• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who do you all feel is a "gone too soon" wrestler that showed all the promise in the world, but life had other plans for them and they died before realizing their potential?

A lot of cases could be made for different Von Erichs, but for me I'd have to say I saw something in Larry Sweeney, and I think a lot of people who kept up with his work did as well. Runner up for Kerry Von Erich, I still feel he's the most talented of all those Von Erichs.

David Von Erich and Art Barr
Brian Pillman was on the verge of breaking the fuck out. :(

Breaking out of his cast for being constantly injured is more like it

Hex

Banned
http://411mania.com/wrestling/iron-mike-sharpe-passes-away/

RIP long time job squad member of the 80's and 90's Iron Mike Sharpe

tumblr_n6dog6FOSm1sj4xr4o1_500.png

Damn, Sharpe and Barry Horowitz were like the icons of jobbers along with the Brawler.

Aiii

So not worth it
Really?

Ahead of Seth?
Ziggler?
Rusev?
Nikki Bella
Orton
Shaemus?
The guy who sells merchandise at the stands?
The parking attendant?

All those people for sure. Ahead of some of the LU and New Japan guys? No. But in WWE, for sure.

Also Ziggler was your second pick lol lol lol.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
"The amount Cena’s earning is making his 2015 even more remarkable. While he could just sit around and collect his money, Cena instead decided to evolve into a top-tier wrestler, putting on classic matches all year. This is like Hulk Hogan joining the NWO and busting out top-rope hurricanranas just to put out a better product for the fans. But yeah, $10 million for Cena. Imagine how nice a wedding ring he’ll never get Nikki Bella would be.

Joke post/statement?:
Cena really doesn't get enough credit. 2015 was a fantastic year for him. If you come up with a list of the top WWE matches of 2015 I guarantee you that Cena matches will dominate the list. For a long time the US Open Challenge was the thing to look forward to on Raw every week. I think Cena is a top performer that doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Who do you all feel is a "gone too soon" wrestler that showed all the promise in the world, but life had other plans for them and they died before realizing their potential?

A lot of cases could be made for different Von Erichs, but for me I'd have to say I saw something in Larry Sweeney, and I think a lot of people who kept up with his work did as well. Runner up for Kerry Von Erich, I still feel he's the most talented of all those Von Erichs.
I could easily say wrestlers like Eddie, Benoit, Bam Bam, Pillman, and a few others but they got to live almost or into their 40s.

2 that really stand out to me are

Lance Cade
Art Barr

I would love to say Test bit,but idk if he wanted to wresle much longer going by Kelly Kelly's note.

Brian Pillman was on the verge of breaking the fuck out. :(
After the feud with Goldust, it would've been nice to see what they would've done with him. I'd imagine he and Austin would've went at each other a few times, which is something early wcw viewers were waiting for, again.

shaowebb

"The amount Cena’s earning is making his 2015 even more remarkable. While he could just sit around and collect his money, Cena instead decided to evolve into a top-tier wrestler, putting on classic matches all year. This is like Hulk Hogan joining the NWO and busting out top-rope hurricanranas just to put out a better product for the fans. But yeah, $10 million for Cena. Imagine how nice a wedding ring he’ll never get Nikki Bella would be.

Joke post/statement?:

Wait what? When did Hogan ever do a Hurricanrana? If anyone has a link to it I would love to see it, because I've never heard nor found this thing online.

In return here is footage of Big Show doing a dropkick

Colocho

Banned

Owen Hart.

klonere

Banned
GHC Heavyweight Title Match
KENTA (c) vs Naoimichi Marufuji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJxxy6475Y

So I haven't watched a lot of KENTA pre NXT, which clearly means I've missed a lot seeing as late 2000s indies were full of dudes just worshiping the man. While he was definitely building up in NXT, his unfortunate
booking at WM which was hilariously fucking awful
injury stopped his progress, he still never really felt like a blowaway talent.

This match holy shit. KENTA is the fucking man. He strides around the ring like a killer, like a complete star. His offence is vicious. His selling is great. The crowd absolutely adore the man. The finishing sequence is incredible. His huge high spot could have killed Marufuji. Speaking of Maru, he is, like a lot of his matches, just kinda there a lot. He is definitely more animated than I'm used to seeing - maybe that's his chemistry with KENTA. But it still feels like the dude just doesn't have that final gear that a true ace needs.

Anyway watching the match. I do question why exactly HHH wanted to go after Hideo if the long term plan for him was the main roster. KENTA thrives off this oozing confidence, the aura of a badass with brutal offence. That's what the match above really got across to me anyway. He felt like a huge deal. But in WWE his size completely handicaps him because they are creatively bankrupt and can't book a smaller guy to look seriously threatening (hi Neville). He's never going to be able to have that oozing confidence of the main star of a promotion because he's more than likely never going to be put in any sort of position to express that confidence. His offence....well we saw it in NXT. It was toned down from the violence of his NOAH days. You just can't hit that hard against the majority of the roster week in week out. So why sign the man? You have to curtail the majority of his strong points and the nature of the WWE beast means you are going to actively highlight his weaknesses.

Anth0ny

So Rock is definitely having a match, right?

I'm guessing Haitch costs Reigns the title at Royal Rumble, and Barack becomes champion. Reigns beats Haitch with the help of The Rock at Fast Lane to earn another shot at the title. And we get Rock and Haitch as well as Reigns and Barack. Austin will be the special referee for one of these matches.

I cracked the code. Our main events of Wrasslin'Mania 32 baby girls.

Reigns vs. HHH (With Vince in his corner) and Austin as the special enforcer.

At some point in the night, Austin stuns Vince to the loudest reaction of the show. Reigns wins. Austin raises the hand of Roman and the two drink beer together.

awww hell son, calling the audible gimmick

STUNNER ON REIGNS CAUSE WHY NOT

OHHHH HELLLL YEAH

YOU TRASH

At some point in the night, Austin stuns Vince to the loudest reaction of the show. Reigns wins. Austin raises the hand of Roman and the two drink beer together.

OHHHH HELLLL YEAH

YOU TRASH

How long before Vince has a story where Reigns drives something into the ring? Probably make him drive a root beer truck or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, the Dungeon of Doom fucking with Luger and making it seem like he was going heel only just to fuck with him more was done exceptionally well.

Anth0ny

How long before Vince has a story where Reigns drives something into the ring? Probably make him drive a root beer truck or something.

"Oh my God, Byron! Is that double you double you e world heavy weight champion Roman Reigns driving a Coca Cola truck towards the ring? The double you double you e universe is going wild!"

"They're having fun maggle!"

"I know 'Things Go Better With Coke' but does double you double you e chairman Mr. McMahon agree?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF doesn't have legit draws anymore.

Time for sunny to call in the part timers

Where is Laserfrog? Surely he's working on wrestling stuff, right?
0jEq7us.png

He's not doing anything important. Hotshot him to the top.

"Oh my God, Byron! Is that double you double you e world heavy weight champion Roman Reigns driving a Coca Cola truck towards the ring? The double you double you e universe is going wild!"

"They're having fun maggle!"

"I know 'Things Go Better With Coke' but does double you double you e chairman Mr. McMahon agree?"

I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MUCH COKE SINCE RANDY SAVAGE SNEEZED WHILE CUTTING A PROMO!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good choice.

However, getting Stro back would be like Warrior coming back in 1996.

It's only going to end badly

That's basically what his last ride here was. He came back from a downgraded perma and went HAM like an hour after coming back.

Mahonay

Banned

OHHHH HELLLL YEAH

YOU TRASH
I'm definitely buying the YOU TRASH shirt when Lapsed Fan puts them out.

Skipped from Rumble 94 to King of the Ring 96, now on Summerslam 96. About to see the first Boiler Room match.

I forgot how good the Mankind/Taker feud was. Definitely legendary IMO.

Mahonay

Banned
I used Stridex pads when I was like 13 and I remember them burning the fuck out of my face.
Skipped from Rumble 94 to King of the Ring 96, now on Summerslam 96. About to see the first Boiler Room match.

I forgot how good the Mankind/Taker feud was. Definitely legendary IMO.
I started watching wrestling regularly during that feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom