• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the advice the other day! Kid already falls asleep to the A-Team Music, next I'll try our Lord and Saviour John Cena's music or maybe LWO.

Those headbutts weren't a work.

Goddamn those headbutts were stupid as FUCK.

The whole match I was like "Yeah, violence! Beat the hell out of each other!" Once that first headbutt made that disgusting audible thud, I was like "Why are you doing this to yourselves, please stop."

You think AJ's cutting the hair? I know people think it makes him look like some emo try hard but I think it looks badass especially after a match.

IMO, it's much easier to take him seriously with the longer hair than when he had his pretty boy look in TNA for so long. His entire demeanor fits better with the long hair.

You think AJ's cutting the hair? I know people think it makes him look like some emo try hard but I think it looks badass especially after a match.

Looks OK when he pushes it back (or when he was wearing the mask during his WK10 entrance), but otherwise it looks dumb as fuck. Still a better look than the bland TNA version.

korly

Watching New Years Dash on NJPW World and Striker is UNBEARABLE. Suggesting that Cheeseburger should no sell like Road Warrior Hawk.

Shenmue fans are on par with Sonic fans.

Yakuza is superior anyway.

Read that as Sheamus instead of Shenmue and was very confused.

Watching New Years Dash on NJPW World and Striker is UNBEARABLE. Suggesting that Cheeseburger should no sell like Road Warrior Hawk.

I started Wrestle Kingdom 10 by accidentally watching the English stream. I got through half of the junior tag before I had to switch to the Japanese stream.

UberTag

Kind of ridiculous to think they thought it was a good idea to bring back Striker and not Ross. But hey, you get what you pay for.

Balor Club sounds like a good group for Reigns or Cena to destroy.
Every single person on that roster is there to feed Reigns or to hit the credibility glass ceiling that is the Cena feud.
That said, I think Triple H will be reticent to see Bálor fall into the same trap... although his cronies likely won't be as fortunate.

He looks like a goober with short hair. He's better off looking like a tryhard than a goober.

Looks OK when he pushes it back (or when he was wearing the mask during his WK10 entrance), but otherwise it looks dumb as fuck. Still a better look than the bland TNA version.

Be real, dude gave Cena a run for his money for number one handsome man in the mid 00s

AJ-Styles-645x370.jpg

FH58UX2.jpg

But dude looks fierce as fuck now with the mane.

15106_655734244462888_4958363587344705668_n-2.jpg

Foffy

Banned
The hour #BalorClub hashtags from Finn might be outing the members.

Balor

Anderson

Gallows

Styles

They could be a based as fuck faction.

somedevil

You forget AJ Styles forgotten look from 2003 during the TNA weekly pay per views:

The earring and headband look during the days when he was chasing people with chainsaws and calling Raven a heroin user.

edit: Plus AJ Styles is free to work with the WWE right now. The rest still have prior engagements that go through Feb.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it would make perfect sense. Triple H doesn't do his own dirty work anymore. So he goes out and gets four of the biggest stars he could find (well, three and Gallows) to come in and take Roman down in the Rumble. Finn, AJ, Anderson, and Gallows. Triple H on the main roster finally acknowledges the fact that he controls the talent flow like he does on NXT. And if Gallows and Anderson are busy for now, just have it be Finn and AJ for now. Triple H can combine his biggest NXT star with one of the biggest stars outside of it.

This will never happen, but it would make sense.

Ithil

It's funny how much freedom the website has because it's not on TV. RAW basically has it so nothing but RAW exists (including Smackdown), NXT acknowledges to an extent but often doesn't use exact names (like continuing the Steenerico feud but as though they've always been called Owens and Zayn), but here's WWE.com freely calling Bálor Prince Devitt and listing out all the New Japan titles.

Still no TNA mentions, mind.

It's funny how much freedom the website has because it's not on TV. RAW basically has it so nothing but RAW exists (including Smackdown), NXT acknowledges to an extent but often doesn't use exact names (like continuing the Steenerico feud but as though they've always been called Owens and Zayn), but here's WWE.com freely calling Bálor Prince Devitt and listing out all the New Japan titles.

Still no TNA mentions, mind.

NXT acknowledged Bullet Club and NJPW when they did that three-part fearurette on Balor's career.

Hex

Banned
SO watching the NJPW show from last night, why would they give Anderson and Gallows the pinfall win over their tag champs (yes it was a ten man but still) if they know that they are leaving.
Just bad booking
And for the record, the Google Casting from the NJPW site works amazingly (when it offers it)

Foffy

Banned
SO watching the NJPW show from last night, why would they give Anderson and Gallows the pinfall win over their tag champs (yes it was a ten man but still) if they know that they are leaving.
Just bad booking

Not really.

With Omega as the leader, he will demand perfection, of those who fail get axed.

Anderson/Gallows lose (hopefully Honma pins them ;( )

Omega exiles them for failing.

Isn't NOAH now kind of like NJPW? I mean, the guy booking it works for New Japan..

Nominally separate, and you could be a bigger fish in a smaller pond in NOAH than New Japan. In any case, the death clock is ticking for All Japan, and I want to see those guys (especially the juniors) move on.

Foffy

Banned
Nominally separate, and you could be a bigger fish in a smaller pond in NOAH than New Japan. In any case, the death clock is ticking for All Japan, and I want to see those guys (especially the juniors) move on.

Is Japanese wrestling in that dire straits? I know Dragon Gate has somehow become the second largest promotion in Japan, and that's crazy impressive considering how almost that entire roster is lightweights and fast paced.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are there folks left in All Japan who would jump to NJPW before they jump to NOAH?

I imagine Go is the 'ambassador' for guys like Suzuki who will go where he goes.

I know Go went to NJPW with the assumption of 'I'd rather be whatever in NJPW than go stick to second best in AJPW' but then he got stuck with NOAH. Which I imagine is just him doing his time to get close to people who work at NJPW so he can jump over there.

Everyone called Lucha Underground crazy for those seven year contracts they were making people sign. Looks like a brilliant move right now. No doubt WWE/NXT would be picking those guys off too if they could without having to buyout contracts and such.

Imagine Pentagon Jr in NXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom