• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw64life

Nakamura on the front page of WWE.com. Welp.

Watching New Years Dash on NJPW World and Striker is UNBEARABLE. Suggesting that Cheeseburger should no sell like Road Warrior Hawk.

I somehow managed to watch more than half of WK10 with the English commentary before switching to Japanese. Brutal. Will not make the same mistake with NYD.

Edit: Looks like NYD has no Japanese commentary........whatever, silence is better than the English commentary team.

NoRéN;191350835 said:
That's one way to try and make a name for yourself here.

I hope nakamura debuts at the rumble. But, I'm scared at the thought of him in wwe.

Unless he pulls a Del Rio and just up and leaves, I doubt he comes that soon. Meltzer was saying he will finish up with NJPW and drop the title, probably at one of the New Beginning shows next month. I wouldn't expect him till after Mania. Actually, Raw after WM might be a good spot for him to debut in. Guarantees he gets a star reaction on his first night.

somedevil

NoRéN;191350835 said:
That's one way to try and make a name for yourself here.

I hope nakamura debuts at the rumble. But, I'm scared at the thought of him in wwe.

He won't because he still holds the title. It seems the other 3 will finish up in Feb with the New Japan shows and ROH anniversary shows in that month.

AJ is showing up first at the Rumble giving everyone easy points in the John and Wai rumble pool,

Barrage

There's no hurry for Nak,especially with how hurt he was in 2015. Between vignettes, etc.,WWE could give him months of rest before his first match.

As someone not too familiar with Japanese crowd reactions, would the Japanese fans boo Nakamura now that he's basically a lame duck champion and is leaving the company? I don't think they would, especially considering the reaction to AJ at New Year's Dash, but I'm not certain.

What the fuck? Then we're stuck with WWE.

Do you need to be reminded how dreadful 2015 was?
Vince killing a major fed will rejuvenate him. And Vince is the most entertaining figure in sports entertainment history. Worth it. Plus then I would no longer have to hear hipster wrestling fans lecture me to wait up til 3 am to watch carny ass shit. Also would save me a lot of time reading/listening to the wrestling observer. Trim the fat, so to speak.

Foffy

Banned
Vince killing a major fed will rejuvenate him. And Vince is the most entertaining figure in sports entertainment history. Worth it. Plus then I would no longer have to hear hipster wrestling fans lecture me to wait up til 3 am to watch carny ass shit. Also would save me a lot of time reading/listening to the wrestling observer. Trim the fat, so to speak.

Stay mad, fam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't call someone a troll because he disagrees with you. We're a better community than that.

Welcome HerbertFish, I'd like to see a Fave Five from you, I think we all would, so we can see what kind of wrassler you enjoy.

Dream match angle/naku/bryan?
Retirement match?
Insta-torch passing?

Who would Bryan pass it to? Nak America?

Fox318

Every single post you have made in here has been worse than the last.
Seriously, troll account much?
And that word hipster, I do not think it means what you think that it means.
Hey man he's got a point.

I mean TNA is where it's at homie

Their rings has more sides!

CX9BPi7UsAAKVcw.jpg

Hex

Banned
Don't call someone a troll because he disagrees with you. We're a better community than that.

Welcome HerbertFish, I'd like to see a Fave Five from you, I think we all would, so we can see what kind of wrassler you enjoy.

Who would Bryan pass it to? Nak America?

Has nothing to do with disagreeing, it has to do with the type of posting being done.
People can like what they like.
Hell we have all kinds of oddities in here.

Ithil

As someone not too familiar with Japanese crowd reactions, would the Japanese fans boo Nakamura now that he's basically a lame duck champion and is leaving the company? I don't think they would, especially considering the reaction to AJ at New Year's Dash, but I'm not certain.

Not at all.

number47

I wonder if Bullet Club and Nak will be the revenge "we never saw coming" from HHH...
Bump balor up with the club against roman after wm? Leave naku and aj with hideo and joe?
What if the older guys don't mind just taking it slow for a while. Floridas kinda fun.

I wonder if Bullet Club and Nak will be the revenge "we never saw coming" from HHH...

It would be so odd for WWE to debut four guys out the blue and give them big spots like that. Ever since NXT was created that sort of thing just doesn't happen. Hell, it rarely happened in bulk like that even before then.

Though I feel like WWE wouldn't put out an article like that unless there was something big going on with them. It essentially reads like a hype piece. And make no mistake, WWE.com puts out indie articles because they can, but they wouldn't even come close to touching this story unless they were specifically told to.

Hex

Banned
Bump balor up with the club against roman after wm? Leave naku and aj with hideo and joe?
What if the older guys don't mind just taking it slow for a while. Floridas kinda fun.

I am waiting for signs of Joe starting to put together a group to go after Finn, tnen you will not shit is about to happen.

Foffy

Banned
It would be so odd for WWE to debut four guys out the blue and give them big spots like that. Ever since NXT was created that sort of thing just doesn't happen. Hell, it rarely happened in bulk like that even before then.

Though I feel like WWE wouldn't put out an article like that unless there was something big going on with them. It essentially reads like a hype piece. And make no mistake, WWE.com puts out indie articles because they can, but they wouldn't even come close to touching this story unless they were specifically told to.

WWE needs a good injection of something new. The company has been regarded as stale and boring for almost the entire year last year, and now with them banking on Poochie the Dog, they need it now more than ever.

They, first and foremost, need to make main eventers. They only have two who are currently active, and they're the same character in Reigns/Cena.

NXT has been the exception, of course, but remember that the main roster is what they push, and it's stale as fuck.

Is that actually still a thing?
Last I heard of them was the big TNA/GFW clash and then poof.

Jarrett apparently just announced he's going to Germany for something with wXw. Bullet Club's obviously gone so that roster's at least 2 people shorter (3 if Tama Tonga's gone)

Barrage

In terms of gang debuts, where will the Balor Club rank..

SHIELD
-
-
Radicalz
-
-Nexus
-
-
WWENWO
-
-
Corre