• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they are playing NBA Jam.

I wonder whats next for Hideo Itami. He seems to be coming back this month. Who does he come back to feud with?

Did we ever find out who "attacked him in the parking lot"? That guy.

Note: I remember that Owens kinda sorta said he did it, but he may have been being a dick since everyone thought he did. And since he's main roster now, we'll never know.

My pick? Finn. He's already beaten all the top heels in NXT, so why not turn? It'd also make sense when Gallows and Machine Gun join up to be his lackeys. It'd also make the inevitable Sami Zayn match more interesting.

Foffy

Banned
Yoshitatsu will never get his revenge on Styles.

Hell, he might not even be a Bullet Club hunter by the time he comes back.

klonere

Banned
Okay but the RAW is down to Reigns, the League of Nations guys, part-time Cena, New Day and then your Zigglers and Neville types. Thats not nearly enough for a three hour show.

Fuck Raw.

Fuccckkkkkk Raw.

It did happen to Tanahashi on a couple of occasions though, which built him up to be the ace more. He lost the title to Nakanishi, won it right back, had to vacate it, and didn't win the title again until WK5. He was without the title for a year+, but still was considered the ace.

See Okada already went through that with the whole Tana feud. Still I appreciate the fact they have to figure out something to freshen up the main event scene. Who knows maybe a quick title switch based off Okada being so focused on Tana over the last few months that he is exhausted and took his eye off the ball would be acceptable.

I'm surprised there's been no rumors of Sombra's NXT debut yet

Probably waiting for him to finish up his Duolingo or something.

Or A-Train is beating the lucha out of him.

somedevil

Breakin necks, Cashin checks

Can be yours for 19.99

checks_and_necks.jpg

Still is an awful idea for a shirt.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bought a bunch of Philips Hue smartlamps.

You can make them flash along with shit, like when your favorite team scores. Trying to figure out if I can sync it to Kane's pyro.

So is Del Rio, and he's just another guy on the roster anyway. Though I guess Del Rio's current spot would still be the highest spot a Japanese guy has ever had in WWE.

Del Rio's problem isn't that they are treating him badly on purpose. They are just mishandling him with a bad storyline, and even then he had a great promo exchange with Cena last week and got over with that crowd. The guy beat Cena clean in the goddamn middle on his first night back and has lost I think once since he's came back. He's been super protected.

Considering all that, and the fact that Nakamura is more talented and naturally charismatic than Del Rio, Nakamura will most likely be just fine.

Yoshitatsu will never get his revenge on Styles.

Hell, he might not even be a Bullet Club hunter by the time he comes back.

I may never get my revenge on Yoshitatsu for having to endure his commentary yesterday. Sad fact of life.

Bought a bunch of Philips Hue smartlamps.

You can make them flash along with shit, like when your favorite team scores. Trying to figure out if I can sync it to Kane's pyro.

This is something my mid-30's ass can get behind. Let me know how you get on, Aiii.

Fox318

AJ killing the greats in wrestling.

Yoshi "Yes" Tatsu
Daniel "Yes" Bryan
Cena knows how to play the chips.

He's gonna protect his spot forever and no 5'2" weed eating hippie is g0nna threaten his popularity again.

But a hero can rise and take down this politician.

And he's ready to shooto

ZQLdtfO.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Del Rio's problem isn't that they are treating him badly on purpose. They are just mishandling him with a bad storyline, and even then he had a great promo exchange with Cena last week and got over with that crowd. The guy beat Cena clean in the goddamn middle on his first night back and has lost I think once since he's came back. He's been super protected.

Considering all that, and the fact that Nakamura is more talented and naturally charismatic than Del Rio, Nakamura will most likely be just fine.
But is he more vascular than Swoleberto?

UberTag

They're like a terminal cancer patient that's told they have 6 months to live but then they're still alive 4 years later. Except no one is happy they're still alive.
I imagine the talent that has burned their WWE bridges and needs to earn a paycheck are happy they're still alive.
But is he more vascular than Swoleberto?
The only person more vascular than Swoleberto is the image Vince sees of himself when he looks in the mirror.

No one knows yet. The card for WM is really unknown right now considering they had to switch up everything when Rollins got hurt. Meltzer seems to think they wouldn't hype the Rock stuff up as big as they have if it wasn't a match, but he doesn't know anything for sure yet.

I just realized, we're likely going to get a picture of the King of Kings and the King of Strong Style shaking hands.

Kinda hope they're both wearing their ridiculous crowns doing so.

Nobody knows. Seems to be more likely Triple H will be against Reigns. Reigns has to defend his title in the Royal Rumble itself, so general consensus is H wins with shenanigans and Reigns gets it back at mania.

The biggest news today is WWE has taken two of the best wrestlers in NJPW in AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura, who also happened to wrestle an incredible match a Wrestle Kingdom yesterday (and it wasn't the only incredible match on the card, either). You should check it out if you enjoy a bit o' wrasslin'.

Menome

So, we have a new Job Squad (Hooray!) and Damien Sandow isn't in it. Therefore: Damien Sandow to arrive to a medium-sized pop at Royal Rumble. I mark the fuck out and die of a heart attack, but I die happy.

Ithil

That's even more damning, that they aren't doing it on purpose, they're just massively incompetent. I think it would be more acceptable if it was on purpose.

Another considerably less likely but also not good scenario is that Rock wins the Rumble and the title, then we get Rock vs. Roman at WM and Rock does the job and the handshake endorsement thing, which would be especially weird considering he did that with Cena.

I highly doubt that happens because of how much Roman would both look inferior next to Rock and the fact that he'd get booed, but I would not put it past Vince to think that would get Roman over and that it'd be a split reaction.

So, we have a new Job Squad (Hooray!) and Damien Sandow isn't in it. Therefore: Damien Sandow to arrive to a medium-sized pop at Royal Rumble. I mark the fuck out and die of a heart attack, but I die happy.

We'll shower you with gifts the day Sandow is inevitably released, which will be the day before the Rumble

even more talent to push ziggler further and further down the card.

yes. good. yes.

I used to compare Naito to Ziggler. "I appreciate he's talented" i'd say. "But I just don't enjoy watching him".

Since disinterested Naito emerged, I grew to be ashamed of that comparison.

That said, Ziggles would probably shine if he got to do an NJPW stint, or LU.

XenoRaven

even more talent to push ziggler further and further down the card.

yes. good. yes.
Losing to Heath Slater is some shit.

I have some serious schadenfreude going on with Dolph for no good reason because I actually like him. But it's fun to see him meander around the midcard with no direction. Will he keep trying to be more than he is, or will he finally settle into paycheck collection mode? That's what I call long term booking.

I used to compare Naito to Ziggler. "I appreciate he's talented" i'd say. "But I just don't enjoy watching him".

Since disinterested Naito emerged, I grew to be ashamed of that comparison.
I'm not even a big Naito fan and I can comfortably say you're a bad person.

Ziggler is a perfect example of a guy who looked like he could be great, but once his role expanded his performance level never expanded with it. Like Shawn Michaels got over initially on the back of being really naturally charismatic and bumping/selling well, but when his name was called, he expanded his range and became one of the best, if not the best, guys in the company. He showed that he had all the tools. Ziggler looked great when he was on the rise initially, but once he was called upon to do more, his shortcomings were exposed and it became clear that he got over in the midcard because he is a midcard guy, not because there is further potential.

Ziggler is a perfect example of a guy who looked like he could be great, but once his role expanded his performance level never expanded with it. Like Shawn Michaels got over initially on the back of being really naturally charismatic and bumping/selling well, but when his name was called, he expanded his range and became one of the best, if not the best, guys in the company. He showed that he had all the tools. Ziggler looked great when he was on the rise initially, but once he was called upon to do more, his shortcomings were exposed and it became clear that he got over in the midcard because he is a midcard guy, not because there is further potential.

Also, that finisher is junk. Even the name is appalling.

He could do with something new, something with more impact.
Like a reverse STO.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

People like Dolph Ziggler are why WWE doesn't take the fans as seriously as the fans think they should. There have been quite a few Dolph Zigglers and not nearly as many Daniel Bryans.

Acorn

No one knows yet. The card for WM is really unknown right now considering they had to switch up everything when Rollins got hurt. Meltzer seems to think they wouldn't hype the Rock stuff up as big as they have if it wasn't a match, but he doesn't know anything for sure yet.

We don't know yet unfortunately and we don't know yet unfortunately.

Considering his last match resulted in injury and a film delay probably not.

He is scheduled to film the new Baywatch movie in March.

Nobody knows. Seems to be more likely Triple H will be against Reigns. Reigns has to defend his title in the Royal Rumble itself, so general consensus is H wins with shenanigans and Reigns gets it back at mania.

The biggest news today is WWE has taken two of the best wrestlers in NJPW in AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura, who also happened to wrestle an incredible match a Wrestle Kingdom yesterday (and it wasn't the only incredible match on the card, either). You should check it out if you enjoy a bit o' wrasslin'.
Alright thanks guys. I'll check that match out been looking to start watching again. After an off on hiatus.

Cena knows how to play the chips.

He's gonna protect his spot forever and no 5'2" weed eating hippie is g0nna threaten his popularity again.

But a hero can rise and take down this politician.

And he's ready to shooto

ZQLdtfO.jpg

Cesaro tore his shoulder shortly after posing for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom