• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
Why on earth is everyone so mad that the Rumble is for the title? The '92 Rumble was one of the best ever!

Alright...slightly different.

Allow me to step in for liquidsnake here and say that Ric Flair is a far more compelling character to base an entire Rumble around than Roman Reigns in twenty fucking sixteen.

DMczaf

Why on earth is everyone so mad that the Rumble is for the title? The '92 Rumble was one of the best ever!

It's not for the title, it's for Roman's title. Which means the entire match is about Roman now. We are going to hear about this for the entire match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fuck a spoiler because it's live.

So your 'top leader' is a comedy goober who can't stop wrestling DDT style who just lost to the junior heavyweight champion. And your most popular up and coming heel who could have feuded with Okada just jobbed to the Tito Santana of NJPW.

Holy shit Bookers of the Year 2013. Enjoy your empty domes.

Fuck a spoiler because it's live.

So your 'top leader' is a comedy goober who can't stop wrestling DDT style who just lost to the junior heavyweight champion. And your most popular up and coming heel who could have feuded with Okada just jobbed to the Tito Santana of NJPW.

Holy shit Bookers of the Year 2013. Enjoy your empty domes.

Yeah but you were wrong about Okada/Tanahashi

so there is still hope!

Sephzilla

The '92 Rumble was for a vacant title, the '16 Rumble is basically a title defense. It makes the entire match about Roman now and makes the ending a lot more predictable (in a bad way).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I mean, if you don't like the way the Rumble sounds you can always not watch it and try an alternative. It won't kill you.

Kaladin

This is WWE at least trying *something*. Shame it only appears that Vince and Roman are on the new page. The rest of the product is the same stale stuff.

But Mr. McMahon instantly makes the main event scene watchable again. The chairman of the board needs to come back full time, but it needs to be him and Triple H, not him and Stephanie.

Sephzilla

Here's hoping that Roman gets eliminated just like D-Bry did.

Vince rigs the Rumble so Roman has to enter early along with a bunch of Vince goons like the League of Nations and gets Roman out of the match early on. I'd be 100% okay with this because it keeps the Roman vs Vince storyline alive and well, makes the ending of the Rumble a lot more unpredictable and interesting, and could set up a really interesting Mania main event. In other words, Roman will win the rumble and get booed for the second year in a row.

I'm okay with WWE at least trying something new, but honestly I think the Rumble is the wrong place to try it. Nobody the last few years thought the Rumble needed to be spiced up like this, the problem was that they just kept picking the wrong people to win the Rumble.

DMczaf

The only way that can kill my hype any more is if they announce that the only way to win the title if you eliminate Roman

Fox318

Stephanie needs to go away

xtoA4Ux.gif

Barrage

The Rumble for the title is fucking great. The same people complaining how predictable the match was are now shitting on it even though it now has more viable winners than it has in years.

I think Nakamura's coming straight up, Styles will do NXT til Takeover Dallas then come up, Gallows/Anderson stay in NXT.

Hex

Banned
This is like the NWO dissolving but Stevie Ray and Virgil are still fighting over leadership

just fucking end it gedo, holy shit

I would actually say that Omega, Bucks, Fale, and Tonga will be just fine without Anderson and Gallows.
AJ being gone sucks but they have replaced the leader before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Fale would come to WWE instead. I love that dude and think he could learn some real shit in America, because he ain't learning much more in Japan.

Sephzilla

The Rumble for the title is fucking great. The same people complaining how predictable the match was are now shitting on it even though it now has more viable winners than it has in years.

I think Nakamura's coming straight up, Styles will do NXT til Takeover Dallas then come up, Gallows/Anderson stay in NXT.

No Bryan (probably)
No Rollins
No Orton
No Sting
No Batista

Who do you consider a viable winner? The only really viable winners are probably Roman, Cena, and Brock.

klonere

Banned
The Rumble being a title match is a really cool idea but my absolute indifference to the champion makes it all so fucking pointless.

I hope HHH wins, will not be watching.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also nakamura is like my number one choice for 'someone the wwe woudln't know how to book and completely miss the point on but hire him because he's popular and not realize why'

i do enjoy seeing him and curtis axel go off the chains at the pre-show match.

klonere

Banned
also nakamura is like my number one choice for 'someone the wwe woudln't know how to book and completely miss the point on but hire him because he's popular and not realize why'

i do enjoy seeing him and curtis axel go off the chains at the pre-show match.

Vince will 100% stick him with a Michael Jackson dancing comedy gimmick.

Vince loves dancing.

Ithil

AJ just got written out of NJPW.

After Omega beat Nakamura in a tag match, Omega attacked him, as well as the rest of the BC. Omega is the new leader, and challenged Nakamura for the IC belt. AJ bowed to the fans in respect.

Bullet Club is taking a massive hit with these losses, but Omega is about as great a choice for the new leader as they have, he's awesome. They'll need a couple of people added though, Tama Tonga and Yujiro aren't gonna cut it as his only backup.

Sephzilla

HHH might enter the Rumble but I put 0% chance of him winning it. He's more likely going to enter specifically to take out Roman and set up a match at Mania.

This would actually be the most opportune time to make Cena a 16x champion.

Browny

Banned
HHH might enter the Rumble but I put 0% chance of him winning it. He's more likely going to enter specifically to take out Roman and set up a match at Mania.

This would actually be the most opportune time to make Cena a 16x champion.
RG0BS1U.gif

As if it's in any doubt. Taker can then cost Cena the belt at Elimination Chamber, setting up their WM match. Whomever Cena loses to (Brock?) then loses to Roman, once Roman gets by HHH first.

shanafan

It's not for the title, it's for Roman's title. Which means the entire match is about Roman now. We are going to hear about this for the entire match.

How is it any different if the Rumble wasn't for the title? Roman would still have a World Title match at RR, and I see him retaining.

And then during the Rumble, it would all be about who would face Roman at Wrestlemania.

It's the same show.

Bullet Club is taking a massive hit with these losses, but Omega is about as great a choice for the new leader as they have, he's awesome. They'll need a couple of people added though, Tama Tonga and Yujiro aren't gonna cut it as his only backup.

Tonga's probably gone with them, Rocky Romero's the rumored 5th name who gave notice

orioto

Good Art™
One of the only exciting things about the rumble is if they actually use for something surprising. They just created a way to make anyone instant champ out of nowhere.

It could also be Ambrose betraying Reigns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BC was fun while it lasted. Time to start new.

They should be the Omega Buddies imo.

You're wrong, man. Bullet Club lasted WAY too fucking long and wore out it's welcome. I'm ready for any change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom