• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted to lose to Edge that night and end up going to Smackdown for a heel turn and a lighter schedule but obviously Vince disagreed. He hated the fact that Edge had so much going for him and he'd be defeating him in his country. Also the match was so brutal.

It was. He didn't want to put Edge through those tables. Cena had a lot of emotions in that match.

Also I re watched the Bayley/Sasha match & Triple threat Rumble match. I can understand now a lot of the numerous votes for Bayley/Sasha. Both of them were good.

This main event, haha WTF level of overbooked stupid is this?

And so, Royal Rumble, this to make Roman look strong or get the title on Cena for WrestleMania and maybe set up Roman vs Cena? Or both?

Where was Cena tonight? They seriously brought him back for a throw away match with a fuck finish, and he's not even there the next week?

It wasn't throwaway. It allowed Reigns to look strong in a match he wasn't even in, and stand tall to end a show above everyone else

There are also rumors now that Rocky Romero is leaving NJPW, possibly for NXT. Would be a good pickup for them. The talent level in NXT this year is going to be off the damn charts.

With the amount of money they most likely have to give Nakamura to get him, I doubt they'll treat him poorly. At worst he'll be treated like Del Rio, assuming his deal isn't just an NXT thing, and in that position he is talented and naturally charismatic enough to get over. I mean the last top NXT guy to get called up was Owens (sorry Breeze) and he's been treated pretty good after a rocky start losing to Cena. He's more protected than most.

He wanted to lose to Edge that night and end up going to Smackdown for a heel turn and a lighter schedule but obviously Vince disagreed. He hated the fact that Edge had so much going for him and he'd be defeating him in his country. Also the match was so brutal.
Learn something new everyday..

Does anyone really think the Rumble finish is anything other than Reigns entering at #1, surviving the whole thing, and then Triple H returning at #30 and winning? Seems really predictable.

As someone attending the Rumble live, the change makes me both more and less excited. On one hand, the Rumble itself will probably be more eventful and exciting considering it will be the only main event on the show. On the other hand, it seems super predictable and the already small pool of guys who have a shot to win it got even smaller with the change in stakes.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

holy shit just watched the match, boy he did not want that title at all, wow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't even know what to think about the fact that Vince looks like the least capable guy out there of selling this angle.

Seems like he's been off TV for a good reason.

The thing that's really ruining this angle is the the fact they have zero people on the roster able to actually play foil for Roman. I don't really want to see an angle of Roman fighting a 70 year old man and his sexy daughter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The real test is whether Becky's figured out that Charlotte is an asshole yet. I'm not convinced she has.

Gif of the year.

It was. He didn't want to put Edge through those tables. Cena had a lot of emotions in that match.

Also I re watched the Bayley/Sasha match & Triple threat Rumble match. I can understand now a lot of the numerous votes for Bayley/Sasha. Both of them were good.

Learn something new everyday..
I just vaguely remember that match but obviously, I was pissed that Edge lost and it made no sense unless you want to play up a returning victory since Cena lost in his home town to him at SS.

He talks about some of it in his dvd.

Oersted

Fk5BFQ1l.jpg

Not even correct, Emma is also a heel. Jesus fuck

Good morning guys.

I watched a stellar Wrestle Kingdom match between AJ and Nakamura last night. So glad these two get to do their thing in NJPW and aren't being fed to junk like Reigns in three minute shitfest matches on Raw, that would be awful! Can't wait for WK11...

[opens Twitter]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Foffy

Banned
Damn, didn't New Japan just plan an NXT-like thing?

They're losing two of their top four guys, and the two guys running Bullet Club. Dayum.

Angry Grimace

Natalya is a face for no reason too. She was a heel when she was with Cesaro and Kidd and she's like kinda sorta a face now. I guess.

Foffy

Banned
Nakamura in WWE sounds like the worst idea ever.

Time for Kenny Omega to step up!

Well, Daniel Bryan wanted Nakamura to be involved with Beast in the East as his opponent.

I just hope WWE doesn't ruin any of these guys. If they're going to the main roster, this is almost fucking promised, because the company is just so incompetent.

Xater

Well, Daniel Bryan wanted Nakamura to be involved with Beast in the East as his opponent.

I just hope WWE doesn't ruin any of these guys. If they're going to the main roster, this is almost fucking promised, because the company is just so incompetent.

I am the least worried about Gallows and Anderson. I bet HHH will give Balor his stable.

Foffy

Banned
Am I the only one hoping for an AJ or Nakamura card in WWE SuperCard after this news? LOL

Nakamura will probably get a Yoshi Tatsu treatment in WWE....

"Herro guys I am from Japon" fucking gimmick. Hell, they gave that to Albert with Tensai. :(

Vince plays stereotypes to dangerous extremes. Hence why the strong looking guys are Goku in WWE.

So, WWE signed A.J. Styles finally? Huh.

It's a shame, he's so talented in the ring, but the 'E doesn't give a shit about that. Not particularly excited for two of the best wrestlers on earth, BJ Stools and Simon Macnamara, making their debut in developmental either. It could only work if Vince steps down, and that ain't happening any time soon.

Fine with Gallows and Anderson though, and hopefully Redragon. The tag scene in NXT could get interesting, and Balor gets his stable back. THat said, I could see heel Balor and the Bullet Club will be Reigns food by the end of the year and that will be awful.

UberTag

So is the ref gonna get fired for allowing Rome to win?
Firing John Cone would make sense given the angle. But they won't do it.

I mean, hell... it would actually get Reigns over as a semi-decent human being if Cone were to get "fired" and for Reigns to corner Steph/Vince/Triple H at some point and lobby to get Cone his job back. But the WWE doesn't know how to book faces any more so that isn't in the cards.

I'm still perplexed why they keep bringing Scott Armstrong out of his producer's chair in the back to play the corrupt referee card every few months for an angle while expecting us to care.

That was a really fun match to witness in person.

Fine with Gallows and Anderson though, and hopefully Redragon. The tag scene in NXT could get interesting, and Balor gets his stable back. THat said, I could see heel Balor and the Bullet Club will be Reigns food by the end of the year and that will be awful.
The entire roster is Reigns' food right now. Let's not pretend otherwise.

MG310

Nakamura will probably get a Yoshi Tatsu treatment in WWE....

"Herro guys I am from Japon" fucking gimmick. Hell, they gave that to Albert with Tensai. :(

Vince plays stereotypes to dangerous extremes. Hence why the strong looking guys are Goku in WWE.

Granted it's NXT crowds but Asuka's making a pretty convincing case that Shinsuke's character would transition fairly well.

Foffy

Banned
Granted it's NXT crowds but Asuka's making a pretty convincing case that Shinsuke's character would transition fairly well.

That's on NXT, where they try pushing wrestling talent.

The main roster is ran by Total Divas and the Bellas. They'll be fed to that void in the same way the roster has been fed to Cena. Hell, Nikki is their female Cena..:(

Fuck. Just rewatched WK10 and now I find out AJ, Naka, Gallows & Anderson are leaving? Fuck.

I guess Kenny really will step up now. Hope he nails it, love his persona.

Also holy shit WK10 is so good. Just nonstop awesome matches.

I disagree...at least on NXT.

I agree wth that idea, the problem being that NXT is the road to the shitshow of Raw.

I find NXT weird. 'Developmental' yet with Balor, Styles, Nak and Joe they have four wrestlers with talents way beyond the current WWE champion (or much of the main roster). They develop their wrestling skills, only to go to the main roster where it's not held in the highest regard and everyone revolves around the current handpicked superman.

so WK10 attendance was only 25k? i knew that 50k number was BS. they'll never ever get 50k in the Dome for a wrestling event

25k paid, yeah - it was surprising as the building looked packed and the crowd seemed more hyped that last year, but I guess they papered it well. It being the first Monday back to work after the holidays can't have helped matters, but it's a disappointing number whichever way you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom