• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
I hope Dragon Gate's attendance is strong. I'd hate to see Shingo's entertaining run as the heel champ end just because CIMA thinks the crowd is cold because it doesn't like to see a strong heel champ run roughshod over the company's established faces.

The deathly silence at the end of the main event was worrying but I think it does feed into that notion that "oh my god this guy has just killed the last veteran contender". I'm not sure if the dude in the post match shenanigans is a legit contender nor who the next legitmate babyface champ is in DG but I do feel that Shingo comes across as a very scary, very competent heel ace with a great character.

I would hope that CIMA losing to Shingo means that CIMA really does believe in him, Fukuoka be damned.

The Fukuoka crowd is notoriously bad, which didn't help matters at Final Gate - I didn't think it was a terrible show, but it didn't crack the top 3 of the year for DG, or even come close tbh.

Yeah coming off Gate of Destiny it really felt like a completely flat show. I haven't even watched Dead Or Alive yet which people say is the best show of the year (or at least the biggest).

JavyOO7

Anyone miss Milano Collection AT?

y.gif

Did Gedo actually end his career?

who's ready to not sleep this sunday night?

STkXZIy.gif

So my plan is as follows:

Get in a quick nap around 7-8, get up at around 2.

Have some Red Bull ready.

Get up, watch, enjoy. Bitch about the results.

It will end likely around 7-8am, which is time to start work.

Work ends at 5.

Take nap.

Get up at 8 for Raw.

Watch Raw.

Go back to bed.

Tonight's PWG card

*Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero for the PWG title
*Akira Tozawa vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*Adam Cole vs. “Speedball” Mike Bailey
*Jack Evans vs. Drew Galloway
*Brian Cage vs. Chris Dickinson (Dickinson is replacing Angelico, who suffered a knee injury)
*Trevor Lee vs. Sami Callihan
*Timothy Thatcher vs. Drew Gulak

Shadow780

Work ends at 5.

Take nap.

Get up at 8 for Raw.

Watch Raw.

Go back to bed.

Here that's a much healthier schedule.

Heh, the part about heels is spot on. Even though there are heels right now none of them feel like they're getting over with fans. They're cheering, booing or chanting but none of it feels like it did when you have a genuinely good heel. When the Rock and Michaels were in there heel phase I remember hating those dudes every time they succeeded. Now, Sheamus comes out and I just think "this guy is a doofus".

Aiii

So not worth it
Looks like the Rumble will be yet another jobber fest this year...
WWE announced this weekend that Curtis Axel has declared his entry into the 30-man over-the-top-rope Royal Rumble match, joining Big Show as the only two WWE Superstars to officially enter the annual match, which takes place on pay-per-view on Sunday, January 24, 2016 at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
Slowly getting to that point where they are better off making it 20-man.

shaowebb

Spot on honestly. I like it when the hard assed vile bastard turns face and STAYS a hard assed vile bastard, but just one who is attacking other heels. Worked for Stone Cold wonderfully. Smiling kid hugging kiss ass face pops the second a bastard goes face? Pfffffft...who cares. He lost everything he built up. Now his teeth are pulled and he acts like a pushover when we know he used to be capable of real destruction in that ring.

Plus yeah the ring psychology is all over the place with some of the women's division. Physicality is there for many, but just no sense of how to flow a match for some of em. And no belt exchanges on the main show really does lose the reason to tune in. No lasting interesting stories because no one has a real character that means anything is a big reason they fail at that IMO. Who the fuck cares if someone is selfie fan like Tyler Breeze or if they are a "Rosebud" for Fandango? You're only stories are who is dating who half the time and no one fucking cares about that. We want people with something to prove not a trailer park drama.

Bah...get rid of So much dead weight including Vince and start over.

Foffy

Banned
Looks like the Rumble will be yet another jobber fest this year...

Slowly getting to that point where they are better off making it 20-man.

Do they even have the roster to do 30 people? Like, how many of those will involve a wrestler that has to do two matches in order to fill up the Rumble?

klonere

Banned
don't joke about that friend, it might happen

Man if Tana wins....How do you justify it? Do you send Okada off to feud with other people for 6 months or a year? Do you actually still keep going with Okada/Tana? How do you not make the guy who beats Tana afterwards not feel like he's looking after the belt for Okada? How does Okada not in the main or semi-main event position work anyway?

They won't do it. They can't do it! It'd be mad. Mad I tell you!

Shadow780

Have some leftover vacation days from the previous year that I had to use before April. Thinking of going on a wrestling trip in Florida starting from NXT at CFE on the 22nd all the way towards (including Royal Rumble, RAW, Smackdown) NXT taping the following week.

Can't seem to find tickets for NXT taping tho are they usually hard to come by?

dream

Work ends at 5.

Take nap.

Get up at 8 for Raw.

Watch Raw.

Go back to bed.

Jesus! That seems like quite the full day. You must really like wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom