• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
ZVvMUk3l.jpg

vEFQfJH3.jpg

TNA struggling to fill those high school gyms

it's yesterday's SmackDown crowd

Even the fans know Smackdown is a nothing-of-note show.

If it's the secondary show to Raw, why is it Raw-lite? Hell, you can probably start considering Smackdown like Superstars and Main Event in that it's fucking filler. There's just Raw and NXT.

UberTag

Even the fans know Smackdown is a nothing-of-note show.
Why wouldn't they be excited to watch what has been the top feud of the past two months as they cheer their hero, Roman Reigns, against the entire League of Nations before uniting with them to wish R-Truth a happy 44th birthday?

Menome

This New Day Francesca was going great until it turned into them announcing yet another USO match. Ffs

To be fair...who's left in the Tag-Team Division right now? The Ascension were with Stardust that night, The Dudley Boyz were against the Wyatts. Sin Cara and Darren Young are injured so both of those teams are on the sidelines.

The Usos were the only guys left.

Caderfix

They don't manage to get anyone over with so little on screen talent on two shows. How is that going to work with two different ones?

They have a lot o talent, it's just that everyone is broken at the moment. They can't get anyone over mainly because they're focusing on the same people, as they're too big of stars to be out of the scene, or because they are their golden child, etc. Part of the resistance we see for the likes of Cena and Reigns is due to the fact no one else is allowed to accomplish anything, as they've already decided who they want to push, so a lot of people reject them. A split would allow the team to push Roman while they'd still be able to please more fans by giving other wrestler a spotlight. I guarantee that if they were pushing someone else other than Roman, I wouldn't be so sick of Roman.

Of course, this is just my opinion based on the interactions I had with fans throughout the years.

To be fair...who's left in the Tag-Team Division right now? The Ascension were with Stardust that night, The Dudley Boyz were against the Wyatts. Sin Cara and Darren Young are injured so both of those teams are on the sidelines.

The Usos were the only guys left.

I meant with it being a match for Raw that night. It could have just been a hype promo for RR instead of another Raw uso/ new day match. I understand talent is thin right now, but just do a single match with anyone else.

Foffy

Banned
Say, seeing as some of you guys are bigger wrestling homies than I, I have a request for you.

If possible, does anyone know of the current major stables/factions in CMLL and AAA? I'm asking largely because I'm making a "world save" in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, and they're the two promotions I know very little about. I have an overall roster with 488(!!) current active guys in what are considered "major promotions" and I'd like to keep it mostly current, if possible.

Xater

Say, seeing as some of you guys are bigger wrestling homies than I, I have a request for you.

If possible, does anyone know of the current major stables/factions in CMLL and AAA? I'm asking largely because I'm making a "world save" in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, and they're the two promotions I know very little about. I have an overall roster with 488(!!) current active guys in what are considered "major promotions" and I'd like to keep it mostly current, if possible.

Whoa! Are you planning on sharing that?

Foffy

Banned
Whoa! Are you planning on sharing that?

If people are interested, I guess. ;)

All I've done is mix a few existing saves, alphabetized the rosters, and tried to keep it involving active wrestlers from a recent cut-off point, save for a few who are employed but injured (Tyson Kidd, Yoshitatsu, etc).

It's a shame that Impact is now the old "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, did it fall", because this was a pretty good show. They had a clear focus on the World title, but still gave every other major act a chance to shine. Beer Money vs. Eli/Godderz was fun, while Kong vs. Gail was their closest-thing-to-good match they've had since Kong came back. I loved Gail turning the Rings of Saturn into a crucifix. Finish with HALF A DOZEN OTHER PEOPLE was a tad too much though.

Mike the motherfucking Miracle is doomed. He comes into TNA with shittier gear than he had in ROH and no tan, and other than a Rainmaker punch, did nothing that you wouldn't see a WWE mid-carder do. It was pretty obvious that Maria was the star of the duo in ROH for cosmetic reasons, but even without that as a crutch in TNA, she actually feels like a star, while he feels like a lower mid-card guy they're trying to elevate and just won't make it. Maybe he'll grow into this like EC3 did, but EC3 had far more star power the second that gimmick debuted than Bennett has.

The World title match itself was a very good hardcore match that didn't really use too much weaponry - just a few things used smartly. Matt debuted an off the apron Twist, and revived the chair-assisted Twist. That was one of the many things that smartly set up the heel turn since he only used that as a heel. Tyrus's turn on EC3 was set up in October, and like everything else here, finally paid off here when it logically would have after everything got finished up with the post-aired BFG tapngs.

Even the opener with Tyrus taking out Jeff played into all this perfectly since it showed that Matt is willing to even take out his own brother to win the World Title. Hopefully, they've re-signed Matt for a while - because I see him succeeding more in TNA than he could in WWE, while Jeff has at least an MITB win and cash-in in him in WWE. Matt cut a great heel promo too, and him talking about living a lavish life with a hot wife who has clearly had a few too much lip work done adds to this whole gimmick too.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-19-16.html

Screens -
TNA is at least trying to make a $100 budget look like $1,000

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/acfhub9680ggtjrutcxzt2642yepv2g5

klonere

Banned
Guys, do you think that New Day are comedy forever? Do you think that they will ever follow up on that one week where they randomly laid out all the main eventers to end the show?

Will they ever evolve as characters? Or are we stuck with LE NEW DAY xd forever?

klonere

Banned
Kofi and Xavier are. Big E will do better for himself once they learn how to push more than one guy.

It's funny you say that cos I always assumed Big E could tone down the comedy a bit but still be a serious, entertaining character but Kofi has proven he can be a nasty, vicious heel without being complete comedy. I'd say give Big E a face run and Kofi a heel run and they'd be good.

Xavier is comedy heel 4 lyfe but that's what he wants, likes and excels at so its fine.

Ithil

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/titus-o39neil-6290.html

Jan 19th 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Jan 11th 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Jan 10th 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Jan 9th 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Jan 8th 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Jan 5th 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Jan 4th 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Jan 3rd 2016: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Dec 28th 2015: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Dec 27th 2015: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Dec 26th 2015: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Dec 1st 2015: Titus O'Neil Def. (Pin) Stardust
Nov 24th 2015; Titus O'Neil Def. (CO) Stardust

Fox318

It really is a reflection on current WWE that we don't have a OT for the Royal fucking Rumble with 4 days to go.

not really much to talk about.

Summerslam had a better build than this.

I mean everyone pretty much sees the patterns of where things are going and there isn't really an exciting outcome.

This year is just going to be the Anoa'i coronation that last year was supposed to be.

I expect the usos, rock, reigns and others to have either belts or heat coming out of mania.

jmdajr

Anoa'i corporation brother

Bring back haku!

this would actually be cool. Rock running shit from afar to over take Vince because..reasons.

Ithil

Which unfunny thing does Vince find funnier, claiming someone has bad breath, or having someone with a Basil Rathbone hat and pipe walking around looking through a magnifying glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom