• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

People really had big expectations despite wwe not promoting anything other than mauro

I expected it to be the same show but with a perfunctory attempt to pretend stuff will actually happen now, like having a midcard title change on the first episode or something.
But they didn't even do that, you could probably swap this week and last week's episode on SyFy without issue.

I expected it to be the same show but with a perfunctory attempt to pretend stuff will actually happen now, like having a midcard title change on the first episode or something. But they didn't even do that, you could probably swap this week and last week's episode on SyFy without issue.

Spoilers, man.

"Nothing happens on Smackdown" is not a spoiler. It's a tagline.

Shitty excuse. Some people actually try to avoid spoilers and just watch the show. I'm not one of them, but I understand it. Even if it's just one person who sees it, spoiling it unnecessarily is a shitty thing to do.

dream

Do people really care about wrestling spoilers? I thought we were all smarts who like talking about taped TV and booking plans.

Spoiler: you're not going to like the Rumble

Spoiler: Your favs are doomed

Spoiler: Vince has another 40 years of life easily

Not tagging any of those. Dealwithit.jif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVPgJKHOiKk
a4a4ff49db5d18baa9d87b7a476fd073.gif
NLa2HPs.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ultimo Dragon is still my favorite masked wrestler ever.

I love it whenever he's a heel and busts out his power offense. It actually reminds me a lot of Hunico Sin Cara, only if Hunico Sin Cara was AMAZING.

Ithil

If Nakamura comes into WWE and they still won't clear Bryan, or worse they finally let him out of his contract, only now Nakamura isn't in New Japan anymore, he's in the company Bryan just left, and he still can't get that dream match, he's probably going to snap and burn down Vince's house.

Using only fallen wood of course, it's not eco-friendly to fuel your revenge by cutting down trees.

lupin23rd

Watching New Year Dash and seeing Elgin hold up Bushi with one hand I legit thought he was going to toss him like a spear over the rope.

If Nakamura comes into WWE and they still won't clear Bryan, or worse they finally let him out of his contract, only now Nakamura isn't in New Japan anymore, he's in the company Bryan just left, and he still can't get that dream match, he's probably going to snap and burn down Vince's house.

Using only fallen wood of course, it's not eco-friendly to fuel your revenge by cutting down trees.

Bryan is going to come out to the ring during Wrestlemania, throw down a promo about how they are keeping him down, but since it's Wrestlemania, he's going to get a damn match cleared or not, and challenge anyone in the back... and then Nakamura will come out and debut. Or something like that.

As someone not too familiar with Japanese crowd reactions, would the Japanese fans boo Nakamura now that he's basically a lame duck champion and is leaving the company? I don't think they would, especially considering the reaction to AJ at New Year's Dash, but I'm not certain.

Nah, Japanese fans won't be bothered. Honestly, I think only WWE fans boo you if they know you're leaving

UberTag

Nah, Japanese fans won't be bothered. Honestly, I think only WWE fans boo you if they know you're leaving
It's somewhat understandable. They've been programmed into thinking only the WWE matters and that everywhere else is shit so they perceive it to be a betrayal that someone would dare leave paradise to go spread their wings where there are no glass ceilings, Cenas or Romans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AJ and Balor would be both be fine starting off as singles. AJ's probably the most known guy out there who hasn't been in WWE (outside of a couple squash matches he lost) and will be over at a midcard level.

Nakamura would need to be booked right and you'd need to let him do his thing, hype him up as a champion and the "best wrestler in Japan". Unless he starts in NXT it'd be easier to just stick him in the "Balor Club" group for the main run of the stable.

Anderson/Gallows would be backup and the muscle. They shouldn't appear until the stable gets formed.

Think you need at least one other big hoss guy (Corbin?) and another potential upper-midcarder type (Joe? Turn someone from the main roster?) on top of those five to make a group that would be a threat to the Cenas and Reigns of the world given how they've been booked.

I can't wait for the "Balor Club" to job to the Wyatt Family

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm like 99% sure this sequence existed for fanservice for when Steph leaned over into the camera for a face full of cleavage.

It's the wrasslin' equivalent of clothing damage in anime.

when did Dean Ambrose start talking like Andrew Dice Clay?

I have no idea, but if he's supposed to have an interesting personality or character I don't know what it is; for a guy billed as the Lunatic Fringe he doesn't actually seem to do anything edgy whatsoever.

It's pretty funny that the main babyface stable is a guy whose new schtick is doing heelish shit including beating the shit out of his boss without provocation (and then later on beating the everloving fuck out of him with a weapon) but is still billed as a squeaky clean babyface and his best friend, an actual squeaky clean guy who never does anything controversial but gets billed as some kind of maverick.

UberTag

Implying the Wyatt Family would win a feud.
They did seem to win the feud against the Old ECW Farts. That counts, right?
Granted, that's more due to the need to put Strowman over as Vince's monster of the month instead of the other 3 guys... but it counts.

Rutti

They did seem to win the feud against the Old ECW Farts. That counts, right?
Granted, that's more due to the need to put Strowman over as Vince's monster of the month instead of the other 3 guys... but it counts.

Bray also won that feud against Ryback that left Ryback so devastated that he won the IC tittle right after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom