• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SD

* Chris Jericho kicks off SmackDown with a promo about the Royal Rumble. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day interrupt and remember Francesca The Trombone again. This segment leads to The New Day vs. The Usos and Dolph Ziggler
* The Usos and Dolph Ziggler defeated The New Day with a triple superkick
* Becky Lynch defeated Alicia Fox by submission
* The Miz comes out for another edition of Miz TV. His guest is Kevin Owens and WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose. They talk about their Last Man Standing match at Royal Rumble. Ambrose ended up hitting Dirty Deeds on The Miz. Owens then hit a papa powerbomb on Miz to end the segment
* Bray Wyatt defeated Ryback
* Titus O'Neal defeated Stardust
* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns defeated Rusev, Sheamus, King Barrett and WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio in a Handicap Match by DQ. The Usos ran down to even the odds and assist Reigns after the disqualification. The Wyatt Family then came to the ring and attacked, ending SmackDown

didn't ziggler turn heel

SD

* Chris Jericho kicks off SmackDown with a promo about the Royal Rumble. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day interrupt and remember Francesca The Trombone again. This segment leads to The New Day vs. The Usos and Dolph Ziggler
* The Miz comes out for another edition of Miz TV. His guest is Kevin Owens and WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose. They talk about their Last Man Standing match at Royal Rumble. Ambrose ended up hitting Dirty Deeds on The Miz. Owens then hit a papa powerbomb on Miz to end the segment
* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns defeated Rusev, Sheamus, King Barrett and WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio in a Handicap Match by DQ. The Usos ran down to even the odds and assist Reigns after the disqualification. The Wyatt Family then came to the ring and attacked, ending SmackDown

Why does anyone watch this?

DMczaf

tumblr_o17of2csEx1rmv1vdo1_540.gif

notworksafe

Yoko killing it at the end there, damn he was a badass

Scott Steiner and Samu starting off 94 lol. The lineup beforehand was...not impressive.

Rick Steiner #3!

notworksafe

Diesel just cleared the ring in about 30 seconds. I halfway expected Reign's theme to kick in at that moment.

Mustachiod Billy Gunn in and right out lol
Virgil in and right out sheesh

DMczaf

2. Neville defeated Tyler Breeze. Neville won with the Red Arrow in about five minutes…

3. Heath Slater and Curtis Axel defeated The Dudleys. Curtis Axel rolled up Bubba Ray for the pin to win a ten-minute match while D-Von was outside the ring “getting the table.” This wrapped up the Main Event taping…

lol

I just rewatched the Rumble from last year. Man, as soon as its down to Big Show/Kane/Roman the crowd just absolutely loses it. A constant cascade of boos that only gets louder as Roman starts to fight back. Granted, 2016 Roman is no 2015 Roman, but a repeat of last year on Sunday could easily undo all of the moderately decent building they've done with Roman up to now. I don't know how they make Roman look strong without winning the Rumble, but they had better come up with something.

Verendus

Banned
I just rewatched the Rumble from last year. Man, as soon as its down to Big Show/Kane/Roman the crowd just absolutely loses it. A constant cascade of boos that only gets louder as Roman starts to fight back. Granted, 2016 Roman is no 2015 Roman, but a repeat of last year on Sunday could easily undo all of the moderately decent building they've done with Roman up to now. I don't know how they make Roman look strong without winning the Rumble, but they had better come up with something.
That's easy. Reigns is entering number one. He just needs to be active, and last until the final two against Lesnar. Have Haitch come out of nowhere and cost him the match then. He still looks good even as a loser.

I really want him and Lesnar entering one and two respectively, but I doubt WWE puts Lesnar in there so early.

Because they suck.

Fox318

SD

mauro ranallo isn't going to save this show.

There is no reason at all to watch smackdown.

What would be the modern equivalent of the LT vs Bam Bam co-headlining a WM match? My initial instinct would be to say JJ Watt since he's such an attention whore, but LT was retired already...maybe Ray Lewis? And Bam Bam was good but he wasn't WM main event material, lets be honest. So maybe Ray Lewis vs Rusev?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What would be the modern equivalent of the LT vs Bam Bam co-headlining a WM match? My initial instinct would be to say JJ Watt since he's such an attention whore, but LT was retired already...maybe Ray Lewis? And Bam Bam was good but he wasn't WM main event material, lets be honest. So maybe Ray Lewis vs Rusev?

I was literally just thinking about this exact same thing not but three hours ago.

It's probably Cam Newton vs Kevin Owens

Fox318

Ray almost worked a mania because of his rock connection.

Ray almost worked a mania because of his rock connection.

They could have the lights go out in the middle of the match and when they come back up people would be expecting to see Kane or Taker or Bray Wyatt or something, but instead it's just Rusev stabbed to death in the middle of the ring.

DMczaf

Did you just throw Bam Bam under the bus?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what I like about wrestling in Mexico?

They protect the god damn dick kick. You hit someone in the dick, no matter who it is, they fall over and get pinned. They don't use it to set up a finisher they don't use it and then use a chainr, rudo kicks dude in the dick, dude crumples up and the rudo pins him.

Dick kick is the most protected finisher in professional wrestling just because of Mexico

Ultratech

200.gif

Damn, LU can't come back soon enough.

Royal Rumble 2016 |OT| Rome wasn't built in a day year (or two).

Fixed that for ya. :D

You know what I like about wrestling in Mexico?

They protect the god damn dick kick. You hit someone in the dick, no matter who it is, they fall over and get pinned. They don't use it to set up a finisher they don't use it and then use a chainr, rudo kicks dude in the dick, dude crumples up and the rudo pins him.

Dick kick is the most protected finisher in professional wrestling just because of Mexico

Mexico knows what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom