• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever wins the Rumble wins the title, meaning it's not for the Mania title shot.

That said, I would assume somebody wins the Rumble (Brock) which gives Reigns the Mania shot, and since Reigns wasn't pinned, he still looks strong.

I'm sure Vince still has enough brainpower to realise the fans will boo the shit out of Reigns if he's in the ring with Brock again. Not sure he wouldn't think Trips eliminating his isn't a great idea though.

Kaiterra

Banned
If all that is rumoured comes to fruition, then NXT will become the premiere show for WWE. And the only way to really watch it is via the Network - which means more subscribers (which is what they're aiming for, long term), and thus more money for them.

Let's say they get an extra 100,000 subs - that's a million dollars per month to fund the new signings and up the touring schedule a little. Seems good to me.

Hulu, baby

Aiii

So not worth it
Okay, there is a stable of Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Adam Rose and Heath Slater.

They fired two of the three-man band. I don't see them ditching Bo due to his family, but I guess Axel and Rose are gone by the end of this year?

They fired two of the three-man band. I don't see them ditching Bo due to his family, but I guess Axel and Rose are gone by the end of this year?

Well it wouldn't be the first time someone with those names was involved in a firing...

So reading back through replies I take it I shouldn't even bother with RAW this week? I was only able to catch the New Day vs 3D/LD match before falling asleep and that match was a snoozer.

orioto

Good Art™
So, wether he wins it or not, the rumble will be entirely a story about Reigns now right... Way to kill the interest..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Review-A-Raw starts at around the 15:30 mark this week.

What's the GAF conensus on Styles jumping ship then? On one hand, I just watched him have an incredible match last night. On the other, he's older than Cena so i don't see them giving him the headline run he deserves and I don't see NXT if there's concerns about Balor being down there too long at 34.

On a positive note, If the rumble has Bryan and Nakamura in it leading to the dream match at mania, it will be a wonderful thing.
It ain't happening

It would never work, but it would be hilarious to see someone like Toru Yanu in the WWE. The guy is a fucking ham and the crowd eats it up.

WWE has done enough raiding in 24 hours for one lifetime. Leave my boy out of it! I can't picture him in a WWE ring without a DVD to shill either.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yoshitatsu sucking at commentary I can handle, but he has ONE JOB and that is to translate the japanese promo's and he can't even do that.

Goto says a bunch of stuff, calls out Okada, belt-o and points at Okada. Yoshi's translation? "Goto just challenged for Okada's title."

Well no shit, Yoshi, no fucking shit.

Hex

Banned
The reality is, this grab is just WWE trying to grab attention since the Network just hit in Japan.
It is much like them wheeling Khali out on tv the week before they make a tour of India (when he was around)
That is the sad part about the whole thing.
Styles can fit in anywhere, he can pull the Jericho role except that he has that twang and has never been especially strong on the mic but he is not terrible.
Gallows is on a clock, Anderson could work.
Anderson and Gallows as a tag in today's meta could work though they will have to tone down the image.
Nak though...again, he might even be given a strong intro but sooner or later the shoe will drop.

Xater

What's the GAF conensus on Styles jumping ship then? On one hand, I just watched him have an incredible match last night. On the other, he's older than Cena so i don't see them giving him the headline run he deserves and I don't see NXT if there's concerns about Balor being down there too long at 34.

On a positive note, If the rumble has Bryan and Nakamura in it leading to the dream match at mania, it will be a wonderful thing.
It ain't happening

Styles is the guy I am probably the least worried about in WWE.

Styles can fit in anywhere, he can pull the Jericho role except that he has that twang and has never been especially strong on the mic but he is not terrible.

Nobody thought Styles would be on the level he was in NJPW. To see him move to WWE just to make Reigns look stronk is a huge waste. WWE has the tools to be the best wrestling promotion on earth, but nobody who knows how to use them properly. Styles deserves better than the Jericho 'legend making periodical appearances to put over just about anyone' role.

Yoshitatsu sucking at commentary I can handle, but he has ONE JOB and that is to translate the japanese promo's and he can't even do that.

Goto says a bunch of stuff, calls out Okada, belt-o and points at Okada. Yoshi's translation? "Goto just challenged for Okada's title."

Well no shit, Yoshi, no fucking shit.

Yeah, his translation for Okada was even worse: "Okada accept because Goto beat him in G1."

In reality? (Per E. Key Oide on Twitter)

"Goto-san! It doesn't matter to me if you're done with Naito after yesterday, if you're done with him forever. But I still remember losing to you in the G1. I ALSO remember you saying you wanted a unification match with the IC...So let's have that match!...oh, sorry! I forgot: You don't have that title anymore!"

He also said earlier that when BUSHI challenged KUSHIDA he didn't understand what he was saying, Striker said it was a lot of stuff they can't repeat on air, it turns out all it was was BUSHI saying he's going to lead the Jr. Division.

Yeah, Yoshi was the worst part of this weekend. If you're going to get someone to translate into Japanese, get someone THAT CAN SPEAK BLOODY ENGLISH.

Unless Vince smells some G n' R reunion money rubbing off on this particular pairing...

Xater

Yeah, his translation for Okada was even worse: "Okada accept because Goto beat him in G1."

In reality? (Per E. Key Oide on Twitter)

"Goto-san! It doesn't matter to me if you're done with Naito after yesterday, if you're done with him forever. But I still remember losing to you in the G1. I ALSO remember you saying you wanted a unification match with the IC...So let's have that match!...oh, sorry! I forgot: You don't have that title anymore!"

He also said earlier that when BUSHI challenged KUSHIDA he didn't understand what he was saying, Striker said it was a lot of stuff they can't repeat on air, it turns out all it was was BUSHI saying he's going to lead the Jr. Division.

Yeah, Yoshi was the worst part of this weekend. If you're going to get someone to translate into Japanese, get someone THAT CAN SPEAK BLOODY ENGLISH.

Huh, does that mean they will go ahead with a unification storyline?

Huh, does that mean they will go ahead with a unification storyline?

Nah, Okada was just being a dick, Goto has a reputation of never winning the big match (this will be his 9th IWGP title shot, having lost his eight previous, and he was unable to keep the IC title away from Nakamura again) and this was a subtle dig at that.

Raw64life

Naito needs a belt or a push or something stat. I love the gimmick but he hasn't won shit since going full Los Ingobernables. Didn't come close to winning the G1, had EVIL debut and interfere during his match with Tanahashi but he lost anyway, interefered in EVILs match with Goto and cost him the match, lost the tag league finals, lost at WK10. He's like the Bray Wyatt of NJPW. Bushi seems to be the only one getting a push out of it.

Naito needs a belt or a push or something stat. I love the gimmick but he hasn't won shit since going full Los Ingobernables. Didn't come close to winning the G1, had EVIL debut and interfere during his match with Tanahashi but he lost anyway, interefered in EVILs match with Goto and cost him the match, lost the tag league finals, lost at WK10. He's like the Bray Wyatt of NJPW. Bushi seems to be the only one getting a push out of it.

He's probably going to beat Tanahashi at New Beginning and he's my pick to win the New Japan Cup, we're definitely getting Okada vs. Naito or Goto vs. Naito at Invasion Attack. With AJ leaving New Japan needs a new top heel and Omega isn't quite there yet, Naito is the perfect choice.

Hex

Banned
Nobody thought Styles would be on the level he was in NJPW. To see him move to WWE just to make Reigns look stronk is a huge waste. WWE has the tools to be the best wrestling promotion on earth, but nobody who knows how to use them properly. Styles deserves better than the Jericho 'legend making periodical appearances to put over just about anyone' role.

Ah I meant roster Jericho, before the jaded collect a paycheck and shill my shit Jericho

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I actually kinda like the Rumble being for the title. Because I think you can seriously make an argument for four different guys winning right now with Brock, Cena, Roman and Trips, though I believe at this point the most likely winner is Hunter because that's cool and fresh.

miserable

So Triple H vs Reigns at Mania is pretty much guaranteed, right? To bad, i wanted that Brock vs Roman rematch. brother Verendus was right, that should be the main event at Mania.

SHRivj6.jpg

Jezbollah

Unless they're suddenly going to get a lot of the unused talent on the main roster to go down to NXT (which I think they should - to give them license to show what they can really do) I'm expecting a massive cull post WM. Red Wedding style.

Does anyone know who owns the Bullet Club trademark? Is it NJPW?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ just got written out of NJPW.

After Omega beat Nakamura in a tag match, Omega attacked him, as well as the rest of the BC. Omega is the new leader, and challenged Nakamura for the IC belt. AJ bowed to the fans in respect.

This is like the NWO dissolving but Stevie Ray and Virgil are still fighting over leadership

just fucking end it gedo, holy shit

Xater

Unless they're suddenly going to get a lot of the unused talent on the main roster to go down to NXT (which I think they should - to give them license to show what they can really do) I'm expecting a massive cull post WM. Red Wedding style.

There are some people that really should have been fired a while ago if you are not going to use them for squashes...

Jezbollah

There are some people that really should have been fired a while ago if you are not going to use them for squashes...

You're not wrong!

I mean - isn't this a glaring example of what NXT should be used for - allowing unused main roster talent to get better, as well as bring up new talent?

Why on earth is everyone so mad that the Rumble is for the title? The '92 Rumble was one of the best ever!

Alright...slightly different.

Yeah, they do. I remember hearing and interview saying that AJ doesn't get any royalites and that NJPW is pulling all the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom