• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

HHH might enter the Rumble but I put 0% chance of him winning it. He's more likely going to enter specifically to take out Roman and set up a match at Mania.

This would actually be the most opportune time to make Cena a 16x champion.

Ec2Nje2.png

Zach

The Rumble's for the championship this year? Heeey, that sounds pretty interesting. And Nakamura is maybe going to show up? Or in NXT? So I may see that dude wrassle on April 1 in Dallas?

Fun.

No shit, was this recently...? Did not know that.

Smith has stated in several interviews that his time spent with DSW was poor and has been particularly critical of promoters Bill DeMott and Jody Hamilton,[15] and trainer Bob Holly.[19] Smith has claimed that WWE has since approached him with a contract on three occasions, most recently in the spring of 2014, but he has turned them down because of his negative experience in DSW.[20]

Jezbollah

The '92 Rumble was for a vacant title, the '16 Rumble is basically a title defense. It makes the entire match about Roman now and makes the ending a lot more predictable (in a bad way).

It's not only that the Rumble in 92 was for the Title, but it was because of months of build up till that event. Flair debuting with the big gold belt, calling it the real World Championship, them blurring it out at every opportunity, calling out Hogan, plus the whole Hogan/Undertaker Survivor Series/Tuesday In Texas saga and it becoming vacant. Oh, and Bobby fucking Heenan.

This whole Rumble Defence sounds half-baked, and it either ends up as Roman winning it (to a chorus of boos), or Roman losing to someone like Brock with Reigns earning the right to have a shot at the title at WM later on (which they did with the likes of Austin in 99). I don't know what is worse, Reigns being the champion or the product in general being so fucking predictable. Would it hurt them just to spring a giant surprise and have someone completely out of the picture win it and make them drop it on a Raw a few weeks later?

this Social Outcasts stable, lmao. looks like i have a new reason to watch RAW, especially when they start feuding with Nak, AJ, Gallows, and Anderson

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when Shawn Michaels buried Ziggler on Austins podcast by exposing him for not doing anything original and just taking other things more over wrestlers did to try to get over and it not working because everyone knows those other wrestlers already did those things?

That's Jay Lethal.

klonere

Banned
Christ looking back at that WK show I am glad I came in where I did (middle of the Jrs. Title match) because dear god everything before that was not very good. Too many foreigners with no audience connection, too much distraction interference bullshit, too many repeats that didn't up the game from previous encounters...Not a good show really.

It's crazy to think that NOAH Destiny was nearly as consistently good as WK10. The main events were comparable and if Suzuki had someone better to work with it could have matched Tana/Okada The two big Jrs. singles matches on the NOAH show were arguably better than the Jrs. tag and singles matches on WK. The KES/Big in America match was very similar to the NJPW tag match just with the heels retaining. Shiozaki's glorified squash probably would have gotten more reaction than any of the ROH matches.

The 3 title match stretch at the end of WK10 still is untouchable in comparison but as an overall show it did display a lot of work to be done, only made harder by this WWE raid.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
This is WWE at least trying *something*. Shame it only appears that Vince and Roman are on the new page. The rest of the product is the same stale stuff.

But Mr. McMahon instantly makes the main event scene watchable again. The chairman of the board needs to come back full time, but it needs to be him and Triple H, not him and Stephanie.

did you watch the main event? It as terrible and even vince himself botched terribly, no idea wtf was going on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NOAH's jr roster shits all over NJPW's. Has for years. Kushida is the 'face of the division' which is emblematic because KUSHIDA is literally the most vanilla babyface I've ever seen. Vanilla midget gets jokingly tossed around but that is exactly what KUSHIDA is. Even the worst juniors in NOAH are more engaging than he is(Taiji). I'd rather watch Aoki vs Suzuki 500 times than watch a NJPW Junior match. Every promotion has a better juniors division than NJPW does. Even Wrestle-1 has Andy Wu and Jiro.

It's amazing that this was the same company that formerly had Shuji Kondo, Kaz Hayashi, Koji Kanemoto, and Minoru Tanaka on their card in the same match.

It's not only that the Rumble in 92 was for the Title, but it was because of months of build up till that event. Flair debuting with the big gold belt, calling it the real World Championship, them blurring it out at every opportunity, calling out Hogan, plus the whole Hogan/Undertaker Survivor Series/Tuesday In Texas saga and it becoming vacant. Oh, and Bobby fucking Heenan.

This whole Rumble Defence sounds half-baked, and it either ends up as Roman winning it (to a chorus of boos), or Roman losing to someone like Brock with Reigns earning the right to have a shot at the title at WM later on (which they did with the likes of Austin in 99). I don't know what is worse, Reigns being the champion or the product in general being so fucking predictable. Would it hurt them just to spring a giant surprise and have someone completely out of the picture win it and make them drop it on a Raw a few weeks later?

Nobody "out of nowhere" has won the Rumble. Making somebody like Slater or Kofi win it is Russo-tier swerve for the sake of the swerve booking.

Wrestling is predictable. It always has been. Once it hasn't, it's been some of the worst TV in history.

klonere

Banned
Meltzer is kinda saying that Nakamura and Styles won't go to NXT

RUINED

That was honestly the most depressing part of it. They are gonna do an NXT special and be booted up to the main roster and there is no hope for them.

Like unless Smackdown really does deliver on becoming a hybrid NXT/more wrestling focused show with a different tone etc and more or less totally disconnected from whatever is happening with Roman Reigns, there is no hope.

No hope, for a guy who can't speak English and a guy who can't really promo well.

No

hope.

faSnEWs.gif

Fox318

Would anyone even dare when Brock Lesnar is in the ring? Or even the threat of him being sent out would stop most I'd imagine.

Honestly...

Del Rio is probably still in camp shape considering he was training to fight before he signed.

Are we talking a real fight or a fight to throw him over the ropes?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That was honestly the most depressing part of it. They are gonna do an NXT special and be booted up to the main roster and there is no hope for them.

Like unless Smackdown really does deliver on becoming a hybrid NXT/more wrestling focused show with a different tone etc and more or less totally disconnected from whatever is happening with Roman Reigns, there is no hope.

No hope, for a guy who can't speak English and a guy who can't really promo well.

No

hope.

faSnEWs.gif
Wait, who doesn't speak English?

Fox318

Meltzer is kinda saying that Nakamura and Styles won't go to NXT

RUINED

This is all part of the politicians plan to stay on top.

He's gonna get everyone to job to him and if they refuse he will bury them.

Who do you think got that tape from Hogan's friend and sent it to gawker?

Who placed the drugs in Orton's bag?

Who do you think told Shaemus that his match with Bryan was a shoot and to kill him?

faSnEWs.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was wrong about you FE. Vascular friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom