• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

xVHALmrl.jpg

At least he's actually looking at something with the glass.

klonere

Banned
Non-comprehensive list of WWE stuttering gimmicks

- OG Bubba Ray
- Matt Morgan, a 7 foot jacked monster that stutters
- Goldust at some stage

Any others?

Roster for TNA UK tour:

TNA Champion Matt Hardy
TNA Knockouts Champion Gail Kim
TNA Tag Team Champions The Wolves
TNA X-Division Champion Tigre Uno
Kurt Angle
Drew Galloway
EC3
Bobby Lashley
Beer Money
Big Damo
Bram
Awesome Kong
Jade
Marti Belle
Rebel
Eli Drake
Eric Young
Grado
Jessie Godderz
Jimmy Havoc
Mahabali Shera
Mark Andrews
Reby Hardy
Rockstar Spud
Shane Helms
Madison Rayne
Velvet Sky
Abyss
Crazzy Steve
Rosemary
Mike Bennett
Maria Kanellis
Trevor Lee
Tyrus
Will Ospreay
Billy Corgan will also be appearing.

*goes to look at TNA tickets, might be interesting to see Kurt Angle and the Brits in an arena*

GjEKTXs.png

lolno, I'm pretty sure my NXT ticket was cheaper

Also 4th row still available in a big arena in your biggest market

Lucha Underground
Tonight's episodes of the Lucha Underground marathon:

8 pm Eastern - Gold and Guerreros (Texano Jr. vs. Delavar Davari, Hernandez vs. Drago, Alberto El Patron vs. Marty the Moth, Prince Puma vs. Chavo Guerrero)
9 pm Eastern - Fuel to the Fire (The Mack vs. Cage, Mil Muertes vs. Son of Havoc, Johnny Mundo, Hernandez, Jack Evans, and Super Fly vs. Alberto El Patron, Aerostar, Drago, and Sexy Star)
10 pm Eastern - The Beginning of the End (Aztec Medallion Matches)
11 pm Eastern - PenUltimaLucha
12 am Eastern - Ultima Lucha Parts I and II

NXT
Sami Zayn vs. Adam Rose
Apollo Crews vs. Tye Dillinger
Rich Swann vs. Baron Corbin
Carmella and Bayley vs. Emma and Alexa Bliss
Johnny Gargano vs. Samoa Joe

ROH
The Addiction vs. Alex Shelley and ACH
Mark Briscoe vs. Adam Page
Philly Street Fight: reDRagon vs. Michael Bennett and Adam Cole vs. The Young Bucks

Zayn vs. Rose, Swann vs. Corbin, and Gargano vs. Joe should make a pretty good episode of NXT tonight. But the Wednesday Night Wars start again next Wednesday, and that's really exciting.

Raw64life

Roman Reigns once again not understanding that calling someone a "journeyman" is not a compliment:

On NXT stars possible showing up on Sunday:

"You got your Finn Balors, your Samoa Joes, your Sami Zayn, those journeymen, the guys who have been at it in this business for such a long time. It's such a great opportunity for them to sink their teeth in and reap the benefits of all their hard work. But, that being said, if they come in my ring, debut or not, I'm going to send their ass flying over that top rope. That's the way it's gotta be."

http://rajah.com/node/50563

klonere

Banned
NXT
Sami Zayn vs. Adam Rose
Apollo Crews vs. Tye Dillinger
Rich Swann vs. Baron Corbin
Carmella and Bayley vs. Emma and Alexa Bliss
Johnny Gargano vs. Samoa Joe

Baymella makes its way onto TV at last. Interested to see if they have the same chemistry on camera and in the ring as they do off and out.

Roman Reigns once again not understanding that calling someone a "journeyman" is not a compliment:

http://rajah.com/node/50563

Roman Reigns is about to main event his second WM 4 years into his career, the guys he mentions haven't done anything close to what Roman Reigns has been able to achieve. He has every right to call them journeymen. Win a real title before you talk shit imo!!!!

Matt Hardy now working his 2010 ROH gimmick in TNA

Matt Hardy on Twitter said:
ICONIC Matt Hardy ✔ @MATTHARDYBRAND
10 FYIs for internet nobodies about your new TNA World Champion, The Premier Performer on the Planet..

#BigMoneyMatt, The ICONIC Matt Hardy

1) I am the ONLY World Champion that matters in the professional wrestling industry. All other recognized champions are inferior to me.

2) Fans don't care that I killed myself for this biz. I came back from the dead in 2011 to become wrestling's #1 talent.

GO TO HELL, MARKS.

3) I loathe you. My wife, @RebySky, somehow hates you all even more. You're all selfish, disrespectful & ungrateful hypocrites full of shit.

4) I am done with EC3. On all platforms. #BLOCKED

Even if he ever does return to the ring, he'll never be the same.
CZIz5UvUgAAh63N.jpg

5) I will not even look at any tweet directed at me from any of you insolent underlings that does not begin with "YOUR GRACE" or "MY LORD".

6) I offered to pay #Tyrus DOUBLE what EC3 paid him. He did it for much less. @EthanCarterTNA has burnt all of his bridges. EC3 has no one.

7) The MATT HARDY BRAND is bigger than the @impactwrestling brand.. I will be treated as such by TNA's management.

8) Do not approach or bother my family or me in public. If you pester me for a photo or autograph, be prepared to pay $500 for it.

9) I am the only option for Number ONE in the 2016 #PWI500.

The ICONIC Matt Hardy & my brand is the most important entity in this industry.

10) I've now got my priorities straight.

1-ME
2-My family
3-Make my bank accounts more massive by milking every dollar out of TNA & the biz

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Which unfunny thing does Vince find funnier, claiming someone has bad breath, or having someone with a Basil Rathbone hat and pipe walking around looking through a magnifying glass?

Who? That's Sherlock Holmes.

Xater

Just saw the second half for the 16 Carat Gold participants will be revealed on Thursday. If good I guess I'll get that standing ticket.

Xater

Fucking Mike Tyson is in UFC 2. Everyone's favorite MMA practitioner!

It would be funny though if he was just unable to kick or do holds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Bruce Lee last year, Punk, this year, and now Tyson

I guess it's good Punk at least has a UFC contract.

Xater

Bruce Lee last year, Punk, this year, and now Tyson

I guess it's good Punk at least has a UFC contract.

Yeah, it's super weird. I was somewhat interested in this game considering they did seem to have a solid foundation, but not being 60fps again kinda kills it for me. Game felt too sluggish for a fighting/sports game.

Here is the Mike Tyson trailer btw if you want to see that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGG2pVU0znI&feature=youtu.be

Caderfix

I would actually love to if they gave Mike crazy standing power with no ground game or kicks to even things out. It'd be amazing to be able to use a pure boxer to destroy the rest of the roster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck UFC games.

Give me a new Fight Night.

nobody buys em

I love boxing, and I always will, but I know when the writing is on the wall. Boxing now is for true boxing fans only, and is in a huge lull.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC Fight Night Round 4 sold decently. Champion is the one that didn't do so hot (because it wasn't as good)

I'd love a new boxing game that focused on the sport's history far more than a "current roster" would. Just legends only. I know we got tastes of that in the others, but I want a WWE Showcase Mode style for a lot of the big fights in history. Give me alternates too. Foreman '72, '74, '77, '87.

Xater

These days no one cares about boxing. You should know that. I liked Fight Night 3 and 4 but tbh I also rather have a good UFC/MMA game. Doubt this is going to be it though.

notworksafe

Just realized that NXT and Fan Axxess are in the same building this year. Should be better than last year when I had to make a mad dash to the NXT show arena.

Sephzilla

I'd love a new boxing game that focused on the sport's history far more than a "current roster" would. Just legends only. I know we got tastes of that in the others, but I want a WWE Showcase Mode style for a lot of the big fights in history. Give me alternates too. Foreman '72, '74, '77, '87.

i'd be all over this game

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i'd be all over this game

There's so many interesting stories you can tell by following someone's career. Foreman as an easy one, because he had a very storied, and surprising career compared to most. I'd love to see Showcase Mode for Hagler. Bowe. Foreman. Ali of course, who wouldn't want that. Marciano. Tyson. Tyson would actually be a super cool tutorial style one where you're OP as fuck in the first few fights, then actually get challenges with Buster Douglas and Holyfield.

notworksafe

My choices for Wrestlemania Axxess VIP signings for the day I'm going are pretty slim. Jericho, Sting, or just getting a regular ticket.

No John Cena signing session that whole weekend, strange.

Kaladin

My choices for Wrestlemania Axxess VIP signings for the day I'm going are pretty slim. Jericho, Sting, or just getting a regular ticket.

No John Cena signing session that whole weekend, strange.

I'd go with Sting. I don't think he'd be the type to do convention signings and other stuff.

Jericho has other less expensive avenues you can get his autograph if you're a big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom