounds good. When can we send you our entries?

Mahonay

Banned

Praying to the old gods and consulting with the shamans might give us a shot at a decent Rumble this year.

klonere

Banned
Anderson did a PG interview with Finn last year on their podcast and it went perfectly fine.

He'll be fine, if not as compelling on the mic.

Hex

Banned
Why should anyone care about AJ Styles in the Royal Rumble

Hexed booking....
Countdown hits, AAAAAA JAAAY STYYYYYYLES...

Hits the ring with a springboard off of the ropes, gets in the mix.
Time goes on...people get eliminated...Sheamus is working Reigns along with some others, Styles mixes it up with Sheamus they throw down back and forth for a bit and Styles eliminates Sheamus.
Sheamus is heated.
Styles most likely gets tossed soon after by someone...Hopefully Brock, probably Big Slow....

Neeeeext Night on RAW....
Sheamus wants revenge...start the build up of the program...
Sheamus has back up.....AJ doesn't.....yet

lupin23rd

Is Sting still alive?

I'm thinking HHH enters the rumble at 29, tosses out Roman and the the rest of the trash, and then while gloating as 30 counts down, lights go dark and Sting at 30. HHH is bewildered and gets quickly tossed out and Sting wins.

HHH wins the title at Fastlane which sets up Roman vs. HHH at Mania. Sting can go into the HoF with a title.

Menome

Is Sting still alive?

I'm thinking HHH enters the rumble at 29, tosses out Roman and the the rest of the trash, and then while gloating as 30 counts down, lights go dark and Sting at 30. HHH is bewildered and gets quickly tossed out and Sting wins.

HHH wins the title at Fastlane which sets up Roman vs. HHH at Mania. Sting can go into the HoF with a title.

I'd be surprised to see Sting ever wrestle again from the sounds of his injury. He legitimately came close to paralysing himself in that Rollins match.

Today is Big Dave's 47th birthday! Couldn't happen to a better dude. Love that man.
Fave Five Batista moments

1. The classic heel turn on Rey at Bragging Rights 2009
2. His match with Taker at WM23 being one of the secret best mania matches
3. Being infinitely quotable with memorable promos for better and for worse (choosing just one is impossible)
4. The early days of his machine gun taunt where he looked like he was performing a little jig (see WM21, also that classic Batista theme)
5. Dream's personal favourite, Bluetista (such noteworthy attire that it got turned into an action figure for the kiddies)

I would finally go and buy this if I could have such an edition.

Hang on, is Cena holding the Monado up there? lI doubt he needs to see the future to overcome the odds!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

3. Being infinitely quotable with memorable promos for better and for worse (choosing just one is impossible)
4. The early days of his machine gun taunt where he looked like he was performing a little jig (see WM21, also that classic Batista theme)
5. Dream's personal favourite, Bluetista (such noteworthy attire that it got turned into an action figure for the kiddies)

#2 and #1 are mirrored with my picks, even #3. He's been nothing short of a delight in everything. His entire first final heel run w/Cena was just wonderful. His retirement was the perfect bookend to it all as well.

Gurrry

So i decided to throw on last years wrestlemania while I did some work, and it got to the final match.

I still think Brock vs Roman is the best match ive ever seen. Brock beat the living shit out of Roman, which is what everyone wanted to see happen. It was the first time in awhile I had seen blood in a match (and holy fuck there was a lot of it. still not sure brock bladed on that pole to the head). And to top it off, the finish was so bad ass. Brock has Seth on his shoulders ready for an F5, Roman spears Brock with Seth on his shoulders, he throws Seth who seemingly lands on his feet, then curb stomps Roman after recovering from the spear.

I wouldnt mind seeing a Brock vs Roman rematch at this years WM if thats what we end up getting. Roman can take a fucking beating and we all know Brock can deliver it.

I would finally go and buy this if I could have such an edition.

Hang on, is Cena holding the Monado up there? lI doubt he needs to see the future to overcome the odds!
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!

DMczaf

Rock shootin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAf4WXcIh28/

1998 (Attitude Era) was a supremely special time for us - as a roster we were setting "box office" records every night, in every city, in every arena we played. We (and the company) were all making great money and having a blast nightly living on the road. WWE also wasn't a publicly traded company at that time, which inherently meant we were all a bit crazier and a lot f*cking rowdier back then - including the fans 👍🏾😉. As an OG of the wrestling business it's very cool to see where the WWE has evolved to and more interesting to me - is where it eventually goes. Over the years when I was wrestling full time, I'd always talk w/ Vince McMahon about our goals. The big goals he had for the company and my #1 goal - which was to grab that WWE Title aka "the brass ring" and take it places it's never been. Or will ever go again. We accomplished that and so much more. Here's the best part about the WWE today - that "brass ring" is ALWAYS up for grabs to anyone in that locker room who has the balls and smarts to take it and run and most importantly prove to the company that they can draw more money better than everyone on the roster.
There's some very talented dudes and chicks on the #WWE & #NXT rosters. As a faithful fan of the wrestling business I'm fired up to see who's gonna emerge, grab that "brass ring" and become the leaders of a new era.
Be relentless, get after that brass ring, have a blast and kayfabe the baby oil. And most importantly, save your dough.
#PeoplesChamp4L #GetReadyDallas #WrestleMania32 💯👊🏾

Verendus

Banned
So i decided to throw on last years wrestlemania while I did some work, and it got to the final match.

I still think Brock vs Roman is the best match ive ever seen. Brock beat the living shit out of Roman, which is what everyone wanted to see happen. It was the first time in awhile I had seen blood in a match (and holy fuck there was a lot of it. still not sure brock bladed on that pole to the head). And to top it off, the finish was so bad ass. Brock has Seth on his shoulders ready for an F5, Roman spears Brock with Seth on his shoulders, he throws Seth who seemingly lands on his feet, then curb stomps Roman after recovering from the spear.

I wouldnt mind seeing a Brock vs Roman rematch at this years WM if thats what we end up getting. Roman can take a fucking beating and we all know Brock can deliver it.
Shower that match with love. We're merely two months away from Barack vs. Reigns Version 2.0. It's going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom