• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Not going to happen, but what if Reigns enters at #1 and gets eliminated like 20 mins in? That seems like it could make for one of the more interesting Rumbles in a long time.

Cutting the fat with the bullet club isn't a bad idea. Omega as the leader could be fun.

New Japan is backed into a bit of a corner, could be interesting. They have the ROH and NOAH connections.

Hope Davey Boy gets a push as well. Bring Go and Sugiera into NJPW along with Suzuki-gun

Turn NOAH I to that lions Gate thing

That was honestly the most depressing part of it. They are gonna do an NXT special and be booted up to the main roster and there is no hope for them.

Like unless Smackdown really does deliver on becoming a hybrid NXT/more wrestling focused show with a different tone etc and more or less totally disconnected from whatever is happening with Roman Reigns, there is no hope.

No hope, for a guy who can't speak English and a guy who can't really promo well.

No

hope.

Oh no, two guys who have been underpaid when compared to their skills likely for their entire career will finally get paid well and might only have **** matches instead of ***** matches and might have to wrestle a guy who managed to have a **** match w/ The Big Show.

The horror!

Here's the truth - NXT is highly overrated. The fact that the women have largely been underwhelming is proof that when they don't have weeks to practice their "awesome" matches, they're really not all that great yet.

SxATbKr.gif

That's painful to watch.

Oh no, two guys who have been underpaid when compared to their skills likely for their entire career will finally get paid well and might only have **** matches instead of ***** matches and might have to wrestle a guy who managed to have a **** match w/ The Big Show.

The horror!

Here's the truth - NXT is highly overrated. The fact that the women have largely been underwhelming is proof that when they don't have weeks to practice their "awesome" matches, they're really not all that great yet.

Nobody ever had a 4* match with the Big Show, even when he was young and would do dropkicks n' shit.

WWE is probably going to make roster cuts soon. There is no way to fit all these guys in the main roster.

That or make NXT is own thing officially

Anth0ny

Not going to happen, but what if Reigns enters at #1 and gets eliminated like 20 mins in? That seems like it could make for one of the more interesting Rumbles in a long time.

yeah, no chance. he'll at the very least be there to the end.

I'm guessing somehow HHH cheats to win and the match at Mania is Reigns challenging HHH for the title. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

the more interesting thing is how Brock gets eliminated from the Rumble. It seems clear at this point that whoever eliminates him will be his opponent at Mania. Really hoping it's KO.

Gurrry

yeah, no chance. he'll at the very least be there to the end.

I'm guessing somehow HHH cheats to win and the match at Mania is Reigns challenging HHH for the title. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

the more interesting thing is how Brock gets eliminated from the Rumble. It seems clear at this point that whoever eliminates him will be his opponent at Mania. Really hoping it's KO.

itd be more interesting if it was DB...

idk why but i wanna see him vs lesnar when ever he returns.. but I want it to mean something. its obviously not gonna be for the title this WM.. hopefully soon though

I skipped RAW for the second week in a row, I didn't watch one min of it.

thats a shame because I actually think these past 3 raws have actually been watchable outside of a few shitty jobber matches. theres a storyline that is seen through to the end, to where as a few months ago(and basically all of the past 2 years) raw was just a bunch of random nonsense with no over all story arch.

either way though, youre probably doing the right thing

itd be more interesting if it was DB...

idk why but i wanna see him vs lesnar when ever he returns.. but I want it to mean something. its obviously not gonna be for the title this WM.. hopefully soon though

Why would it'd be more interesting with the broken shell of a wrestler who'd an even worse mic worker than Reigns?

(And don't point me to his crowd reactions - this RAW proved the chant was what was over.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Should a 70 year old really have that much muscle? Isn't it a toll on his heart? Wouldn't he be better off maintaining a low fat percentage and a slimmer profile?

No, the older you get, the more falling and hurting your bones is an issue. The more muscle you have, the more resistant you are to that sort of thing, especially the act of falling itself and not getting injured.

I definitely, absolutely advocate steroid usage in the elderly - the drawbacks are nowhere near as pronounced in that advanced age, and the benefits are absolutely fantastic for health.

Gurrry

Bryan's done in WWE.

see, thats what everyone thinks, but I can see him making a comeback

hes gonna be on total divas next season.. hes obviously not "done" with the company. also, last time I checked, hes still on their payroll. until they say hes been released, theres always a chance he comes back.

even then, if he goes and wrestles somewhere else, I could see him making a return to finish his career with WWE.

Fox318

Jerry Lawler & Byron Saxton?

Fuck smackdown then.

Both of them are horrible. Saxton is such a fucking wet blanket and a bitch on commentary.

He's a spineless twerp and the idea that he is supposed to be a face just shows how out of touch vince is.

Ithil

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hilarious stuff. No change, just slot another talented commentator into the old system and watch how fast they become a nothing commentator.
Same as the divas revolution really, just slot some new women into the same old shit and pretend it's been chnaged.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How long is it again until his contract runs out?

It's I believe a little under two years out. They've been trying to place him in different things (as a trainer, in Tough Enough as a judge, Total Divas) but he hasn't shown that he's very good at those, although I doubt he's a bad trainer - but also that he doesn't WANT to do any of those things. WWE has a place for him in a non-wrestling role, but he seems determined to put himself at risk :(

Xater

It's I believe a little under two years out. They've been trying to place him in different things (as a trainer, in Tough Enough as a judge, Total Divas) but he hasn't shown that he's very good at those, although I doubt he's a bad trainer - but also that he doesn't WANT to do any of those things. WWE has a place for him in a non-wrestling role, but he seems determined to put himself at risk :(

Oh yeah I bet he is a good trainer, but like you say he doesn't seem like he wants to do that. He just wants to wrestle. That's still a long time, will he at that point still find easy and good work?

Jerry Lawler & Byron Saxton?

Fuck smackdown then.

Both of them are horrible. Saxton is such a fucking wet blanket and a bitch on commentary.

He's a spineless twerp and the idea that he is supposed to be a face just shows how out of touch vince is.
I kept hearing a weird voice on raw wondering who it was, ot was his shitty ass. Why in the fuck did they add him to the team? Why in the fuck are they doing a 3 men commentary anyway.

That or your creative team on the main level is an atrocious piece of shit. You're wrestling matches that mean next to nothing because your writers can't craft a story beyond "jealous bitch", if they can even craft any story at all. Fucking Eva Marie had a compelling match before any of the "Divas Revolution" girls on the main card.

Fox318

I kept hearing a weird voice on raw wondering who it was, ot was his shitty ass. Why in the fuck did they add him to the team? Why in the fuck are they doing a 3 men commentary anyway.

Isn't it to fight claims that the company is racist?

Its why Booker T was on Raw then he was moved to smackdown.

Awesome

Korakuen Hall starts chanting Styles’ name loudly as he eventually gets up and bows to all four corners of the ring. Great moment and felt like a really nice send off, if it is one. It certainly felt like one

Ithil

But he was by far the best judge on Tough Enough. He actually had stuff to say and good advice for the contestants.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But he was by far the best judge on Tough Enough. He actually had stuff to say and good advice for the contestants.

Sure. But look at his competition there, heh

Gurrry

How much of a match is rehearsed ahead of time? Do they work on this shit all week/weekend? Because alot of the times I see wrestlers talking to eachother in the match telling the other person what to do next.

Is it that they cant remember or need reminders on what to do/where to be? Or do they improv alot of shit?

And as far as NXT being better than main roster stuff.. I attribute alot of it to the crowds. Look in the audience for NXT and you see a bunch of 18-30 year old college kids who are hype over anything. Then look at RAW and you have a bunch of little kids with their parents who have no idea what is going on, theyre just there for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom