• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skipped from Rumble 94 to King of the Ring 96, now on Summerslam 96. About to see the first Boiler Room match.

I forgot how good the Mankind/Taker feud was. Definitely legendary IMO.
Mankind made thr top stars even better because he forced them to come out of their comfort zone. Taker was talented and mobile but when he got opponents like Bret, Goldust, and Mankind in 96 he really started becoming himself.

Pretty boy HBK just seen as that but his match at mind games really showed you they he could get dirty. Even dirtier than the ladder matches.

I used Stridex pads when I was like 13 and I remember them burning the fuck out of my face.
They made my face feel so good. And dry!

shaowebb

I'm looking fit this myself. Most people are saying that he took a hurricanrana from Kidman but other than that, nothing.
Found him taking one in Hulk Hogan vs Billy Kidman at Slamboree. Its was at 4:55 second. Not a top roper. Hell Hogan didn't even powerbomb lift little Kidman. It was a counter to Hogan chargin him in the corner. Not exactly riveting stuff.

Al Snow was in the Rockers? LOL

I guess he came over with the Smoky Mountain buyout
Yeah first he was the Avatar which was a damn Samurai Power Ranger

Then he became Leif Cassidy which was an obsessed Rockers Fan who became a Rocker. He was weird. Then he left to go to ECW, then back with the WWE.

Been out of the loop a bit, with all the injuries who is going to carry....er....wrestle the Undertaker this year at Wrestlemania??
The world may never know
Found him taking one in Hulk Hogan vs Billy Kidman at Slamboree. Its was at 4:55 second. Not a top roper. Hell Hogan didn't even powerbomb lift little Kidman. It was a counter to Hogan chargin him in the corner. Not exactly riveting stuff.
Yeah that may be a myth and nothing more. Especially top rope.

tm24

If Roosh wants to shoot on Myz, Myzteziz should tell Rush about how all of his promos are him staring at the camera with his head titled to the side

mqdefault.webp

mqdefault.jpg

mqdefault.webp

mqdefault.webp

mqdefault.jpg

mqdefault.webp

fucking aj lee up in here
Iono him pantomiming a promo after the mic stopped working after beating the shit out of caristico was great

UberTag

last year people were saying the same shit. "Roman is over with audiences. It is not a Batista situation. He won't get booed if he wins. No one is expecting Daniel Bryan to win."

The Rumble crowd is all hardcore fans that travel to the event at this point. Reigns will be shit on and AJ would get a massive reaction if he debuts on Sunday.

At the very least, HHH eliminating Reigns will get massive cheers.
Smart crowds need to pick up on the WWE's tricks about how they'll overdub their reaction with boos or applause and get even smarter. In addition to the uproar when Triple H eliminates Roman Reigns, they need to visibly look thrilled. Hold up "Thank You Hunter" signs. Sport giant smiles. Start bowing en masse to The Game. At least force Production to zoom in on the frowny kid faces who don't know any better and create the next Miz Girl.

Been out of the loop a bit, with all the injuries who is going to carry....er....wrestle the Undertaker this year at Wrestlemania??
Hopefully some combination of the Balor Club / AJ Styles.
More realistically? Alberto Del Rio or Kane... or Cena comes back from injury recovery early.

Smart crowds need to pick up on the WWE's tricks about how they'll overdub their reaction with boos or applause and get even smarter. In addition to the uproar when Triple H eliminates Roman Reigns, they need to visibly look thrilled. Hold up "Thank You Hunter" signs. Sport giant smiles. Start bowing en masse to The Game. At least force Production to zoom in on the frowny kid faces who don't know any better and create the next Miz Girl.

Is this part of the problem right now? At times I feel like the crowd is trying to be an ECW crowd, but it comes off douchey. But the thing with ECW was they knew how to play to the crowd and the crowd felt very natural. Now someone goes through a table, an everyday occurrence in this age for WWE, and people instantly go into "HOLY SHIT" chants or something.

Basically, are the fans also contributing to product feeling like shit.

klonere

Banned
Is this part of the problem right now? At times I feel like the crowd is trying to be an ECW crowd, but it comes off douchey. But the thing with ECW was they knew how to play to the crowd and the crowd felt very natural. Now someone goes through a table, an everyday occurrence in this age for WWE, and people instantly go into "HOLY SHIT" chants or something.

Well fans of the main roster stuff just don't care about a huge portion of the roster and thus are deathly quiet during most of the show.

And you can't really blame them for that.

Menome

Any royal rumble pools? Im in if there is one

I'm in the Videogamer one. Assigned to #4. That's not a good number to have. Surely nobody interesting is going to come out at #4.

Watch as Damien Sandow comes out to this number and this post is quoted at me for the rest of the year.

UberTag

TV taping fans most assuredly are. My suggestion was tailored more towards the hardcore Rumble crowd.

Wrestling audiences, by and large, are as bad as the (non-Smackdown) commentating these days.
(And, as klonere noted, this is reflective of the overall quality of the show.)

TV taping fans most assuredly are. My suggestion was tailored more towards the hardcore Rumble crowd.

Wrestling audiences, by and large, are as bad as the (non-Smackdown) commentating these days.
(And, as klonere noted, this is reflective of the overall quality of the show.)

The product was pretty bad in the mid 90s but the crowd still always felt into it and weren't trying to show their disgust with "this is boring" chants

tj hazuki

I'm in the Videogamer one. Assigned to #4. That's not a good number to have. Surely nobody interesting is going to come out at #4.

Watch as Damien Sandow comes out to this number and this post is quoted at me for the rest of the year.
So no more spots I assume? I'm only in one but thats in another forum; was hoping theres room for NeoGAF's pool.

oddjobs

watching RR 2011 and I forgot that Punk / Bryan started. Shame they never really got to do stuff together in any meaningful way :(
then theres a short spot where it's Regal in there with them, so good.

it's also painfully clear how stagnant WWE is now. it's 5 years from that and they haven't made many new stars since. Shield is a gimme, but Owens, Bray & Rusev haven't been protected enough.

edit: also, Striker is a lot better on commentary than I remembered

Heroman

Banned
watching RR 2011 and I forgot that Punk / Bryan started. Shame they never really got to do stuff together in any meaningful way :(
then theres a short spot where it's Regal in there with them, so good.

it's also painfully clear how stagnant WWE is now. it's 5 years from that and they haven't made many new stars since. Shield is a gimme, but Owens, Bray & Rusev haven't been protected enough.

edit: also, Striker is a lot better on commentary than I remembered

It seems like vince has forgotten how to make superstars.

That...doesn't help. He's been behind Reigns for over a year now and he's gone from heavy boos to "not booed as much anymore"

I'm not saying he is pushing the right guy, because he isn't. He is doing everything in his power to protect Reigns and give him a proper push though. Something that can't be said for anyone since Cena. If it was a wrestler that fans truly cared about, this push would have worked wonders already and gotten someone super over. Vince's problem is not listening to fans about who to push.

DMczaf

Punk/Rock is still the best thing we got out of Rock's return.

He could have done so much more other than put Cena over for almost 3 years :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom