• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PWInsider.com is reporting Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view is considered to be “all hands on deck” with every talent being backstage in case they’re needed, barring an injury.
Everyone pulling doubles.

It should be noted, however, that Big E shares his secret in a violent way.
LLlUFHP.jpg

Man, even though I agree that what Josh said about social outcasts was fucking stupid and disrespectful I just can't respect the rest of these guys throwing lame ass hissy fits on twitter over it. Hash that shit out backstage man to man.
Goddamn millenials

Now the social outcasts themselves seem to be reacting to it in character so mostly I'm fine with them.

Man, even though I agree that what Josh said about social outcasts was fucking stupid and disrespectful I just can't respect the rest of these guys throwing lame ass hissy fits on twitter over it. Hash that shit out backstage man to man.
Goddamn millenials

Now the social outcasts themselves seem to be reacting to it in character so mostly I'm fine with them.

Josh is just a douchebag. Truly white Roman Reigns. His chewbacca thing is dumb as shit and he thinks he can build a character around that too.

UberTag

mauro ranallo isn't going to save this show.

There is no reason at all to watch smackdown.
Here's a tip... there is no reason at all to watch the Royal Rumble.

PWInsider.com is reporting Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view is considered to be “all hands on deck” with every talent being backstage in case they’re needed, barring an injury.
This just seems to be a giant rib on Daniel Bryan.
"Hey, Bryan... you're cleared. We want you out there in the Rumble."
<troll him while they send out Josh the Tough Enough winner, Tommy Dreamer the Concussion Magnet, The Great Khali who can't even walk and Jimmy Snuka the murderer>
"Whoops, I guess we don't need you anyhow. Oh, by the way, you're not cleared. Maroon saw something on your X-Ray and changed his mind. Go eat some broccoli and post about it on Instagram, you dweeb."

Just got to the end of the match in the thread. Hoo boy. I think if this Rumble sucks, we'll actually see people stop getting excited about the Rumble even by the day of it

New network, new announcer, yet they continue to do nothing booking wise to get anybody to give a shit about Smackdown

That's why two separate titles and the brand split ruled because SD wasn't copy pasta. It was its own thing. They've gotta fix this shit because the big guys aren't going to stand for the terrible ratings.

Occasionally they try and do things on Raw, it's just they they fail most of the time.

Well I guess usually you get the first match of the 50/50 booking in feuds on Raw. You also get to see how they try to make Roman look dominant and see how they can find new wrestlers for Stephanie to exert her power and dominance over.

That's old school. If Hot Rod could do it, anyone could.
They should have Mick come and do the 4 faces of Foley for the rumble
Momma WrassleGAF, DaddyWrassleGAF, why are the bad guys and the good guys together? I thought my hero Roman Reigns was one vs all? why does he have all these friends and why are the baddies hanging out with him?
What? Son, you're seeing things. Go to bed.

jred2k

Many events will be pointed to as Reigns taking over the top guy mantle, but him MC-ing a post-taping birthday celebration definitively shows he has taken over for Cena.

Lana was really getting in to that. Rusev needs to watch his back. R-Truth has pretended to be Ziggler before and he'll do it again if given the opportunity.

UberTag

I love the idea of bumping last years thread.

Possibly the most salt ever contained in a neogaf thread.
Bumping last year's thread and simply striking through the year and replacing it with 2016 is, by far, the best idea.

This year's Rumble doesn't deserve its own thread.

If you truly think Roman is winning then I am interested in making a high stakes bet with you. Please note that as an Observer subscriber I am much better informed than you and know he isn't winning.

Oersted

If the creative team has learned anything(I know, big if), than they should have noticed that Roman getting screwed gets him over, while others getting blatantly screwed for him(especially by proxy), gets him booed.

UberTag

If the creative team has learned anything(I know, big if), than they should have noticed that Roman getting screwed gets him over, while others getting blatantly screwed for him(especially by proxy), gets him booed.
As dim as they are, they have at least picked up on this little detail.

KingBroly

Banned
Here's a better written segment for Raw's lottery pull:

Vince: "tonight, we're announcing who will be the first entrant into the ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH!"

Steph: "you tell em, daddy, yay!" *Claps

Vince: "We have this wheel here, now let's just...uh...get the hell out my way, you stupid wheel!" *Kicks wheel over

*Steph looks aghast

Vince: "The number 1 entrant is ROMAN REIGNS! Because of course he is. We make the rules. No one else. He's got no chance. IN. HELL!!!!!!"

]] Scene [[

Gets to the point, both in character, everyone moves on with their lives because we got the obvious out of the way in 30 seconds.

tm24

Damnit, Dalton Castle is gonna be at Bowie for his PWG debut. But tickets are getting expensive and i cant justify a single day event right now

Kaladin

I've got to admit, if there was ever a bullshit ban, that was a bullshit ban. At least check the community thread before pulling the trigger to see why it happened? Come on guys.

Oersted

I've got to admit, if there was ever a bullshit ban, that was a bullshit ban. At least check the community thread before pulling the trigger to see why it happened? Come on guys.

To be fair, suggesting the bump was the by far better joke than actually doing it. Went from snarky to bitter.

Here's a better written segment for Raw's lottery pull:

Vince: "tonight, we're announcing who will be the first entrant into the ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH!"

Steph: "you tell em, daddy, yay!" *Claps

Vince: "We have this wheel here, now let's just...uh...get the hell out my way, you stupid wheel!" *Kicks wheel over

*Steph looks aghast

Vince: "The number 1 entrant is ROMAN REIGNS! Because of course he is. We make the rules. No one else. He's got no chance. IN. HELL!!!!!!"

]] Scene [[

Gets to the point, both in character, everyone moves on with their lives because we got the obvious out of the way in 30 seconds.

I would've made him number two just to troll people for a second into believing it was legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom