• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 has one of the greatest macthes of all time , cena vs Michaels on raw, it can't be all that bad.
Which is why I said it wasn't the worst lol. The HBK and Randy feud as well toward the end of the year. My homie Chavito grabbing the brass ring only to be knocked the fuck out by KANE IN 2008.

All in all, SD carried 2007.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I caught a bunch of random raws in 2007 leading up to mania.

I didn't start watching weekly until Jericho pretends to be Nick Bockwinkle caught my eye.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We'll have to mark this down as another instance where our opinions are about as far removed from one another as possible, friend. NOSAWA is the dirt worst.

AND, he's a juggalo.

oh no not a juggalo
0IetbEq.jpg

So I had drunk sex with this girl last night and she's now telling me she had to stop it because i kept talking about wrestling.

Like how important ROH is to WWE
and how I hate WWE is the most popular
And that i said if you can make it in WWE, you can make it anywhere.

Fuck my life
Damn.. Early entry for lol award?

My,bad

2007 had:

WWE:
Trump vs Rosie o donnel on raw
Khali wins the title
Cena title stranglehold
Orton's world title win clusterfuck
Injuries
Steroid investigations
A goddamn MOUNTAIN of legend deaths
Benoit situation
ECW pretty much being dropped
HHH on Smackdown

TNA:
EVERYTHING EVER. EVERY SHITTY THING THAT PEOPLE MAKE FUN OF TNA FOR STARTED IN THIS YEAR.

miserable

2007 had:

WWE:
Khali wins the title
Cena title stranglehold
Injuries
Steroid investigations
Benoit situation
HHH on Smackdown

TNA:
EVERYTHING EVER. EVERY SHITTY THING THAT PEOPLE MAKE FUN OF TNA FOR STARTED IN THIS YEAR.

i remember that Punjabi Prison Match like it was yesterday

I caught a bunch of random raws in 2007 leading up to mania.

I didn't start watching weekly until Jericho pretends to be Nick Bockwinkle caught my eye.
I own every episode of wwe on vhs from the year 2006-2012?

But it was hard to go buy a new tape every few weeks for 2007.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember the week I started watching mainly weekly, though I didn't bother with PPVs until WM 28. It was the week where Santino debuted.

I'm probably wrong here but isn't this a kayfabe tweet gone horribly wrong or are these legit his beliefs.

That was a legit opinion, he got in some trouble for it (not a whole lot, tbh).

Trying to watch wrestling while filtering out all the bigots, racists, assholes and idiots seems like a futile endeavour, however.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That was a legit opinion, he got in some trouble for it (not a whole lot, tbh).

Trying to watch wrestling while filtering out all the bigots, racists, assholes and idiots seems like a futile endeavour, however.

You get to see Bayley wrestle nobody!

2007 had:

WWE:
Khali wins the title
Cena title stranglehold
Injuries
Steroid investigations
Benoit situation
HHH on Smackdown

FUCK. Trump/Rosie was '07 too? 2007 was not fun at all, especially post-Benoit.

(Cena's title run is probably the least offensive thing on that list. That Umaga match at the Royal Rumble is still a favorite.)

I loved Umanga lol. I hated that he had to fall victim of John Cena especially, I think I almost threw my crt out when he wrapped the fucking turnbuckle around his neck. You stoop that fucking low, a turnbuckle.

That's a top tier Cena match, if anything Super Cena needing to resort to strangulation via busted ring ropes just made Youmanga look that much more monstrous.

Now if you wanna stoop low in a LMS match, well...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Umaga also gave Jeff Hardy his best match

Too bad Umaga's teased face run never went anywhere. That was a hype face turn

PaulLFC

I just signed up for NJPW World in time for WK10 and as someone who doesn't speak Japanese, I'm a bit lost. Signup was easy as they have an English language signup page, but the main site itself doesn't seem to have a similar option. Most of it can be roughly translated in Chrome with Translate page, but the main navigation buttons appear to be images and don't translate.

I recalled that there were a few other events that have had English commentary on NJPW World, what's the best way for me to find these?

With rough translation I found a "play by play announcer" list and chose Kevin Kelly, that brought back 9 results but they seem to be each individual match rather than full shows. Is there a way to find full shows?

Edit: Think I've found a way now, http://njpwworld.com/search/tag/mic_82 seems to list matches with English commentary.

That's a top tier Cena match, if anything Super Cena needing to resort to strangulation via busted ring ropes just made Youmanga look that much more monstrous.

Now if you wanna stoop low in a LMS match, well...
Always makes me laugh. But after that match Umanga was never the same again.
Umaga also gave Jeff Hardy his best match

Too bad Umaga's teased face run never went anywhere. That was a hype face turn
Fuck that shit. I hate how you try to make a monster like that go face. The one where it was effective was/is Kane and Mankind if you consider him one. Big Show is iffy but he's a good actor, his problem is constantly changing.

Kumala, nope.
Batista, nope.
Yokozuna, nope.
Vladimir, why did you do this?
Khali, worse than his title run.
Mark Henry, just stop.
Albert, sweet T? Really?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yokozuna's face turn actually worked, it's just that he was too damn large at that point to do a good match.

His face pops were massive though.

Yokozuna's face turn actually worked, it's just that he was too damn large at that point to do a good match.

His face pops were massive though.
It was dumb to me.

He ditched his flag and started carrying a damn American flag. Yoko is a heel for life type of guy. Only reason why he got good pop is because he was terrorizing Camp Cornette.

DMczaf

Horsemen are still lifetime heels, even after their mini face run again nwo.

When I hear that theme, I want to get 3 of my friends and jump Dusty in the parking lot of a motel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

When I hear that theme, I want to get 3 of my friends and jump Dusty in the parking lot of a motel.

Horsemen spend like half their run being faces or pretending to be faces though.

GAF getting angry at Chris Hemsworth's Native American cosplay at a party, but are fine with him as Thor. I can only imagine what they'd be like if they ever watched wrestling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretending to be faces.

Horsemen vs NWO were straight up baby ass baby faces. They were as dumb as Sting too.

We don't need a fourth member for this wargames! Mongo and Benoit are useless! Sting, I know between Arn, Luger and I we've betrayed you no less than thirty times but someone in face paint attacked Luger in the rain last week! It was you brother!

There's very few heel for life characters I can think of.

Million Dollar Man
IRS
Bischoff

Like I consider Haynes/Hendrix to be apart of that even though freebirds turned face in early 92. He said fuck that and went heel on his own.

So what's the status on using NJPW World through PS4 or Xbox One these days? I really wanna watch Wrestle Kingdom but don't have a Chromecast or Apple TV.

Sephzilla

So I had drunk sex with this girl last night and she's now telling me she had to stop it because i kept talking about wrestling.

Like how important ROH is to WWE
and how I hate WWE is the most popular
And that i said if you can make it in WWE, you can make it anywhere.

Fuck my life

#deadgiveaway

From the Observer:

NXT is on fire right now but I bet the WWE is not happy with this statistic.

A smart company would look at that stat and go "I wonder how we can make our product more appealing and give an incentive to subscribe"

Let's watch as WWE does the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom