• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cena in ROH would be fun as hell, he could be a fantastic heel just by being Cena. I think he'd actually get over in PWG - he wouldn't be able to resist showing Reseda some movez and busting out a reverse rana or something, they'd be marking out for him in no time.

Mahonay

Banned
It's a lot deeper than that. He's got the endurance of a King's Road type but he's the most WWE type WWE guy ever. Him out of his comfort zone would be extremely exciting if just for the contrast with other promotions.
With his 2015 United States IS THIS WHAT YOU FUCKING WANTED!? Tour, Cena showed he has the wrasslin' chops to work in any promotion. Yes, he is modern WWE personified (for better or worse), but he could also transition into another promotion and still look like he fits in. Although his bulk would look a bit hilarious next to the talent in NJPW.

Fox318

The closest we would get to it is an NXT appearance. Trips and Rock are close pals, surprised he's never done it.

I don't believe that.

HHH was the one who told Vince to let Rock go and fail in hollywood.

HHH may have won the fake sports belt but Rock won real life.

Cena in ROH would be fun as hell, he could be a fantastic heel just by being Cena. I think he'd actually get over in PWG - he wouldn't be able to resist showing Reseda some movez and busting out a reverse rana or something, they'd be marking out for him in no time.

Cena/Owens were basically PWG-style matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I have zero doubt Cena would be soaking up the love from PWG if he were there. It'd be fantastic and he'd smile through it and it'd be the most genuine, great thing.

Sigh. I wish I could see it happen.

It's a lot deeper than that. He's got the endurance of a King's Road type but he's the most WWE type WWE guy ever. Him out of his comfort zone would be extremely exciting if just for the contrast with other promotions.

It's like when Hogan would go to Japan and do enziguris and shit.

Mahonay

Banned
I have zero doubt Cena would be soaking up the love from PWG if he were there. It'd be fantastic and he'd smile through it and it'd be the most genuine, great thing.

PWG is one of the most respectful crowds in the business. They'd love having Cena appear, and I'm sure he'd have a blast. I'd love to see it happen.

Probably won't happen now with NXT out to crush indies across the land.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright lets get back into an interesting round of Fantasy Booking.

John Cena the free agent, goes to every indie out there. Who do you, the matchmaker, pair him with and why?

Alright lets get back into an interesting round of Fantasy Booking.

John Cena the free agent, goes to every indie out there. Who do you, the matchmaker, pair him with and why?

Cena vs Sekimoto
Cena vs Tanahashi
Cena vs Suzuki
Cena vs Elgin
Cena vs Pentagon Jr.
Cena vs Balor
Cena vs Cole
Cena vs Mastiff
Cena vs Osprey

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've compiled a list

John Cena vs Akebono
John Cena vs Suwama
John Cena vs Takashi Sugiura
John Cena vs Toru Yano(Yano gets a win over the true ace of the universe)
Ace of the Universe: John Cena vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
John Cena vs Mil Muertes
John Cena vs LA Park
John Cena vs Dr Wagner Jr
John Cena vs Timothy Thatcher
John Cena vs Zandig
John Cena vs Nick Gage
John Cena vs Atlantis
John Cena vs Rush
John Cena vs Minoru Suzuki
John Cena vs Yoshihiro Takayama
John Cena vs Yuji Nagata
John Cena vs Yosuke Santa Maria

I really want to see John Cena vs Old-Timers in Mexico in Japan. I think he'd work best with those types. And I just want Gage vs Cena for the promos.

Deathmatch Cena

You can't CZW

gw-1382801907413.gif

Fox318

Rizin Fighting Federation

John Cena vs CM Punk (on loan) catchweight
John Cena vs Bob Sappppuuuuu in a Shootoboxing rules fight
John Cena vs Kimbo Slice
John Cena vs Yuki Nakai (catchweight)

Ithil

PWG would boo him, but it would be good natured booing, as such.

John Cena vs Cheeseburger

Starts out as a joke, develops into a blood feud.

Actually, wait. Wait. This is it;

John Cena vs Atsushi Onita - No-Ropes, Barbedwire, Electric Current, Explosive Blast, Four Corners of Hell Deathmatch!!

Browny

Banned
Lol at Cena booking.

Question: which 90s New Generation superstar would be most over in 2016 PWG, and why is it Sid?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Give me this Cena match. Negro Casas can wait.

rEzWeTA.jpg

I don't believe that.

HHH was the one who told Vince to let Rock go and fail in hollywood.

HHH may have won the fake sports belt but Rock won real life.
Ding ding ding

But what makes it so funny is how everyone is like, hey he's doing a great job now. Let's try and do it.

Hunter's movie failed and he hasn't been on screen since

klonere

Banned
People in the Rumble thread have not found out that Roman stopped being booed a while back.

Shows just how much they are in tune with the product! Engaged, interested fans.

Although there are some who said "Oh yeah I'm going and I'm going to boo Roman. WHY GO THEN?

Cena will probably start doing more big movies. He's not the top guy anymore from a booking perspective, and apparently Hollywood people were impressed with his performances in Trainwreck and Sisters.

somedevil

Here is the Raw Viewership from 1/4/16

First Hour: 3.707 million viewers
Second Hour: 3.516 million viewers
Third Hour: 3.503 million viewers

Avg: 3.575

RAW was #1 for the night in viewership and #2 for the night in the 18-49 demographic, behind Love & Hip-Hop.

Show was up from last week but down 200,000 compared to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom