• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Great, I'm back on my "I miss Punk" kick. Time to watch some Punk on WWE Network.

I think I'll watch some Punk/Bryan

giphy.gif

DMczaf

Oh yeah.

I have a friend here in Vegas who just got into wrestling over the last year (I don't know why....) and now he's doing some wrestling schools.

One of his trainers?

Disco. Fucking. Inferno.

somedevil

Listening to Meltzer on the Law. He gave some new Bryan news. Basically the WWE has froze his contract. So if he ever comes back they get him for all the time he has missed. Basically he is in the Rey Mysterio limbo right now.

He makes money but not close to what he could earn if he was wrestling. He been cleared by multiple doctors. So as of now he is in limbo and the only way out is to get cleared or ask for his release if they won't ever clear him.

Listening to Meltzer on the Law. He gave some new Bryan news. Basically the WWE has froze his contract. So if he ever comes back they get him for all the time he has missed. Basically he is in the Rey Mysterio limbo right now.

He makes money but not close to what he could earn if he was wrestling. He been cleared by multiple doctors. So as of now he is in limbo and the only way out is to get cleared or ask for his release if they won't ever clear him.

WWE has frozen Bryan's contract until after Roman Reigns retires.

Fox318

Oh yeah.

I have a friend here in Vegas who just got into wrestling over the last year (I don't know why....) and now he's doing some wrestling schools.

One of his trainers?

Disco. Fucking. Inferno.

He lives near Floyd apparently.

I remember hearing about how he would complain because Floyd would go running with a huge crew near his house.

notworksafe

Who do you all feel is a "gone too soon" wrestler that showed all the promise in the world, but life had other plans for them and they died before realizing their potential?

A lot of cases could be made for different Von Erichs, but for me I'd have to say I saw something in Larry Sweeney, and I think a lot of people who kept up with his work did as well. Runner up for Kerry Von Erich, I still feel he's the most talented of all those Von Erichs.

Perro Aguayo Jr. for sure. If he made it on to Lucha Underground, he would have exploded in a big way.

Menome

Just watched the Jan 4th 1999 RAW where Mankind got the WHC belt. The difference in the lead-up to that year's Rumble is off the charts. Heck, it's one of the best RAWs I've seen so far.

Then I look at the build-up we've got this year and...fuck me. I'm still slightly excited to be watching the Rumble, especially as I'll be able to do so live, but it feels like we've waded through mud to get there this month rather than started off with a rocket-boost.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Great, I'm back on my "I miss Punk" kick. Time to watch some Punk on WWE Network.

I think I'll watch some Punk/Bryan

giphy.gif
I miss Punk too. I still hold out hope that one day Punk will realise he misses it and comes back.

Hell, even if he doesn't wrestle I'd love for Punk to come back just to be on commentary. That period where Punk was on commentary was gold.

ya know watching some old raws and i gotta say Goldust is by far one of the best gimmicks wwe has ever created and i dont think anyone could have pulled it off other than Dustin.

Here's some GIFs of Harley Race being solid as fuck;

ak7GBZZ.gif

NskjLwe.gif

ZvB9uGN.gif

Goddamn perfect elbow drop;

3KiVjof.gif

And here's one of him hitting a slingshot sunset flip like this match didn't take place in 1984, because Harley's versatile like that;

FBSbMRf.gif

I miss Punk too. I still hold out hope that one day Punk will realise he misses it and comes back.

Hell, even if he doesn't wrestle I'd love for Punk to come back just to be on commentary. That period where Punk was on commentary was gold.

He's too damn old. And he'll be crippled by training before he even has his first fight.

Was watching the past three years Royal Rumble fiascos. Hey, remember that night when the crowd was chanting "Roman Reigns" and they gave the win to Batista? Lol

Foffy

Banned

If he comes back, will he go back to WWE? Even Batista hated his return because he had to deal with Vince's yes men.

I think he's probably wrestle with his friends, so that leaves many options besides WWE. New Japan and Ring of Honor being two of them.

Penguin

But... in this case it seems like the wrestler wants to perform, its the WWE that won't allow him

Where Rey was just injured or milknig it or w/e

ya know watching some old raws and i gotta say Goldust is by far one of the best gimmicks wwe has ever created and i dont think anyone could have pulled it off other than Dustin.
The best part is Dustin just wasn't too sure how to sell it, you can thank Savio for allowing him to unleash himself fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom