• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

The push is real. From Smackdown:

* Kalisto defeated Alberto Del Rio in a great non-title match
Can't wait for them to trade wins back and forth indefinitely until the end of time. Because that's all Mexicans are good for. Wrestling each other. (I hate that Vince thinks this way.)

Since when do people not care about people having legit athletic backgrounds?
When they're just starting out and are young rookies in NXT? I care.
When someone like Titus O'Neil has been with the company for 7 years and is 38 and has gone nowhere... I don't give a rat's ass about the fact that he played for the Gators in the late 90s.

Hell you will be getting AJ and Nakamura chants every single RAW from now on
Hardcore wrestling fans don't go to RAW tapings outside of the night after Mania.

RBH

Who's the last guy who came to WWE and kept their name? I feel like AJ might do it.

samoa-joe-1432713480-800.png

bigkrev

Hmm, I'm really bummed out for NJPW losing all that talent. I hope they turn out fine.

All their top Japanese talent except Okada is getting up there in years. Hell, even Ibushi is 33 years old! They have done a great job with foreigners, and the schedule structure means that guys are still able to go in their late 30s/early 40s, but if they don't get some younger Japanese guys going, I worry about NJPW in a few years.

They are the opposite of WWE, which has shit on the main roster right now, but they are doing their best to ensure their future by signing tons of young talent.

No one here hates AJ Styles right? Hell even Data thinks he's one of the best in the world and he's not easy to please. That's kind've amazing.

pre NJPW he burned away all positive feelings I may have had for him at some point. There was a reason his NJPW debut was met with groans from some here.

#1 face in the company slingshotting the 70-year-old official into the ropes to knock the mother of 3 into the ring head first.

Makes me want to cheer him.

I mean you could alternatively caption it with "mistreated employee gets back at his asshole bosses".

Really could spin it however you wanted.

bigkrev

My Impact review: I barely watched it, but it stayed on in the background the whole time.

Major accomplishment for TNA!

UberTag

I mean you could alternatively caption it with "mistreated employee gets back at his asshole bosses".

The asshole bosses part I buy.
The mistreated employee part makes me laugh.
But, then again, this is the same company that has trumpeted Cena "defying the odds" for the past decade.

KissVibes

Banned
Shibata gonna carry NJPW on his glorious back. He'll be beating Naito for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 12, cementing himself as the Ace of the company.

Hex

Banned
Can't wait for them to trade wins back and forth indefinitely until the end of time. Because that's all Mexicans are good for. Wrestling each other. (I hate that Vince thinks this way.)

When they're just starting out and are young rookies in NXT? I care.
When someone like Titus O'Neil has been with the company for 7 years and is 38 and has gone nowhere... I don't give a rat's ass about the fact that he played for the Gators in the late 90s.

Hardcore wrestling fans don't go to RAW tapings outside of the night after Mania.

Doesn't matter honestly.
Even rubes will have heard by now and want to be in on it even if they have no idea who these people are, and odds are at least more than a few have watch TNA so they will know AJ.

Lashley vs. EC3 was fine-ish. LOLed at the schoolboy finish. Also, Smurf Jeff Hardy. They did a great job teasing Davey vs. Angle for the first and only time to deliver...Drew and Angle as a team against the Wolves and ED and EY. Beer Money reunion was fun. BPs deal didn't accomplish much, but Kong turned...re-turned heel. Also, Rebel is now a boat captain-cosplaying stripper. Viva la Boat Captain Mike Rotunda! World Title match was a fine video game match, but nothing really memorable beyond the nasty side effect on the steps and the super One Percenter.

Bennett and Maria legit came off like the biggest stars on the show with their whole presentation. Maria's promo was fantastic and Bennett's was pretty good. His look seemed great early, and then they revealed the weird mustard yellow hat and blue Nikes and he came off like a guy trying to be a star with a $250 clothing budget. I chuckled so much at the seemingly endless plug of Schitt's Creek - it's like them plugging their future home, and for a while there, I was wondering if they'd thrown a tape of a whole episode on because that promo had to last at least 10 minutes.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/tna-impact-1-5-16-pop-tv-debut.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/fgxq28zs8az86ji7w54m83yck9xugs6v

Ithil

What's mistreated about him? They won't stop giving him title shots. He even beat up his boss and was rewarded for it by said boss's father in law.

Anth0ny

I sure hope Vinny Mac realizes that AJ Styles is going to pick up right where Daniel Bryan left off.

When they try to push Reigns vs. HHH the rematch IV on us and sell it with a god awful promo battle in the middle of the ring, the "AJ STYLES" chants will begin. The will of the smarks can not be contained. And, like Bryan, it will spread.

If the town doesn't know AJ? They'll have the Nakamura fangirls to worry about.

article-0-0b98fe66000kuugf.jpg

SHINSUKE!

SHINSUKE!

Full fantasticimania cards

No rush or kamaitachi is weird
2016/01/17 (Sun), 2AM EST Kochi Kochi Sunpia Cerise:

1.KUSHIDA & Stuka Jr. vs. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu

2. The Panther & Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Boby Zavala & Okumura

3. Fuego & Titan vs. YOSHI-HASHI & Barbaro Cavernario

4. Jay White & Dragon Lee vs. Virus & Hechicero

5. BUSHI, EVIL & Tetsuya Naito vs. Juice Robinson, Mascara Dorada & Atlantis

6. Ryusuke Taguchi & Volador Jr. vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Mephisto

7. Jushin Liger, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Mistico vs. Gedo, Kazuchika Okada & Ultimo Guerrero

2016/01/19 (Tue) 4:30 AM EST Kyoto Kyoto KBS Hall:

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Fuego & Ryusuke Taguchi

2. The Panther vs. Okumura

3. Boby Zavala vs. Guerrero Maya

4. David Finlay, Jushin Liger, Dragon Lee & Titan vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Virus, Hechicero & Barbaro Cavernario

5. Stuka Jr., Mascara Dorada & Atlantis vs. BUSHI, EVIL & Tetsuya Naito

6. KUSHIDA & Mistico vs. Gedo & Ultimo Guerrero

7. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Mephisto vs. Juice Robinson, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Volador Jr.

2016/01/20 (Wed) 4:30 AM EST Osaka Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium, second stadium (EDION arena Osaka):

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Jushin Liger & Stuka Jr.

2. Boby Zavala vs. The Panther

3. Guerrero Maya vs. Okumura

4. Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI, Hechicero & Barbaro Cavernario vs. Jay White, KUSHIDA Ryusuke Taguchi & Titan

5. Fuego, Mascara Dorada & Atlantis vs. BUSHI, EVIL & Tetsuya Naito

6. Juice Robinson, Volador Jr. & Mistico vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Mephisto & Ultimo Guerrero

7. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Dragon Lee vs. Kazuchika Okada & Virus

2016/01/22 (Fri) 4:30 AM EST Tokyo Korakuen Hall:

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Stuka Jr. & Fuego

2. David Finlay, Jushin Liger, KUSHIDA, The Panther & Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI, Boby Zavala, Hechicero & Okumura

3. Juice Robinson & Atlantis vs. EVIL & Tetsuya Naito

4. Mexican National Welterweight Championship: (c) Barbaro Cavernario vs. Titan

5. CMLL World Welterweight Championship: (c) BUSHI vs. Mascara Dorada

6. Ryusuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Dragon Lee vs. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Virus

7. Volador Jr. & Mistico vs. Ultimo Guerrero & Mephisto

2016/01/23 (Sat) 4:30 AM EST Tokyo Korakuen Hall:

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Titan & Mascara Dorada

2. KUSHIA, Juice Robinson & Fuego vs. Hechicero, Gedo & YOSHI-HASHI

3. CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championship: (c) The Panther & Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Boby Zavala & Okumura

4. Ryusuke Taguchi & Stuka Jr. vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Barbaro Cavernario

5. Tiger Mask IV, Atlantis & Jushin Liger vs. BUSHI, EVIL & Tetsuya Naito

6. CMLL World Lightweight Championship: (c) Dragon Lee vs. Virus

7. Black Cat Memorial Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Volador Jr. & Mistico vs. Kazuchika Okada, Mephisto & Ultimo Guerrero

2016/01/24 (Sun) 4:30 AM EST Tokyo Korakuen Hall:

1. Sho & Yohei Final Sendoff: Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. The Panther & Guerrero Maya

2. Tiger Mask IV, KUSHIDA, Fuego, Stuka Jr. & Titan vs. Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI, Boby Zavala, Okumura & Hechicero

3. Lucha de Maestros: Jushin Liger vs. Virus

4. Mascara Dorada’s Final NJPW Match: Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada & Atlantis vs. BUSHI, EVIL & Tetsuya Naito

5. Juice Robinson, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Dragon Lee vs. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Barbaro Cavernario

6. Mistico vs. Ultimo Guerrero

7. NWA World Historic Welterwight Championship: (c) Volador Jr. vs. Mephisto

Xion385

Wrestling GAF. I haven't been invested in wrestling for a decade until I heard the news last night. I'm preordering WWE 2K17 on principle, if the rumors are true. AJ Styles has been the only wrestler I wanted to see in WWE for so long. (That's a lie. I wanted to see Petey Williams Sunset Piledriver the entire WWE roster.)

What are the chances that rumors are true and who are the most reliable insiders to folloe? I get that they posted a story on WWE's website, but I need reassurances. Please be true.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

What's mistreated about him? They won't stop giving him title shots. He even beat up his boss and was rewarded for it by said boss's father in law.

I don't know, maybe the fact that his boss was clearly calling the match in favor of his opponent and trying to screw him out of a title that he already had to fight through bullshit to win?

But you're right, that's not mistreatment at all.

Wrestling GAF. I haven't been invested in wrestling for a decade until I heard the news last night. I'm preordering WWE 2K17 on principle, if the rumors are true. AJ Styles has been the only wrestler I wanted to see in WWE for so long. (That's a lie. I wanted to see Petey Williams Sunset Piledriver the entire WWE roster.)

What are the chances that rumors are true and who are the most reliable insiders to folloe? I get that they posted a story on WWE's website, but I need reassurances. Please be true.

I don't think WWE would have posted this:

If AJ wasn't already completely signed up to a contract.

Japan loves shoots

Bart Gunn got over big as fans just wanted to see a newcomer at the Korakuen Hall shows since that's the smartest audience crowd, and they popped when he raised his left hand because they understood about the Brawl for All match with Steve Williams. Haven't heard if that worked in the other arenas but people were expecting that would just be a Tokyo thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom