• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
made an avatar for friend Data

okadaaoof6.png

tumblr_mk8qb0Uvk11qkz8azo1_500.gif

Fox318

Those smackdown spoilers show that they still don't care.

Honestly I think it shows how inept USA management is when they actually want more hours of wwe on their network.

klonere

Banned
Good to see the OT reacting appropriately to these washed up fucks coming to the Fed.

That's actually kinda half right considering the age of most of the performers being brought over.

klonere

Banned

A four man stable huh? Well that's perfect. Boy I can't wait for AJ vs Bo! Nak vs Slater! Axel Rose vs Guns and Gallows! Give me two PPV cycles of this! I can't wait for Bo to put on that patented chinlock then stare in what he thinks is an angry pose at the audience and tell AJ to "Bo-lieve" before AJ cuts him off, hits three clotheslines, does some sort of arm wavy crowd pump up thing before grabbing Bo and doing a Bloody Sunday buster minus the buster so its more like an inverted suplex as his finisher. God yes give it to me GIVE IT TO EMEEjifaojsiofa

I'M SMILING VINCE I'M SMILING ALREADY

Browny

Banned
A four man stable huh? Well that's perfect. Boy I can't wait for AJ vs Bo! Nak vs Slater! Axel Rose vs Guns and Gallows! Give me two PPV cycles of this! I can't wait for Bo to put on that patented chinlock then stare in what he thinks is an angry pose at the audience and tell AJ to "Bo-lieve" before AJ cuts him off, hits three clotheslines, does some sort of arm wavy crowd pump up thing before grabbing Bo and doing a Bloody Sunday buster minus the buster so its more like an inverted suplex as his finisher. God yes give it to me GIVE IT TO EMEEjifaojsiofa

I'M SMILING VINCE I'M SMILING ALREADY

I want to avatar quote you...

image.php

<3

oddjobs

Quite possibly the worst assortment of jobbers in the modern times. Can't stand how Slater speaks, Rose is weird, Bo can't ever be anything else due to his face and Curtis Axel is just fucking terrible and has the worst haircut ever.

Xater

Quite possibly the worst assortment of jobbers in the modern times. Can't stand how Slater speaks, Rose is weird, Bo can't ever be anything else due to his face and Curtis Axel is just fucking terrible and has the worst haircut ever.

Axel needs to shave his head.

The end of the main event on Raw made me so confused.

Why was Vince and Steph calling for a ref?? Why didn't Vince just make the count? HE WAS THE REF! :\

Aggggggh I can't even, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Have they made the Rumble just the annual trainwreck PPV of the year?

Bubba T

The end of the main event on Raw made me so confused.

Why was Vince and Steph calling for a ref?? Why didn't Vince just make the count? HE WAS THE REF! :\

Aggggggh I can't even, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Have they made the Rumble just the annual trainwreck PPV of the year?

I didn't watch...that actually happened?

Lmaooooo

I just spent some minutes searching for a picture of the Miz where I don't want to punch him. It was a struggle, but I found this:

the-miz.jpg

Looking a little like Cody Rhodes, but nonetheless:
e3ijllkpbppxbx6niz4w.gif

Edit: LOL, "Sakuraba Aoki Rizin" GIS returns so many crying and "make it stop" images.

klonere

Banned
Wonder how much legs that OT thread has. Pretty crazy that a lot of people had no idea AJ was in NJPW for the last while and still think he's at "TNA ruined me" level.

Looking a little like Cody Rhodes, but nonetheless:

Edit: LOL, "Sakuraba Aoki Rizin" GIS returns so many crying and "make it stop" images.

That whole fight. The Akebono/Sapp fight. The women's bout.

lIjXbLH.jpg

J-MMA huh.

Evolve looking good mania weekend

anuary 6th: We have the first batch of talent announcements for the WWNLive Experience on April 1st and 2nd in Dallas, TX. The following talents will wrestle on both EVOLVE events and WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2016:

-EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher
-Drew Galloway
-Zack Sabre Jr.
-Tommy End
-TJ Perkins
-Drew Gulak
-Tracy Williams
-The Premier Athlete Brand of Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley with So Cal Val
-Texas legend Terry Funk will make an appearance and be available for autographs and pictures at WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2016.
-Plus many more to be announced in the upcoming weeks! We are just getting started!

Is there an avatar rumble this year? I remember Gaf being populated with Tyler Breeze for a few weeks early last year, and I thought "I want in on some of that action" for some reason or other.

Shadow780

Got my Royal Rumble week package set, going to drive 16 hours from NY, it's either thisgonbgud or ivemadeahugemistake.

NXT @ CEF 22nd
Royal Rumble 24th
RAW 25th
Smackdown 26th
NXT Tapings 27th

Is there anything I should check out while I'm down there?

UberTag

Wonder how much legs that OT thread has. Pretty crazy that a lot of people had no idea AJ was in NJPW for the last while and still think he's at "TNA ruined me" level.
It's not crazy at all. Think about it... a third of the people who post in here who are invested enough to vote in Sunny's silly Carny awards will actively admit to only watching the WWE and being ignorant of the product put out by every other company.

So, of course, the casuals in OT are going to think Styles fell into a pit somewhere after leaving TNA and hasn't changed/improved. And, they'll be doubly confused when he shows up on RAW being described as "some Japanese wrestler" because Dixie's company must never be acknowledged.

Is there an avatar rumble this year? I remember Gaf being populated with Tyler Breeze for a few weeks early last year, and I thought "I want in on some of that action" for some reason or other.
Now that we know either Reigns or Triple H are winning the Rumble match, there's no other singles match on the card worth getting excited about (unlike the past two years) and that Styles and Nakamura are about to be ruined forever by the WWE machine, we do need something to get exctied about. So you'd better believe we're having an Avatar Rumble again!

Not only is this the start of Tanaka's and Komatsu's learning excursions, it's also the end of Dorada's as he returns to Mexico after the tour.

But I agree that no Rush or La Mascara is very odd...would have loved to see a 10-man featuring all of Los Ingobernables (Well, maybe not La Mascara). Lee vs. Virus and Liger vs. Virus should both be pretty fun, as should Cavernario vs. Titan.

So I guess this means both Komatsu and Tanaka are heading to CMLL then? It'll be interesting to see if Komatsu joins LI on the last night of the tour, then hooks up with the Mexican contingent while there. Tanaka is surprising though, as I feel he'd have a better look if he bulked up to heavy...but I guess this doesn't necessarily mean he's heading to CMLL.

klonere

Banned
Gahahahahahah

Smackdown spoilers

Big Show gets beaten down by Wyatts. BIG SHOW TURNS FACE

This.

Fucking.

AHJWIROHWIQOEHRFWIOEHJIO

f3xCpy3.gif

Gahahahahahah

Smackdown spoilers

Big Show gets beaten down by Wyatts. BIG SHOW TURNS FACE

This.

Fucking.

AHJWIROHWIQOEHRFWIOEHJIO

http://i.imgur.com/f3xCpy3.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

And to think, earlier in the thread people were saying nothing happens on Smackdown this week.

Guys guys guys guys!

The Big Show has a huge advantage in the Rumble, how can anyone possibly get the big man out? I'd go as far to say he is the odds on favorite to win.

UberTag

He's over. I guess you haven't been watching.
And now he'll be even MORE over when he wins the Rumble to retain the title... or beats Triple H at Mania Star to win it back.

I wonder how over Reigns will be when they run out of evil authority figures and jobber factions for him to beat up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Which thread? I can't find it. Can you link it?

klonere

Banned
WH6WKv4.png

I'll just keep waiting
You'll just keep waiting
In the cold
The supplement
We lost some friends
We drove the bends
So small

Hex

Banned
What IF...and this is a huge if because I do not give WWE this much credit but stay with me for a moment.
NJPW has an event called INVASION coming up later in the year...
And WWE has or HAD a relationship with NJPW with them letting Liger work the NXT event.
What IF this were a huge work leading up to a huge cross promotion set of events?
Balor Club vs Bullet Club as one match.
Nakamura on team WWE, and other matches, Brock and more.
And WWE also hosting an event later in the year.
Huge for WWE Network in Japan, big for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom