• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
Here is the Raw Viewership from 1/4/16

First Hour: 3.707 million viewers
Second Hour: 3.516 million viewers
Third Hour: 3.503 million viewers

Avg: 3.575

RAW was #1 for the night in viewership and #2 for the night in the 18-49 demographic, behind Love & Hip-Hop.

Show was up from last week but down 200,000 compared to last year.

Wonder how they feel about it. They threw a lot of stuff at this week, Vince, Vince in the ring, WHC in the main event, Jericho....

Ithil

Vince is quickly becoming just another guy. That initial pop for his first appearance in a long time fizzled once he started being there every week.

RAW was #1 for the night in viewership and #2 for the night in the 18-49 demographic, behind Love & Hip-Hop.

Not enough Cena imo.

TNA made a new generic $59 site on Wordpress
2U6T2zf.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hogan said he had to do more in Japan because his trainer(Hiro Matsuda) told him not to embarrass him in his home country

Remember when TNA had a year-long Storm vs. Roode feud that was actually handled really well and was building towards a big payoff match at BFG, then they decided to put the title on Austin Aries because "SWERVES BRO, NO ONE WILL SEE IT COMING" and there were people in the back that didn't like Roode?

This is emblematic of why they fail.

¡HarlequinPanic!;191435814 said:
didn't the hulkster shut down james storm's push?

I like storm but I think roode wound up a lot better...the huckster might have made the right call.

But then Roode lost to Aries again the following month, then they decided to turn Aries for no damn reason, and the BFG main event was fucking Aries vs. Jeff Hardy.

Don't get me wrong, I like Roode more than Storm. But they spent nine months telling the story of Roode being the heel champion and Storm trying to work up to get another shot at him, then they decided to abandon that in favor of a completely out of nowhere turn for Aries and a Roode/Storm match on the undercard with King Mo involved.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Rumble is in Orlando, where AJ wrestled for TNA for years (LOLTNA aside, they did have national TV), and the Rumble crowd is the second most hardcore crowd of the year after WM. It's a pretty solid possibility they know who he is.

Indie Wrestling Guy™ and WWE Guy™ aren't the same Guy.

Jamie OD

Remember when TNA had a year-long Storm vs. Roode feud that was actually handled really well and was building towards a big payoff match at BFG, then they decided to put the title on Austin Aries because "SWERVES BRO, NO ONE WILL SEE IT COMING" and there were people in the back that didn't like Roode?

This is emblematic of why they fail.

Hogan didn't like Roode. He even said Roode wasn't main event material during a radio interview promoting the Bound For Glory show with Roode Vs Angle in the main event. Angle unexpectedly winning the match was confirmed to be Hogan's doing.

Cena in Dragon Gate vs

Shingo
Tozawa
Come
Jimmy Suszumu

Friend, I can one up these suggestions.

Cena vs. Grumpy Mochi

Basically, other than Cena vs. Zandig, Cena vs. Super Dragon, Cena vs. Tana, and Cena vs. Akiyama, I would want Cena vs. Grumpy Japanese Men. Cena vs. Nagata. Cena vs. Suzuki. Cena vs. Sugiura. Cena vs. Kojima. Cena vs. Takayama.

Hogan didn't like Roode. He even said Roode wasn't main event material during a radio interview promoting the Bound For Glory show with Roode Vs Angle in the main event. Angle unexpectedly winning the match was confirmed to be Hogan's doing.
Guess he was getting over too much.

Who was the really big muscular guy that was in TNA? I remember the rock saying that he liked him.

somedevil

TNA viewership for their POP debut:

IMPACT WRESTLING: 101 POP 9:00 PM 125 0.08 255

It only did 255,000 viewers. A total bomb and missing 1 million viewers of that 1.2 the pop head of the channel was expecting.

UberTag

I've noticed that almost all of the singles matches on this Wrestle Kingdom card have had a body part being worked and incorporated all the way to the finish. I fucking wish WWE would at least try to pretend there's psychology in their matches.
Ain't got no time for that. We'd just forget what body part was being worked in between commercial breaks.
Hell, the wrestlers can't even keep that information straight half the time in order to sell an injury to the area of the body that's being worked on.

I completely agree with you on this.

I'm curious what TNA Mecca is thinking

hu_baddboi • 13 minutes ago
255K viewers for the 9 p.m. airing, according to Showbuzz Daily
Impact was the 129th ranked program on Tuesday night. I don't think they usually cracked the top 150 on DA, for what it's worth.

Chris Regal Moderator hu_baddboi • 11 minutes ago
Slightly lower than I expected. TNA have some work to do.

Ain't got no time for that. We'd just forget what body part was being worked in between commercial breaks.
Hell, the wrestlers can't even keep that information straight half the time in order to sell an injury to the area of the body that's being worked on.

I completely agree with you on this.
Or we just legit injury the body part like Taker did to Chris Masters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you want to watch a bully watch the Table for 3 where Bryan just makes fun of Ryback the entire time.

It's amazing

I can vouch that its hilarious watching a 6'3", 280 lb. dude being all OTL at a 5'9" doughy guy busting his balls

This isn't a confession, it's the truth!

You know it friend, perhaps even a double retirement finale.
A double chokeslam to hell in a casket that burns and they check the debris and only thing left is a mask and a hat with a note that says RIP.

Then vacant reclaims the title again. Devitt wins it.

rbenchley

hu_baddboi • 13 minutes ago
255K viewers for the 9 p.m. airing, according to Showbuzz Daily
Impact was the 129th ranked program on Tuesday night. I don't think they usually cracked the top 150 on DA, for what it's worth.

Chris Regal Moderator hu_baddboi • 11 minutes ago
Slightly lower than I expected. TNA have some work to do.

The really sad part is that even though Impact was technically the highest ranked show on POP last night (a beefy .08 in the 18-49 demos), the Young and the Restless repeat from earlier in the evening actually had nearly twice the number of viewers at 478,000 (.07 in the demo). Dixie Carter is an idiot and TNA is badly run, but I feel bad for a lot of the wrestlers. Even now they still have some pretty decent workers.

The really sad part is that even though Impact was technically the highest ranked show on POP last night (a beefy .08 in the 18-49 demos), the Young and the Restless repeat from earlier in the evening actually had nearly twice the number of viewers at 478,000 (.07 in the demo). Dixie Carter is an idiot and TNA is badly run, but I feel bad for a lot of the wrestlers. Even now they still have some pretty decent workers.

Where's that picture of James Storm looking like he realized that he made a huge mistake?

Sorry about your damn luck, Storm. It's not your fault Billy Gunn had to use steroids in a weightlifting competition, which got him shitcanned.

Where's that picture of James Storm looking like he realized that he made a huge mistake?

Sorry about your damn luck, Storm. It's not your fault Billy Gunn had to use steroids in a weightlifting competition, which got him shitcanned.
About 5 pages back. How did Billy get him fucked?

Colocho

Banned
As someone who's never watched and episode of TNA (no means to do it legally here, so why bother), if someone competent were to take a hold of that company, is it possible to make something good out of it, while using the same talent they have now?

Vince and WWE title match promoted a week in advance + first Monday without football, those numbers don't seem so great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom