• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

darkness surrounds me at all times

hetfield.jpg

Lol what did you buy?

basically i wanted to buy something on ebay, contacted the seller, he offered me a better deal if we do it outside of ebay, paypal'd him the money, he hasn't responded to me since then

klonere

Banned
basically i wanted to buy something on ebay, contacted the seller, he offered me a better deal if we do it outside of ebay, paypal'd him the money, he hasn't responded to me since then

I'm sorry to say that Ryback is actually very smart with his money and is on track to have a huge Vegas house with inbuilt gym and no mortgage by the end of the year.

But still

aFSUegX.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Finally finishing up Wrestle Kingdom 10. Holy shit that Styles/Nakamura match was amazing. God damn. Match of the year contender.

Heard the Heavyweight match is awesome too. Looking forward to that starting next.

So what's the big angle?

Balor is the leader of a heel stable with Nakamura, Styles, Gallows? A few days ago, Balor was saying he was going to be champion in 2016, and he's clearly hyped for the signing of his pals.

Team WWE vs. Balor Club with Seth Rollins returning as a face to save the company in the long run? Curious what will happen to the Wyatts. It's too bad they never got over Undertaker and Kane, because they could have been a super strong stable for fans to be invested in.

Anyways, roster cuts gotta happen, and I imagine Ryder/Mojo are somewhere on that cut list, alongside Damien Sandow.

Finally finishing up Wrestle Kingdom 10. Holy shit that Styles/Nakamura match was amazing. God damn. Match of the year contender.

Heard the Heavyweight match is awesome too. Looking forward to that starting next.

Enjoyed that match, but really enjoyed both of the earlier tag matches for belts.

DMczaf

The fist bump, Nakamura's mannerisms and just the overall feel of the match felt like 2 dudes who knew this was it for them.

Nakamura seemed pretty subdued during his entrance as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is bean breath trying to create some kind of commentary on WrassleGAF's proclivity for trying to sneak into the OT with all of these threads or something

Are all NJPW matches that mic'd up or was it just the hollowness of the Tokyo Dome? Whenever I've watched them on AXS it hasn't sound that cavernous.

Again, got done watching the non-WWE but just as great documentary on Finn, dude must be the most excited guy in the world. If anyone's hyped, it's him.

Where can I watch this?

Mahonay

Banned
The fist bump, Nakamura's mannerisms and just the overall feel of the match felt like 2 dudes who knew this was it for them.

Nakamura seemed pretty subdued during his entrance as well.
I got myself all pumped for a ridiculous Nakamura entrance only to feel like what the heck that was kind of weak. Makes sense now with the news and rumors coming out. The little fist bump at the end was a nice touch.

So what's the big angle?

Balor is the leader of a heel stable with Nakamura, Styles, Gallows? A few days ago, Balor was saying he was going to be champion in 2016, and he's clearly hyped for the signing of his pals.

Team WWE vs. Balor Club with Seth Rollins returning as a face to save the company in the long run? Curious what will happen to the Wyatts. It's too bad they never got over Undertaker and Kane, because they could have been a super strong stable for fans to be invested in.

Anyways, roster cuts gotta happen, and I imagine Ryder/Mojo are somewhere on that cut list, alongside Damien Sandow.
It would be cool if wwe did an nWo type stable. Our invasion with it actually working this time

Heel

Is bean breath trying to create some kind of commentary on WrassleGAF's proclivity for trying to sneak into the OT with all of these threads or something

It's my understanding that bean breath wants to discuss professional wrestling without interfacing with the WrassleGAF community. I think is a fair position to hold, especially considering the attitudes on display months after his departure.

It would be cool if wwe did an nWo type stable. Our invasion with it actually working this time

Yeah an invasion. Maybe they could even start it out with Styles and Gallows appearing in the crowd on RAW, with Maggle and JBL arguing about whether or not they should be there, or if they bought tickets.

klonere

Banned

bean was the king of wrestling related OT's up until now. He just got caught slippin and got his thread locked this time around.

He's just trying to spread his love of pro-wrestling around I'm sure.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Are you in Vancouver? I might be going back over on a permanent basis soon enough....Not looking forward to having to deal with getting a place to stay...

I think you have more to fear from Albertans fleeing the oil apocalypse hitting that god-forsaken province.

No, I'm in SW Ontario.

Yeah an invasion. Maybe they could even start it out with Styles and Gallows appearing in the crowd on RAW, with Maggle and JBL arguing about whether or not they should be there, or if they bought tickets.
So have aj hijack the Rumble like he isn't supposed to be there and have the cops escprt him out? Then have that happen later, maybe(the crowd thing) .

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never really understood Cena's 'as long as people are reacting that's all that matters' to Austin's podcast about him getting booed.

and now I see it when I see people chanting 'We want Cena' at a Roman Reigns vs Sheamus match

I never really understood Cena's 'as long as people are reacting that's all that matters' to Austin's podcast about him getting booed.

and now I see it when I see people chanting 'We want Cena' at a Roman Reigns vs Sheamus match

It's been said by numerous wrestlers that the worst thing you can get from an audience is silence

Mahonay

Banned
Rollins vs AJ vs Nakamura

jeebus
IWC ejaculates in unison. AJ still confused and upset about the gay community.

I've noticed that almost all of the singles matches on this Wrestle Kingdom card have had a body part being worked and incorporated all the way to the finish. I fucking wish WWE would at least try to pretend there's psychology in their matches.

I feel like WWE feeding into the Styles/Nakamura rumors is a huge mistake unless they have something big planned. You know that the Rumble crowd is just going to chant AJ's name until he shows up. If he doesn't, they'll just keep chanting it and it'll hurt the match again. Then if he does show up and he doesn't win, then the crowd will just shit on the match like they've done the past two years.

They finally got rid of the Daniel Bryan problem and now they might have created a new one all on their own.

klonere

Banned
IWC ejaculates in unison. AJ still confused and upset about the gay community.

I've noticed that almost all of the singles matches on this Wrestle Kingdom card have had a body part being worked and incorporated all the way to the finish. I fucking wish WWE would at least try to pretend there's psychology in their matches.

Can't wait for someone to kick out of a Styles Clash on Raw during an IC title match.

Please ban the Styles Clash for this reason alone

Mahonay

Banned
Can't wait for someone to kick out of a Styles Clash on Raw during an IC title match.

Please ban the Styles Clash for this reason alone
I mean they let Joe do the Muscle Buster and I didn't think they'd let him. They've been fine with it even after the freak accident with Kidd.

I can see the Styles Clash staying. Would they protect it? Toss a coin on that one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like WWE feeding into the Styles/Nakamura rumors is a huge mistake unless they have something big planned. You know that the Rumble crowd is just going to chant AJ's name until he shows up. If he doesn't, they'll just keep chanting it and it'll hurt the match again. Then if he does show up and he doesn't win, then the crowd will just shit on the match like they've done the past two years.

They finally got rid of the Daniel Bryan problem and now they might have created a new one all on their own.

I consider the likelihood of the Royal Rumble crowd chanting for AJ Styles to be essentially insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom