• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
It has always been weird how #1 is treated like this super special position and #2 is just kind of there, as if it's not the same exact thing.

Menome

It has always been weird how #1 is treated like this super special position and #2 is just kind of there, as if it's not the same exact thing.

#4 is where the action needs to be at. Come on Brock, let Reigns get a couple of easy throw-overs, he'll look cocky as hell, then your music hits.

I've got a free game riding on this, Brock. Don't let me down.

Foffy

Banned
R Truth is old as fuck and he actually has gotten younger looking in recent years. Dude is gonna be the next Kane in terms of lasting power.

It's amazing that some people in their 40s look like relics in the ring, but R-Truth still has the same ring capability he's had more than a decade ago.

kiguel182

With all the focus on Reigns and Lesnar I totally forgot about the NJPW guys that are probably debuting in the Rumble.

My interest for the Rumble now exists I guess. Even if I have zero hope for the WWE knowing how to handle them.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/highstakes2016/152289028

RevPro's show from Saturday is up on VOD now. Here's a shot of the crowd they crammed in on Saturday (spot the WrassleGAFfers, at least me and Boots are in there.)
12484868_863609947070404_1776496387798201798_o.jpg
Styles vs Sabre Jr main event, and the Scurll vs Ospreay match is worth the price alone.

Aiii

So not worth it
With all the focus on Reigns and Lesnar I totally forgot about the NJPW guys that are probably debuting in the Rumble.

My interest for the Rumble now exists I guess. Even if I have zero hope for the WWE knowing how to handle them.

Yeah, AJ might debut, perhaps Finn but unlikely, the others are not debuting this Sunday.

Foffy

Banned

AJ Styles might be there.

Finn would be a weird question mark. I assume he's getting paired with Guns and Gallows.

Guns and Gallows are in New Japan until the end of February.

Shinsuke Nakamura leaves New Japan at the end of January.

They're going to give Styles a directly single push. It would be weird to see him in Balor Club, what with two dudes who beat him up not even three weeks ago. :p

Menome

Hmm...so HHH is 4/5 odds to win. If I bet £20, I get £36 back, thereby solving my problem with The Witness being about £10 more than expected.

If WWE pulls a counter-swerve though, I then can't afford The Witness until March but then again, I can't afford that extra £10 until March anyway...

Hmmm....

UberTag

What's up with the Titus O'Neal push? Did he win a price?

I actually liked him as a heel, he had a cool theme ...
Is getting booked in endless singles matches against Stardust and winning all of them instead of sharing the load 50/50 considered "a push" now?

So.... the only 2 outcomes of the rumble I can see are RomanWinsLOL or Triple H wims and sets up a feud from here till mania.

Maybe someone helps triple H win and Roman will fight that guy at Fastlane and then HHH at mania?

If its not one of those two guys then who else? I just dont see anyone else.

T_Exige

Is getting booked in endless singles matches against Stardust and winning all of them instead of sharing the load 50/50 considered "a push" now?

Winning 1 match in WWE can be considered a push in my opninion, no serious didn't the Prime Time Players dissapear from tv after their tag title loss?

"Titus O'Neal as a heel had booty talk volume 50 theme music."
Is that just behind Big E his NXT theme from volume 49?

Foffy

Banned
Winning 1 match in WWE can be considered a push in my opninion, no serious didn't the Prime Time Players dissapear from tv after their tag titel loss?

Darren got injured, IIRC. That's why they vanished.

Jeez, now that I think about it, who's under contract with WWE that's injured to the point they're out of action?

1. Daniel Bryan
  2. Tyson Kidd
  3. Cesaro
  4. Sin Cara
  5. Darren Young
  6. King Barrett
  7. Hideo Itami
  8. Seth Rollins
  9. John Cena
  10. Randy Orton

I have to be missing more, here..

Winning 1 match in WWE can be considered a push in my opninion, no serious didn't the Prime Time Players dissapear from tv after their tag title loss?

I need 5 was obviously from......... 5

UberTag

So.... the only 2 outcomes of the rumble I can see are RomanWinsLOL or Triple H wims and sets up a feud from here till mania.

Maybe someone helps triple H win and Roman will fight that guy at Fastlane and then HHH at mania?

Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. There is no one else. Not even Brock.

Jeez, now that I think about it, who's under contract with WWE that's injured to the point they're out of action?

1. Daniel Bryan
  2. Tyson Kidd
  3. Cesaro
  4. Sin Cara
  5. Darren Young
  6. King Barrett
  7. Hideo Itami
  8. Seth Rollins
  9. John Cena
  10. Randy Orton
I have to be missing more, here..
Sasha Banks

kiguel182

Yeah, AJ might debut, perhaps Finn but unlikely, the others are not debuting this Sunday.

AJ Styles might be there.

Finn would be a weird question mark. I assume he's getting paired with Guns and Gallows.

Guns and Gallows are in New Japan until the end of February.

Shinsuke Nakamura leaves New Japan at the end of January.

They're going to give Styles a directly single push. It would be weird to see him in Balor Club, what with two dudes who beat him up not even three weeks ago. :p

So only Styles? Well, that will be something interesting to see at least.

Hopefully they have some cool program for him going into Mania and he isn't just there for a Rumble spot.

If they plan to bring the "Balor" Club then they will probably debut all at the same time. Makes more sense I'm guessing.

Foffy

Banned
So only Styles? Well, that will be something interesting to see at least.

Hopefully they have some cool program for him going into Mania and he isn't just there for a Rumble spot.

If they plan to bring the "Balor" Club then they will probably debut all at the same time. Makes more sense I'm guessing.

They might try to run with the OG Balor Club. Styles joined after Balor left, but Guns and Gallows was a thing with Finn leading the group.

It does make me wonder what's going to happen with Bullet Club. Might the name be changed so it doesn't look like an interpromotional stable, ala Los Ingobernables?

Chopper

These guys don't need the belt for their feud. The optimist in me says that Bryan returns and is eliminated by Brock. There's your mania title match.

kiguel182

They might try to run with the OG Balor Club. Styles joined after Balor left, but Guns and Gallows was a thing with Finn leading the group.

It does make me wonder what's going to happen with Bullet Club. Might the name be changed so it doesn't look like an interpromotional stable, ala Los Ingobernables?

They have been pushing the Balor Club merch on NXT so I'm guessing they will do Finn/Guns/Gallows.

They will probably do something similar to The Shield if I'm guessing, only face. I don't think HHH wants Finn as a heel. But Finn is short so I don't see Vince getting behind him. I don't really know.

Also, HHH is the only guy they have to put over new guys right now. He is the only credible heel in that company. Such a sad state of affairs.

Aiii

So not worth it
These guys don't need the belt for their feud. The optimist in me says that Bryan returns and is eliminated by Brock. There's your mania title match.

So in this scenario, the guy that they're very reluctant to clear due to having one to many concussions, is going to Mania to fight the stiffest guy in the roster that only two years ago gave Taker one in only a few minutes time?

Yeah, not going to happen.

kiguel182

They don't but Reigns is the guy now. Either he wins and post Rumble HHH returns or HHH returns and screws Reigns and wins the title.

Reigns is main-eventing Mania and I would be very surprised if that doesn't happen.

Chopper

So in this scenario, the guy that they're very reluctant to clear due to having one to many concussions, is going to Mania to fight the stiffest guy in the roster that only two years ago gave Taker one in only a few minutes time?

Yeah, not going to happen.
Like I said, it's a very optimistic prediction. I like to think that the reason we know so little about Bryan's condition is that they've been covering up the fact that he's fully recovered. Imagine the pop! And the heat Lesnar would get for eliminating him. Even if was his last match, it would be incredible. And great business.

But yeah, you're right. HHH will win.

kiguel182

Also, making Wyatt lose three Manias in a row is hilarious given he is supposed to be this monster.

If they had put him over on the last two Manias we would actually have a decent heel. Right now he really is a scrub with a cool entrance.

It's the typical WWE that tells and doesn't show. Everyone is supposed to be afraid of Wyatt for some reason when the guy loses all the big matches/feuds.

If Daniel Bryan was returning soon he wouldn't be jumping up and down on social media constantly talking about how much he wants to return. Thats not how that works.

UberTag

At least in the 90s there was something screwy or interesting eventually coming out of repeats like this.
Storylines furthered by promo segments, backstage skits, a clear intention of building one guy or the other towards a title run or feud with a more noteworthy opponent, a logical progression from beginning to end so the multiple matches meant something and weren't just repeating the same finish over and over again?

Such wackiness! Clearly what was done in the 90s by one writer must be WRONG.

kiguel182

Storylines furthered by promo segments, backstage skits, a clear intention of building one guy or the other towards a title run or feud with a more noteworthy opponent, a logical progression from beginning to end so the multiple matches meant something and weren't just repeating the same finish over and over again?

Such wackiness! Clearly what was done in the 90s by one writer must be WRONG.

Let's remember how we have a last man standing match next Sunday with zero heat and pretty much no build except for putting the guys on commentary and a couple of brawls.

Owens vs Ambrose has been such a waste.

Aiii

So not worth it
With UFC 197 in March having both Dos Anjos verse McGregor and Holm verse Tate, I have this feeling Mania isn't going to be the biggest sports entertainment event of the month.

-edit: Well, I just saw Mania is on April 3rd, so never fucking mind :D

Xater

With UFC 197 in March having both Dos Anjos verse McGregor and Holm verse Tate, I have this feeling Mania isn't going to be the biggest sports entertainment event of the month.

-edit: Well, I just saw Mania is on April 3rd, so never fucking mind :D

That kinda does sound like a UFC show I might want to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom