• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm24

I'm not going to spoil tag it because it's not like anyone here will watch it.

Kamaitachi losing his hair is a big bummer because he had a great look. He had a great look with the mask as well so that really hurts for him. That said, if I was in Kamaitachi's position, there's no one I'd want more to feud with than Maximo. As a young, upcoming heel, Maximo is pretty much the perfect partner you could get. He'll get you over, he'll bump for you, and he can work a decent match without burying you and his super charisma will make all of your matches far more valuable than any of your matches prior because the crowd's so invested in him.

One can easily make the case that Maximo was the best worker in Mexico this year. He's delivered in pretty much every big match he's had this year

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kJRWRNl.gif

UberTag

Jerry Lawler and Mauro Ranallo will call #Smackdown next week
Lawler, good god.
You guys weren't seriously expecting them not to keep Lawler in the rotation now, were you?
Of course, Booker T is the sacrificial lamb. Which is a shame because, in a perfect world, they'd have a clean break with Ranallo joining the fold and have Graves be his full-time color commentary partner or something.
Hell, even Big Show would be an improvement over Jerry at this point.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nobody is getting riled up.

I'm going one further. Nobody in this thread really gives a shit about Emma or Ryder or a combination of the two.

Sanjuro

...well based on that link to the twitter machine they are. That was kind of the point.

I don't mind Ryder. They just don't use him correctly.

http://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/thekliq/

Michaels, Hall, Nash, Waltman and Levesque. These are five men who made up the now infamous backstage group called The Kliq. They came together and ultimately dominated the WWF locker room. Unfortunately, according to many within the business, they did so with back-stabbing and politicking. In today’s edition of Pro Wrestling Stories, we delve into The Kliq’s checkered past.

Going to try and do a run of PPV re-watches post Hogan to just before Attitude Era, so like 94 - 97/98. Debating on just skipping all the In Your House stuff.

klonere

Banned
Greatly disappointed in Dragon Gate's Final Gate show. Only the main event lived up to any sort of expectation. The Brave Gate match sucked really badly and had a botched finish, there was way too much comedy (even by DG standards) between the Twin Gate match feeling like an extended squash, that bizarre RIZIN parody match with MMA Funaki and the first two opening matches being extremely throw-away even by multi man tag standards. The Triangle Gate match was 30 minutes long with 10 good minutes at most. Finally and most disappointingly, the crowd was very quiet. They didn't get into anything but women screaming for YAMATO and kids screaming for CIMA. Even the fantastic main event didn't get them doing much, easily taking away a half star from the proceedings.

For a company that is apparently in dire straits, NOAH put on a far more compelling show for someone who is a very casual viewer of both promotions. Looking forward to where WK10 will stack up against these other shows - obviously they have the advantage of scale and production values going for them!

Nobody is getting riled up.

I'm going one further. Nobody in this thread really gives a shit about Emma or Ryder or a combination of the two.
Yep, I stopped caring about Ryder once he went face. And idk who the basic looking girl Emma is.
I've been feigning for a new story for them and they do this when I know everything about it. Well I didn't hear much of Steiner's side but Cornette always makes me laugh lol

I hope Dragon Gate's attendance is strong. I'd hate to see Shingo's entertaining run as the heel champ end just because CIMA thinks the crowd is cold because it doesn't like to see a strong heel champ run roughshod over the company's established faces.

I hope Dragon Gate's attendance is strong. I'd hate to see Shingo's entertaining run as the heel champ end just because CIMA thinks the crowd is cold because it doesn't like to see a strong heel champ run roughshod over the company's established faces.

My boy Jimmy Susumu is going to win the dream gate

The Fukuoka crowd is notoriously bad, which didn't help matters at Final Gate - I didn't think it was a terrible show, but it didn't crack the top 3 of the year for DG, or even come close tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom