• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hilarious part to me is that there isn't anyone for Reigns to plausibly fight other than Lesnar, and nobody actually wants to either see that match headline WM yet again, and nobody wants to see Reigns go over Lesnar.

Reigns is in a feud with a bunch of non-wrestlers and a midcarder that doesn't actually get to talk (or even have a representative) as part of the feud.

Considering Reigns - Lesnar I was one of the three best WM main events in history, I have no problems with seeing it again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would Vince be evil enough to steal all of NJPW's talent, and then let Bryan go there with no one to work with?

He's not stealing, and it's not evil to give people additional exposure.

Nak America

03.jpg

Foffy

Banned
The hilarious part to me is that there isn't anyone for Reigns to plausibly fight other than Lesnar, and nobody actually wants to either see that match headline WM yet again, and nobody wants to see Reigns go over Lesnar.

Reigns is in a feud with a bunch of non-wrestlers and a midcarder that doesn't actually get to talk (or even have a representative) as part of the feud.

This is what happens when you book an entire company behind one man, and make everyone look like midcarders as you feed them to him in order to get him over.

Can we even name three genuine main eventers in WWE that are full time? That's the keyword; that already removes Lesnar.

Just finished watching Raw. Good first hour, kinda awful second hour, decent third hour with a good main event. Crowd was not good though. I like that the title is up for grabs at the RR. It might not be so predictable who wins now with it probably coming down to Brock, Roman, and Cena.

Also, who the hell did Dolph Ziggler piss off in order to job to Heath freaking Slater?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so ready for Nak America. It's gonna be GREATO

YEAH HOOOOO

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is what happens when you book an entire company behind one man, and make everyone look like midcarders as you feed them to him in order to get him over.

Can we even name three genuine main eventers in WWE that are full time? That's the keyword; that already removes Lesnar.

Ambrose, Reigns, Cena and Rollins.

Ambrose and Rollins both have more main events than Reigns does.

Sephzilla

Just finished watching Raw. Good first hour, kinda awful second hour, decent third hour with a good main event. Crowd was not good though. I like that the title is up for grabs at the RR. It might not be so predictable who wins now with it probably coming down to Brock, Roman, and Cena.

Also, who the hell did Dolph Ziggler piss off in order to job to Heath freaking Slater?

Maybe they're finally realizing Dolph Ziggler sucks and has no desire to be anything beyond Millenial HBK

I saw that Simon Macnamara post so I figured we should start guessing the new name for Shinsuke considering Finn Balor and Hideo Itami. So here's my guesses:

Li Hanzo
Oda Musashi
Kami Yoshihiro
Ishida Kenshin
Sanada Kotaro
Shibata Nobunaga

He'll be Simon Macnamara to me as long as he's in the 'E, dammit.

He loves Queen and Michael Jackson, so Michael Mercury? Freddie 'Fat Bottom Girl' Jackson? Wacko Nako?

miserable

I saw that Simon Macnamara post so I figured we should start guessing the new name for Shinsuke considering Finn Balor and Hideo Itami. So here's my guesses:

Li Hanzo
Oda Musashi
Kami Yoshihiro
Ishida Kenshin
Sanada Kotaro
Shibata Nobunaga

is it wrong that whenever i read these names from the japanese name generator i start to laugh? am i racist?

#doubts

If they want to do it right, and you have to push Reigns, Roman comes out super early, like first 5, eliminates a few guys, then gets jumped by the Authority and some hired goons and then tossed. Easily sets up Roman vs HHH, and his chase back to the title, and gives you a really interesting rest of the Rumble with a guaranteed new champ.

kirblar

Maybe they're finally realizing Dolph Ziggler sucks and has no desire to be anything beyond Millenial HBK
He's not worth investing in- they know he plans to leave in a few years, they know he doesn't have ambition.

Agreed re: Reigns' early elimination. Creates tension for the rest of the match.

Foffy

Banned
Ambrose, Reigns, Cena and Rollins.

Ambrose and Rollins both have more main events than Reigns does.

Rollins is injured, and Ambrose is booked like a midcarder. Hell, Rollins may only be a main eventer because nobody wanted Reigns. And this isn't even considering Rollins was booked like a wuss almost his entire run, losing most of his matches on regular television. As champ at least.

Let me remind you Ambrose was once booked that he lost to Bray with a fucking TV shock spot. If he's booked like a midcarder, feuds like a midcarder, he's a midcarder.

So, Cena and Reigns. Like I've said here before, the roster is fed to these men, and it's just boring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's not worth investing in- they know he plans to leave in a few years, they know he doesn't have ambition.

He's also completely overrated as a character and a wrestler, so there's that

UberTag

Isnt ranallo going to be in the cole spot on smackdown?

Dont tell me saxton is the lead guy on commentary. Even though I never watch smackdown anyway, so it doesnt really matter I guess.
Ranallo's going to be the lead. They just want to give Saxton exposure to another guy to learn under. That said, this move does tell me they don't perceive Ranallo as a long-term solution or someone that will be calling WWE Network special events. That perception might change if he excels in this new environment or Saxton's growth stagnates.

If they want to do it right, and you have to push Reigns, Roman comes out super early, like first 5, eliminates a few guys, then gets jumped by the Authority and some hired goons and then tossed. Easily sets up Roman vs HHH, and his chase back to the title, and gives you a really interesting rest of the Rumble with a guaranteed new champ.
You're correct in that this is how they SHOULD book the Rumble match. I don't believe that's the direction they'll go, however.

Ranallo's going to be the lead. They just want to give Saxton exposure to another guy to learn under. That said, this move does tell me they don't perceive Ranallo as a long-term solution or someone that will be calling WWE Network special events. That perception might change if he excels in this new environment or Saxton's growth stagnates.

I guess that's it, they just want to see how he does before they go all in.

Ithil

Certainly, if he was gone before entrant 10 it would probably be a very exciting Rumble with most of the match yet to come and a guaranteed new champ already.
But I expect the final two to feature Reigns and that opportunity passed by.

Angry Grimace

I guess I just don't get where Reigns character arc is supposed to be going. For a "dude who keeps getting screwed by authority" he mostly just get away with doing whatever he wants.

Sephzilla

I guess I just don't get where Reigns character arc is supposed to be going. For a "dude who keeps getting screwed by authority" he mostly just get away with doing whatever he wants.

The face of the feud is a man who threatens to hospitalize a 70 year old man. I'm not entirely sure where they're trying to take this feud either

Ithil

Another dude to learn under? Saxton has been doing commentary since FCW. If he still sucks in 2016 after six years of it it's probably time to cut your losses.
It's a shame they want the "bland stilted guy in a suit" as their standard commentator. Stick Regal as the colour commentator with Mauro as PBP, two man booth, and off you go.

UberTag

It's a shame they want the "bland stilted guy in a suit" as their standard commentator. Stick Regal as the colour commentator with Mauro as PBP, two man booth, and off you go.
Well, see... your first problem right there is that would make perfect sense.
Hell, had they not chased Punk away, just imagine how great a Ranallo-Punk tandem at commentary would have been.

Ithil

Their supposed revitalising of Smackdown seems to be DOA. Wouldn't you get a new logo, new graphics, new set, new commentary team, etc, to mark it as starting a new era at the least?

Angry Grimace

The face of the feud is a man who threatens to hospitalize a 70 year old man. I'm not entirely sure where they're trying to take this feud either

In fairness, for his part Vince is bumbling his way through this more than anyone.

Their supposed revitalising of Smackdown seems to be DOA. Wouldn't you get a new logo, new graphics, new set, new commentary team, etc, to mark it as starting a new era at the least?

They do have a new commentary team. But as for graphics and set, even the PPVs have the same set as Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Don't do as TNA does, though. Slippery slope.

UberTag

That shit requires effort. Why do all that when you can front-load a show or two with "title matches and Cena appearance OMG" and then go right back to doing what you were doing a month later by making it the RAW rehash show?

How's a New Japan guy's schedule like compared to a WWE guy? I always assumed it's night and day but I don't know. I'd like to know.

Because you see someone like Orton who wrestles a very conservative style have his shoulder dislocate and miss more than a year, I shrug at the longevity Nak and Styles would have on a WWE schedule. From what I assume is a schedule.

Ranallo should be with Graves but naw that won't happen cause reasons.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
real talk, when was the last time this ended well?

"Oh they give John Cena the US belt? For what? Placeholder for him getting the WHC and breaking Flair's record?"

"Nah relax, let's just see how it all plays out"

Summer of Cena happens, the world loves it

Certainly, if he was gone before entrant 10 it would probably be a very exciting Rumble with most of the match yet to come and a guaranteed new champ already.
But I expect the final two to feature Reigns and that opportunity passed by.

Would you have been OK with the same booking to set up Bryan vs. Triple H at WM 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom