• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
Lost 600,000 viewers between hour one and hour three with no competition. Ouch.
Those are some decent numbers compared to a few months ago.

Reigns is pretty much carrying the show right now. There's never been another time in history like this.

WWE has always had a bunch of big stars. Austin had Vince, Rocky, and Foley. Lesnar had all of WWE and WCW, and still flopped. Cena had Batista, Jimmy Haitch, and a bunch of other guys. Reigns got no one. He's got no one. It's just Reigns. And him alone.

It's...

ONE

VERSUS

ALL

Balee in the the power.

Mahonay

Banned
Those are some decent numbers compared to a few months ago.

Reigns is pretty much carrying the show right now. There's never been another time in history like this.

WWE has always had a bunch of big stars. Austin had Vince, Rocky, and Foley. Lesnar had all of WWE and WCW, and still flopped. Cena had Batista, Jimmy Haitch, and a bunch of other guys. Reigns got no one. He's got no one. It's just Reigns. And him alone.

It's...

ONE

VERSUS

ALL

Balee in the the power.
You might say he's spear-heading WWE into the New New Generation. Soon all B PPVs will be relabeled In Your House.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
UFC can always release him, though. I can barely see any 37 year old outside of Couture, historically, doing eight fights worth a shit.

You might say he's spear-heading WWE into the New New Generation. Soon all B PPVs will be relabeled In Your House.

And then we can welcome back a superstar from the past that the 'E sorely needs in these dry times.

Picture+34.png

Verendus

Banned
Does anyone really think Roman Reigns is walking out of the Rumble as champ?

Is anyone actually rooting for this to happen?
I'm not adverse to Reigns walking out champion, if only because he's the best there is right now.

But I need the security of Barack Lesnar winning so I can rest comfortably knowing Barack vs. Reigns Version 2.0 is a go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
fucking lol, 8? I thought he only had 3.

They're not guaranteed, I think. I think he could get cut if he loses badly enough in the first fight. I mean, they're gonna have him fight some skinny teenager with like 2 fights under his belt.

MC Safety

I can't root for a champion who wears body armor. It's almost insulting to the real champions who won and defended the title without a chestplate.

And I believe the narrative for the Rumble will hinge on Reigns. Forces will align against him, of course. But the story will either be Reigns survives or Reigns falls victim ...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't root for a champion who wears body armor. It's almost insulting to the real champions who won and defended the title without a chestplate.

And I believe the narrative for the Rumble will hinge on Reigns. Forces will align against him, of course. But the story will either be Reigns survives or Reigns falls victim ...

Reigns is going to spend 2/3 of the match in the corner asleep getting "Roman's - Sleeping" chants.

Hycran

Banned

The problem is that it is obvious he isnt going to make it out with the strap, but he is obviously going to be in the last two men in the ring and will be eventually defeated due to outside interference in order to set up another feud and make him look really strong. He already has the record for most eliminations, now he will get it for longest lasting or something stupid like that.

Mahonay

Banned
Strongly worded tweets are about the only notable thing Jobdust is capable of these days.

Which is a shame because Cody is capable of much more than this shit.
He seems totally fine with it too which is the annoying part.

A lot of people would enjoy Cody Vs Goldust as a Mania program, but I can already see the part where Cody isn't interested because they haven't given him a story reason to fight his brother. He seems to respect kayfabe to the detriment of himself. You have to try and put yourself over on your own when the company is just giving you aimless dog shit. Strictly sticking to your character's logic doesn't mean shit when you've not wrestled a match anyone has actually remembered in the past 2 years.

Verendus

Banned
You mean in the middle of football season?
I know it hurts a lot of you baby girls to give any credit to Reigns, but those numbers were the worst they've ever been in a long time even for fake football season.

Reigns is taking this Titanic, and hoisting it high. You can either drown with the rest of the jabronis who'll get nowhere or accept that he's making history.

Colocho

Banned
I'd say 50% chance HHH wins the Rumble.

30% chance Reigns wins.

25% chance Brock wins.

5% chance someone else does.

More like

80% HHH wins

19% Brock wins

1% Kurt Angle wins

0% someone else wins

There is, however, a 100% chance that Roman looks the strongest he's ever looked before, eliminating 20+ competitors.

Maven was the one exception during his Rumble debut.

Maven > The Undertaker

Now I think about it, that seems like the kind of thing that would garner some FUCK THIS COMPANY comments from the ol' internet wrasslin' community.

Speaking of which, reading through last years rumble thread was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom