• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

"Oh they give John Cena the US belt? For what? Placeholder for him getting the WHC and breaking Flair's record?"

"Nah relax, let's just see how it all plays out"

Summer of Cena happens, the world loves it
And it all ended with Rollins being given two belts to carry.
And then Del Rio being given the US title because Cena had to go tape his reality show. How exciting!
Just look how much the US title was elevated in the process. Everyone wants that thing now.

Foffy

Banned
How's a New Japan guy's schedule like compared to a WWE guy? I always assumed it's night and day but I don't know. I'd like to know.

Because you see someone like Orton who wrestles a very conservative style have his shoulder dislocate and miss more than a year, I shrug at the longevity Nak and Styles would have on a WWE schedule. From what I assume is a schedule.

Farrrrr lighter.

You're probably worked the hardest during the G1 Climax. That schedule is almost weekly for WWE.

Ithil

In fairness, for his part Vince is bumbling his way through this more than anyone.

They do have a new commentary team. But as for graphics and set, even the PPVs have the same set as Raw.

They don't have a new team, they have a new commentator. Two thirds of the team is the same.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nak America vs Rusev, the thought of which makes me vibrate.

Farrrrr lighter.

You're probably worked the hardest during the G1 Climax. That schedule is almost weekly for WWE.

Eh, while I generally agree, who do you think has worked put more miles on themselves in the past year - Ishii and Makabe or say, Ziggler?

notworksafe

And it all ended with Rollins being given two belts to carry.
And then Del Rio being given the US title because Cena had to go tape his reality show. How exciting!
Just look how much the US title was elevated in the process. Everyone wants that thing now.

Not Cena's fault that the rest of the chumps on the roster can't step the hell up. The promo gap alone was so noticeable after Cena and Del Rio ignited an instant feud in about 3 minutes when most can't get that much heat over 3 PPVs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guess I can see the reason behind the Rumble title stipulation. Makes it easy for WWE to get the title off the guy and still claim he never lost it.

Sets up perfectly for Lesnar to take it.

Ithil

How's a New Japan guy's schedule like compared to a WWE guy? I always assumed it's night and day but I don't know. I'd like to know.

Because you see someone like Orton who wrestles a very conservative style have his shoulder dislocate and miss more than a year, I shrug at the longevity Nak and Styles would have on a WWE schedule. From what I assume is a schedule.

Ranallo should be with Graves but naw that won't happen cause reasons.

Harder matches, fewer dates. In the long run the body is destroyed about the same if you stay long enough.
I think on average the regular New Japan guys work about 3-5 times a month, not counting any extra dates they have, but there's some months where they barely work and others where they're working nonstop like August and the G1. Foreign guys work less since they're not on every single house show tour.

WWE guys might work 3-4 times a week, on the other hand, Owens worked a fairly crazy 6 dates in a week around Summerslam where he wrestled on Takeover, Summerslam, RAW, Smackdown and two house shows, four of those being consecutive nights.

Sephzilla

I guess I can see the reason behind the Rumble title stipulation. Makes it easy for WWE to get the title off the guy and still claim he never lost it.

Sets up perfectly for Lesnar to take it.

But the only way he can lose the title is from actually getting eliminated from the match. This isn't a triple threat scenario where he can lose the belt after someone pins someone else.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They don't have a new team, they have a new commentator. Two thirds of the team is the same.

Saxton wasn't on SmackDown, he was on Raw.

The old Smackdown team was whoever it was that was announcing, Lawler and Booker T.

Harder matches, fewer dates. In the long run the body is destroyed about the same if you stay long enough.
I think on average the regular New Japan guys work about 3-5 times a month, not counting any extra dates they have, but there's some months where they barely work and others where they're working nonstop like August and the G1. Foreign guys work less since they're not on every single house show tour.

WWE guys might work 3-4 times a week, on the other hand, Owens worked a fairly crazy 6 dates in a week around Summerslam where he wrestled on Takeover, Summerslam, RAW, Smackdown and two house shows, four of those being consecutive nights.

This is why I buy Owens as a family man WAAAAAY harder than Roman "My livelihood is completely gone if I lose this title" Reigns.

1111_display_image_crop_north.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whatever, Saxton, Philips, etc are interchangeable and I don't watch Smackdown as it is.

So basically: You were completely wrong, but in fairness you didn't know because you never actually watched in the first place so there was no way you'd know what you were talking about.

Don't worry nobody watches Smackdown

Ithil

So basically: You were completely wrong, but in fairness you didn't know because you never actually watched in the first place so there was no way you'd know what you were talking about.

Don't worry nobody watches Smackdown

I was wrong in the sense that Saxton apparently wasn't on the team before, correct. The point is that a two man booth with Mauro and Lawler and a three man booth with them and Saxton has no discernible difference.

Farrrrr lighter.

Not to mention Japan is a far smaller country, so it's maybe a 12 hour bus ride from show to show, tops. In the US it's far more vast, and since WWE only pays for travel expenses for top guys, a lot harder.

Fuck a spoiler because it's live.

So your 'top leader' is a comedy goober who can't stop wrestling DDT style who just lost to the junior heavyweight champion. And your most popular up and coming heel who could have feuded with Okada just jobbed to the Tito Santana of NJPW.

Holy shit Bookers of the Year 2013. Enjoy your empty domes.

That's future IWGP champion Tito Santana of NJPW to you.

So your 'top leader' is a comedy goober who can't stop wrestling DDT style who just lost to the junior heavyweight champion. And your most popular up and coming heel who could have feuded with Okada just jobbed to the Tito Santana of NJPW.

You seem like a fan of Naito, not sure why you'd want to see him fed to Okada quite so quickly. There's no way the 'new ace' drops the title immediately after becoming said ace, so let Goto add another failed IWGP title challenge to his resume. What does it matter? It doesn't even hurt Naito - I know you've read his interviews where he talks about how little the matches he's booked in matter and insinuating that nothing happens in NJPW without Tanahashi's approval, they're clearly building something between the two.

You seem like a fan of Naito, not sure why you'd want to see him fed to Okada quite so quickly. There's no way the 'new ace' drops the title immediately after becoming said ace, so let Goto add another failed IWGP title challenge to his resume. What does it matter? It doesn't even hurt Naito - I know you've read his interviews where he talks about how little the matches he's booked in matter and insinuating that nothing happens in NJPW without Tanahashi's approval, they're clearly building something between the two.

Oh, I am so going to be laughing when Goto wins it next month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom