• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

remember kids, a trap queen is:

A bomb-ass female.
The baddest female.
She is loyal to her friends,lives for her family,and gives no fucks to bitter,petty bitches.
She also enjoys listening to trap music.

RBH

Rooty Tooty Booty
AzVGgzS.gif

Jericho just redid his debut promo but just wasn't interupted by The Rock. Jericho has returned to many times so no one cares about him. At least he's probably back to be a jobber.

UberTag

They are actually building for the Rumble this year. Next week Brock is going to enter his name in it.
By modern WWE standards, this build is a big improvement. Won't change the fact that we'll still have an obvious outcome for the Rumble match... BUT I appreciate the effort.

Seems like they're making an effort with the Smackdown re-launch as well.

KingBroly

Banned
By modern WWE standards, this build is a big improvement. Won't change the fact that we'll still have an obvious outcome for the Rumble match... BUT I appreciate the effort.

It's Brock or Cena

Most likely Cena with the person screwing Brock over getting murdered at Wrestlemania. Most likely The Rock.

JavyOO7

Have not seen WK10 but I saw Shibata's entrance. Love his theme, his no nonsense entrance, especially as he shoos the camera man out of the way, and does his walk to the ring looking like one bad mofo. He's so great.

ScribbleD

Have not seen WK10 but I saw Shibata's entrance. Love his theme, his no nonsense entrance, especially as he shoos the camera man out of the way, and does his walk to the ring looking like one bad mofo. He's so great.

I haven't watched 10 yet. Without spoiling anything, was it good? I was pretty happy with it last year.

Dion314

Neo Member

Plus I see them giving tv time to guys that haven't been seen in forever. It's not the best but I won't shit on them for trying to fix what people have been complaining about

Edit- and I think I'll catch WK10 now actually. Heard it was AMAZING

Gonzalez

Banned
I haven't watched 10 yet. Without spoiling anything, was it good? I was pretty happy with it last year.
Great from top, to bottom. Even the 4-way Jr. tag delivered, and I usually hate those.

Shame that NJ will be going through some tough times for a bit.

Wagram

Jericho just redid his debut promo but just wasn't interupted by The Rock. Jericho has returned to many times so no one cares about him. At least he's probably back to be a jobber.

Pretty much this. It was a very heavy retread of his WWF debut. He'll be gone in a few months - whoop de dooo. Show has been heading south since Big Show and Ryback.

Charlotte v. Becky has been the best of the show thus far imo.

I hope the New Japan guys are getting MASSIVE paydays, because they will be putting over the likes of Sheamus if they ever get to the main roster

I hope the New Japan guys are getting MASSIVE paydays, because they will be putting over the likes of Sheamus if they ever get to the main roster

Sounding like at least half of them are never leaving NXT

Which considering the youngest of them is 32, 2 of them are 35, and one's 38, is very good. You think Nakamura and AJ's backs are fucked now? You have no idea how fucked they would have become with even just a year of WWE touring

Wheelchair bound within 3 years

Very, very happy that WWE is actually making big moves to address their gigantic roster depth issues.

They have a great roster from green guys, to experienced old guys, Indy guys, sons and daughters of wrestlers. They have no idea how to book them or just job them all out to their real stars Cena and now Reigns. NXT is gonna get real good though

imBask

Banned
By using beaten up 30 something year olds that got over elsewhere.

What a developmental program you've got there, Mr H's

you're a fool if you still think it's a developmental. It's a 5 star transition house that no one wants to leave once they get called up by a real family

Toki767

Which will push people up to the main roster- you only need a set # of draws in NXT mixed with the newbies you're developing.

Who in NXT do you expect is going to be pushed up exactly?

It's not going to be Balor. Joe is a possibility but you know he's just going to be misused on the main roster.

Trips has mentioned in investor conference calls that he wants a 3rd touring brand.

Bet this is the first major investment into that. Investors don't want hhh to take over the reigns as CEO of WWE. They'll give him control of his own brand that is actually built to make money to prove he can handle it, and step up in a few years to WWE.

Going from NXT to CEO of WWE isn't a great transition. Needs something to bridge that, or at least fake bridge it to investors.

imBask

Banned
Enzo, Cass, Bayley, Joe called up
Itami called up soon enough too

They all get ruined on the main roster, meanwhile we get the craziest invasion storyline with Balor and the Bullet Club and enjoy ourselves on Wednesday nights

kirblar

Enzo, Cass, Bayley, Joe called up
Itami called up soon enough too

They all get ruined on the main roster, meanwhile we get the craziest invasion storyline with Balor and the Bullet Club and enjoy ourselves on Wednesday nights
Oh yeah, that Balor Club entrance.

Enzo/Cass/Carmela are pretty hard to screw up, tbf. Solid gimmick that doesn't really need much other than Enzo mic time.

imBask

Banned
Oh yeah, that Balor Club entrance.

Enzo/Cass/Carmela are pretty hard to screw up, tbf. Solid gimmick that doesn't really need much other than Enzo mic time.

I think they're the easiest to screw up... they'll most likely fight the usos 156 times with no mic time, change the entrance and split them at some point because they'll want Cass on a solo run as a MONSTER MASTODON BIG GUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom