• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

An angle Bryan match would end with a funeral for the two of them.
Exactly.there's no Simpsons gif for this emotion.
I beg to differ.

fg_452.jpg

Xion385

GAF, I JUST PREORDERED WWE 2K17 AND I DONT KNOW WHY!

***Turning slowly into depression knowing Reigns will kick out of Styles Clash***

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Simpsons is fucking trash and for the uneducated. Mental poors.

It's unbelievable how it easy it is to fantasy book something interesting if the Balor Club actually formed on the main roster. For example, you could have them come in and dominate everyone like the Shield did, and have Roman and Dean struggle with them for months. Then you have Seth return as a babyface going into Summerslam and do Shield vs. Balor Club there. Could be huge if they did it right.

This shit ain't hard, guys.

'You've still got Goto! You've all still got Goto!'

Arn Anderson approves.

It's unbelievable how it easy it is to fantasy book something interesting if the Balor Club actually formed on the main roster. For example, you could have them come in and dominate everyone like the Shield did, and have Roman and Dean struggle with them for months. Then you have Seth return as a babyface going into Summerslam and do Shield vs. Balor Club there. Could be huge if they did it right.

Arn Anderson approves.
It's fine to dream.

Hex

Banned

Arn Anderson approves.

The problem is that the egos of Hunter and the McMahahons can not let something like that happen without them being involved somehow and somewhere.
They have to be able to claim the idea or the spotlight in there somewhere.

It's fine to dream.

You'll notice my use of the word "fantasy". I'm not doom and gloom like everyone else, mainly because I'm optimistic, but I expect those guys to be solidly placed in the mid- to upper-midcard. Just saying there are a lot of options available if they actually want to do something big with them, which is possible considering how fast they made the website get out in front of this.

The problem is that the egos of Hunter and the McMahahons can not let something like that happen without them being involved somehow and somewhere.
They have to be able to claim the idea or the spotlight in there somewhere.

Easy. Hunter is in control of the talent flow, so he's the one who brings his golden boy Balor up and signs his friends. The Authority can say that they had an exodus of guys in the second half of last year, so now they have no one to fight for them "but there's always a Plan B." Triple H can be the one who is responsible for their creation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
boots, with current information, are you still sure Tana/Okada doesn't main event WK11?

Are you absolutely positively sure?

Foffy

Banned
Shield, Nexus and Corre all went through developmental before coming to the main roster though.

Bullet Club is popular enough that you almost always see those shirts at WWE events now.

They can very easily pull the trigger on a main roster push right away. There's enough hype behind this to do it, too.

shaowebb

In a perfect world, AJ and the Bullet Club show up and wreck shit and call out the WWE for acting like these amazing talents they sit on and squash never did anything before they were graced by the eye of Vince McMahon and offered the favor of getting to perform as jobbers for his hand picked body building actors that pretend to be wrestlers.

Bullet Club shoots on Vince and starts outright MENTIONING THE NAMES of other feds like New Japan, ROH, and other places like Europe , Mexico and Canada. They then say the world is SICK of having to play lapdog to the Mighty Vince McMahon and the world is coming for him to put the WWE in its place. They gain power, they grow, Neville, Devitte, Owens, and Nakamura join and are allowed to be themselves. Its a new NWO level of takeover. There is a war and its quite clear that Vince isn't the hero for once...people want his era to die out. The torch is passed and he stays out of creative talks. Foley's son manages to unite the writing staff on cohesive long term stories and events. Belts start exchanging on the free shows. Cartoon gimmicks like Tyler Breeze and Fandango are abandoned. Dead Weight matches fall off the card in favor of faster paced matches more akin to what AJ, Owens, Nakamura, Neville and Devitt are known for. WWE gets its attitude back and its not about sex or extreme violence garbage wrestling...its about hard hitting, fast paced matches showcasing the best and brightest in the world and they promote it as such. Nakamura is allowed to get and stay over and the real talent stops jobbing.

This...this would be the perfect outcome.

Sadly though we'll see fucking Luke Harper squash matching AJ Styles and Big Show destroying Nakamura who will then go on to stalk Asuka. They will then come out together and just be the creepy asians that get squashed by dudes like Fat old ugly Kane, and the Bullet Club will be as impactful as the tag team known as X-Factor.

Ithil

A question is who owns the Bullet Club? It was obviously started in New Japan but they seem to have a loose idea of copyrights and the members have taken it to loads of different promotions.

Also, hey, Luke Harper is fucking great. I won't hear a word against him.

Zabka

I prefer to imagine the worst way the WWE can book the Bullet Club members so I can't be disappointed.

Stephanie introduces them as her hit squad to go after Roman after he wins the Rumble. Then they lose a bunch. Smackdown is extended to three hours.

A question is who owns the Bullet Club? It was obviously started in New Japan but they seem to have a loose idea of copyrights and the members have taken it to loads of different promotions.

Also, hey, Luke Harper is fucking great. I won't hear a word against him.

New Japan it's why pwtees had to take down all the bullet club parody shirts

boots, with current information, are you still sure Tana/Okada doesn't main event WK11?

Are you absolutely positively sure?

Yes. Well, no, but I'm going to say yes anyways because I can't possibly believe they'd do it 3 years in a row - I always said that, as much of a fan as I am of the Okada/Tanahashi feud, WK10 had to be the end of it. No more. And seeing as now they can't do a Nakamura feud the logical step is Naito vs Okada.

Yes. Well, no, but I'm going to say yes anyways because I can't possibly believe they'd do it 3 years in a row - I always said that, as much of a fan as I am of the Okada/Tanahashi feud, WK10 had to be the end of it. No more. And seeing as now they can't do a Nakamura feud the logical step is Naito vs Okada.

One step closer to Main Eventer "King of Darkness" EVIL

UberTag

Can't wait to hear the Raw announce team talk about how Karl and Doc "like to have fun".
I love how that's pretty much their go-to defining characteristic for every face they're trying to push.
Then, they go on to talk about their collegiate career and shit they did for a living before wrestling... like play football. As if anyone cares.

ed_fusion

Banned
In a perfect world, AJ and the Bullet Club show up and wreck shit and call out the WWE for acting like these amazing talents they sit on and squash never did anything before they were graced by the eye of Vince McMahon and offered the favor of getting to perform as jobbers for his hand picked body building actors that pretend to be wrestlers.

Bullet Club shoots on Vince and starts outright MENTIONING THE NAMES of other feds like New Japan, ROH, and other places like Europe , Mexico and Canada. They then say the world is SICK of having to play lapdog to the Mighty Vince McMahon and the world is coming for him to put the WWE in its place. They gain power, they grow, Neville, Devitte, Owens, and Nakamura join and are allowed to be themselves. Its a new NWO level of takeover. There is a war and its quite clear that Vince isn't the hero for once...people want his era to die out. The torch is passed and he stays out of creative talks. Foley's son manages to unite the writing staff on cohesive long term stories and events. Belts start exchanging on the free shows. Cartoon gimmicks like Tyler Breeze and Fandango are abandoned. Dead Weight matches fall off the card in favor of faster paced matches more akin to what AJ, Owens, Nakamura, Neville and Devitt are known for. WWE gets its attitude back and its not about sex or extreme violence garbage wrestling...its about hard hitting, fast paced matches showcasing the best and brightest in the world and they promote it as such. Nakamura is allowed to get and stay over and the real talent stops jobbing.

Sadly though we'll see fucking Luke Harper squash matching AJ Styles and Big Show destroying Nakamura who will then go on to stalk Asuka. They will then come out together and just be the creepy asians that get squashed by dudes like Fat old ugly Kane, and the Bullet Club will be as impactful as the tag team known as X-Factor.

That would be amazing...

Replace Harper with Roman Reigns, though....

Bullet Club vs Shield with a returning Seth Rollins as a face? Hype.

Sou Da

Just tuned in to RAW after not watching for a while. Why do the New Day have dragon dildos strapped to their heads?

"All the people I like win all the time and all the people I don't like get fired or disappear!"

Also, belts changing hands on free TV started the downfall of the business. A belt changing hands with the people watching it paying for it is worthless and only devalues the belt.

fauxtrot

Banned
"All the people I like win all the time and all the people I don't like get fired or disappear!"

Also, belts changing hands on free TV started the downfall of the business. A belt changing hands with the people watching it paying for it is worthless and only devalues the belt.

WWE needs to make audiences feel like anything can happen on Raw (if not Smackdown too) and a title change on free TV a few times per year could help that. BUT, with that said, doing that alone won't change a thing to make their 5-hours of programming per week feel fresh and exciting.

loltna

Vacant title tournament final is Matt Hardy vs EC3. After all that, they could genuinely still give Matt Hardy the world title again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom