• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
Bottom of the page strikes again

WH6WKv4.png

They're not actually going to be called the Bullet Club, right?

Well there is another really powerful (Mc)Devitt in the WWE that might be called upon if they go for that....

Nah I'd stay they stick with Balor Club - they have the merch for it already. Although they are giving the Bullet Club a lot of free advertising right now and it's still around in NJPW....

Foffy

Banned
What IF...and this is a huge if because I do not give WWE this much credit but stay with me for a moment.
NJPW has an event called INVASION coming up later in the year...
And WWE has or HAD a relationship with NJPW with them letting Liger work the NXT event.
What IF this were a huge work leading up to a huge cross promotion set of events?
Balor Club vs Bullet Club as one match.
Nakamura on team WWE, and other matches, Brock and more.
And WWE also hosting an event later in the year.
Huge for WWE Network in Japan, big for everyone.

I would actually love this.

But WWE is walled-garden, while NJPW is trying to acknowledge and appreciate all companies.

Well at least it's Wednesday

No new NXT tonight since the next set of tapings are tomorrow. But the Lucha Underground marathon on El Rey starts today. They're airing five episodes a night on the next few Wednesdays starting at 8 pm Eastern. They're also airing it all consecutively from January 23 at 10 am Eastern to January 24 at 2 am Eastern.

I wonder if AXS has contacted John Pollock to replace Mauro Ranallo on the NJPW on AXS broadcasts.

Colocho

Banned
"What the hell is the Bullet Club and why should I care?" Is going to be the question from about 90% of the WWE Universe, there's no way these guys have a significant role other than upper midcarders.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No new NXT tonight since the next set of tapings are tomorrow. But the Lucha Underground marathon on El Rey starts today. They're airing five episodes a night on the next few Wednesdays starting at 8 pm Eastern. They're also airing it all consecutively from January 23 at 10 am Eastern to January 24 at 2 am Eastern.

I wonder if AXS has contacted John Pollock to replace Mauro Ranallo on the NJPW on AXS broadcasts.

I want more Pollock in everything. He's so great.

It's telling that every single LAW non-Pollock podcast is almost unlistenable. He brings so much to the table.

Entropia

No One Remembers
"What the hell is the Bullet Club and why should I care?" Is going to be the question from about 90% of the WWE Universe, there's no way these guys have a significant role other than upper midcarders.

Have them go right after Roman, The authority, Wyatts, Social Outcasts, etc. and people will know them.

Fuck it, have Nakamura come out:

"You know who I am... but you don't know why I'm here"

Colocho

Banned
Have them go right after Roman, The authority, Wyatts, Social Outcasts, etc. and people will know them.

Yes, that would work, but I highly doubt Vince wants to push these guys as a menacing threat to his homegrown talent, as say The Shield back in the day since those 3 were gonna be the future.

Cagey

Banned

Fuck it, have Nakamura come out:

"You know who I am... but you don't know why I'm here"

The problem is that statement is false. There's a lot of legwork to make their debuts matter as anything more than "new wrestler here".

DMczaf

Vince owns the company, right?

Why doesn't he just strip Roman of the title?

Why didn't he strip Stone Cold of the title?

Why didn't he fire Daniel Bryan to stop him from wrestling for the title?

UberTag

They used to ask these questions and the answer was always that his hands were tied because of Linda or the general manager du jour or the board of directors or WWE's shareholders.

Today they don't even bother asking those questions. We're just supposed to swallow that they hate Roman Reigns for some reason but will continue to give him opportunities to succeed and kick their ass.

Combination of knowing enough fans would leave without him there which would hurt business, and being a typical dumbass heel who thinks the best approach would be too easy

klonere

Banned
What if this njpw talent raid is just a work to make forget about roman?

They don't want us to forget about the most over guy in the company that isn't Cena or Brock. Or Taker.

Roman's taking Cena's mantle, I have no idea if these guys are coming in to help with that or as far away as possible from him but YOU WON'T FORGET ABOUT ROMAN DAMMNIT.

bYjwn.gif

UberTag

Of course Shinsuke will come out during silence during the Rumble. He won't be there!
Even though we all know that's the case, the WWE needs to dig one of their Asian mainstays out of cobwebs (be it Funaki or someone else) for a guest Rumble spot so they can play some generic Asian-sounding music and get the crowd to pop thinking it's Nakamura only to troll them with some other guy.

I'm not expecting the King of Strong Style until the RAW after Mania.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
AJ won't.

Shinsuke absolutely will

when he comes thats why i think make him a heel and put him with balor, AJ, Gallows and the other guy coming over, a bullet club esc group but not balor club because thats to specific, make them an nwo type of heel group, do as they please when as they please.
Shinsuke can then show off his assets and become known

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Oculus Rift preordered. Aw yeah, baby.

jmdajr

When is WWE coming to Oculus Rift?

edit:Crazy thing. I could have bought 4 of them for what I got this surface book for.
Buy hey, last good laptop we had was from 2008! I think it's a nice upgrade.

So what city is the rumble at this year?

Rumble normally brings in a bit of a international crowd so it doesnt matter as much as a normal show but it helps.

jmdajr

I guess I forget you need a comp to run this thing.

Nvidia GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
Intel Core i5-4590 equivalent or greater
8 GB+ RAM
HDMI 1.3 video output
three USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bit) or newer

Lol. I couldn't even use it out of the box. Maybe in 2017 when I finally upgrade my 2009 pc components.
10 nm cpu for me!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll see people say VR is THE future and it's just a matter of time

and it's like, most people won't even build a high-end PC. What makes you think someone is going to build a high-end PC and then drop a bunch of money on a headset when a lot of people can barely even justify a console these days because they get their fix on their phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom