• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrage

Vince and WWE title match promoted a week in advance + first Monday without football, those numbers don't seem so great

Last year's numbers were juiced from following Old School RAW, I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about. How the Ratings are post-Rumble will be the real indicator of interest.

As someone who's never watched and episode of TNA (no means to do it legally here, so why bother), if someone competent were to take a hold of that company, is it possible to make something good out of it, while using the same talent they have now?

Highly doubt it. I can't think of anyone competent who would want to bother with TNA. And even if they did, there's no way they have the money to market themselves and get in the public eye at this point. Most TV networks have to consider TNA something to not get involved with.

Kiyo

Highly doubt it. I can't think of anyone competent who would want to bother with TNA. And even if they did, there's no way they have the money to market themselves and get in the public eye at this point. Most TV networks have to consider TNA something to not get involved with.

Wasn't Dixee one of the bigger reasons both Spike and DA dropped them? I think if you had a notable name buy it and rebrand it, you might get more interest not only from TV networks, but possibly from the public as well. Not sure if it'd be enough to resurrect the product, but I think there's a possibility it could work.

But as you said, there's probably no one competent that would want to run TNA in the first place.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't imagine the TNA brand is something other than toxic. If you were trying to build a competitor to WWE and had infinite dollars, I'd imagine you'd be better off just buying ROH and making it not look like its filmed in the gymnasium of a technical high school.

As someone who's never watched and episode of TNA (no means to do it legally here, so why bother), if someone competent were to take a hold of that company, is it possible to make something good out of it, while using the same talent they have now?

5-6 years ago maybe

Today not so,much

Too much Mecca madness to post

CYEbDT5U0AAFyT4.png

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes

MG310

No. The brand is too tainted at this point to recover. There are guys in TNA that you definitely want for your promotion but you don't want the promotion itself.

somedevil

The real last time it was able to be saved was when they were courting Paul Heyman. When they didn't give him full control all hope was lost.

MG310

They've actively made it more difficult for other promotions to get TV deals at this point They are in that "Reruns of Cops make us more money than you" tier that G4's last original programming was in.

The Heyman deal was an unrealistic pipe dream. The ideas he said he had for the promotion would have saved it and gotten it a lot more positive hype and viewers, but even he admitted there was no chance in hell the company could have afforded him and the severance packages for all the people he wanted fired

Menome

Finally saw The Force Awakens tonight. I unfortunately saw a major spoiler on Twitter during the past week, so that moment lost the element of surprise entirely.

To the fucker who spoiled that:

TqTjqU1.jpg

Finally finished WK10 on train and aside from all the stuff that's been mentioned here, it's great to see the guys actually be tired and slow. One of the things I hate in wrestling is when wrestlers pop up fast, then slowly lumber into the ring. Notoriously bad in ladder matches when the guy walks over super fast to the ladder than acts like he's climbing Everest just to go one step.

Seeing the NJPW wrestlers actually looking tired and selling the exhaustion of the match is just awesome.

Not really. Most non-hardcore fans probably assume Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy are retired and there's nobody on the current roster left who has any possibility of being a big star. Eric Young & James Storm had a chance five years ago, Ethan Carter III is the very definition of a medium fish in a small pond, and everybody else with possible star power are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom