• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The small setback is that their big hitters are hurt. They need to use this as a moment of, "Damn, they're human and eventually they break. We gotta let these young guys get over."

I'm glad you agree with me that it's a good thing we have a young 'n' upcoming superstar who should get gets lots of wins this year over older wrestlers who have a limited shelf life and thus, can come in, put on good matches, but don't need to win a lot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do they really have an option to leave Zayn in NXT?

I'm glad you agree with me that it's a good thing we have a young 'n' upcoming superstar who should get gets lots of wins this year over older wrestlers who have a limited shelf life and thus, can come in, put on good matches, but don't need to win a lot.
You know I don't even know if Romam will be the champion at the end of Mania. Just playing, they'll probably make him go against Hunter and whoever the champ is at the end of the night considering his whole story has been an altered Daniel Bryan typr thing.
So who is making the Cena injured thread for OT?

That socks for him. Now I wonder what the plans are for Taker at WM
Taker v Kane for the strap chap.

When Cena comes back, it will be the best time to make him a heel and aligned him with the Balor Club.

Lol jk, he'll come bacl and squash them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
jB0idLp.gif

LOLTNA

Jessie Godderz defeated Robbie E in a match taped for an upcoming One Night Only pay-per-view. They started with a 15-minute posedown. Godderz won clean.

Kaiterra

Banned
Look at this frail ass John Cena, going back out on the injury list immediately upon his return. Let's joke about how weak and breakable he is for the rest of his career.

Ithil

Nakamura says fuck it and takes the big wrestling gamble

[NJPW Update] Tokyo Sports is reporting that Shinsuke Nakamura is indeed leaving NJPW for WWE following an interview conducted with him. They also made it known that his contract with New Japan is officially up at the end of January.

Nakamura stated that his goal to challenge the "world's largest wrestling promotion, WWE." Following his defense against AJ Styles on 1/4 at the Tokyo Dome, Nakamura stated that his next challenge was for the "world", and that lead to the following day when these rumors of New Japan talent leaving the promotion began to spread across many outlets.

Now the question remains of if and when Nakamura will defend the IWGP IC belt before he leaves? Following the Dome Show with the "NEW YEAR DASH!!" show on 1/5, Kenny Omega beat Nakamura and then asserted himself to no longer be a junior wrestler in New Japan. He called out Nakamura for a title match following the win, but at this time nothing has been made official on when, or even if, a defense will happen. Nakamura does pride himself on defending the IC belt though.

New Japan has not announced any events cards/matches for the next tour that follows the upcoming NJPW/CMLL "FANTASTICA MANIA" shows, "Road to the NEW BEGINNING", but expect an update here on PS when they are released.

Link to TS release.
http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/491361/

Stephine and HHH run the company with Kevin Dunn working in the background.

WWE will change when most of the agents and the core 5 leave.

(Vince, Dunn, Steph, HHH, and Hayes)

Until then I expect more Reid Flair type exploitation

The second Vince is no longer in control Dunn is done. I wouldn't be surprised if Hayes is one more bad story coming out away from being gone too.

End of Mania 31 had the following champs

Seth Rollins - WWE WHC Champion
John Cena - US Champion
Daniel Bryan - IC Champion
Cesaro and Tyson Kidd - Tag Champions
Nikki Bella - Divas Champion

RIP all

At what point would you be embarrassed that your gimmick is Marty McFly cosplay? After one year? After two?

Kushida keeps the Back to the Future gear after Time Splitters have effectively disbanded, so he's basically Roman Reigns after The Shield broke up.

Anth0ny

watch daniel bryan all of a sudden get 'cleared' to return in time for mania

remember the master plan is still to make roman look strong

they will sacrifice roster depth to keep roman looking strong

bryan/nakamura program to start the raw after mania

Teeth

Having just watched the Styles/Lethal and Styles/Nakamura matches in the last week, I've become an overnight fan. He needs a haircut pretty bad though.

But anyone who thinks pushing Styles/Nakamura/Bullet Club for Wrestlemania will put the butts in the seats is an insane person. Wrestlemania is when WWE gets its iota of mainstream push. Putting Japanese and indie megastars into the picture isn't going to drive sales outside of the grognards. Ditto for any NXT stars getting called up.

Also, it's hilarious that they are hanging all hopes on Reigns now. Dude is banged up as hell. He started wrapping up his left arm about 3 months ago and has been wrapping up his right for the last month. He also looks like he's put on a bit of weight, which is likely due to not being able to train very hard/consistently, which also speaks to burnout. Dude is like 6 months away from a bicep/elbow injury, just watch.

The arm wrap is hilarious because you can instantly tell when he comes out when his promo is going to end in a fight/bump/match. If the arm is wrapped, he'll be fighting. If no arm wrap, he'll just be talking. Instant tell.

Ithil

The whole idea people are saying about bringing in the Japan signings to be a major deal at WM isn't about drawing money with them, it's about making sure they're stars right away. Then they have the potential to draw at WM 33.

Of course they still need recognisable big WWE names for the show. Who those are now, I have no idea.

Fox318

I feel like Kane shouldn't be lumped in with big show.

Kane had 3 of the worst gimmicks of all time and managed to get over with his 4th.

I mean a dentist and Kevin Nash were his roles.

He got Kane over as Fuck and he never stopped trying or caring.

You can't say that about Show.

Anth0ny

Having just watched the Styles/Lethal and Styles/Nakamura matches in the last week, I've become an overnight fan. He needs a haircut pretty bad though.

But anyone who thinks pushing Styles/Nakamura/Bullet Club for Wrestlemania will put the butts in the seats is an insane person.
Wrestlemania is when WWE gets its iota of mainstream push. Putting Japanese and indie megastars into the picture isn't going to drive sales outside of the grognards. Ditto for any NXT stars getting called up.

Also, it's hilarious that they are hanging all hopes on Reigns now. Dude is banged up as hell. He started wrapping up his left arm about 3 months ago and has been wrapping up his right for the last month. He also looks like he's put on a bit of weight, which is likely due to not being able to train very hard/consistently, which also speaks to burnout. Dude is like 6 months away from a bicep/elbow injury, just watch.

The arm wrap is hilarious because you can instantly tell when he comes out when his promo is going to end in a fight/bump/match. If the arm is wrapped, he'll be fighting. If no arm wrap, he'll just be talking. Instant tell.

They don't really have much of a choice, do they? What's the alternative? At least AJ/Nak/NXT main eventers have some kind of star power, which is severely lacking on the main roster thanks to all of these injuries.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They don't really have much of a choice, do they? What's the alternative? At least AJ/Nak/NXT main eventers have some kind of star power, which is severely lacking on the main roster thanks to all of these injuries.

Their only other options are to open up the pocketbook and get some old ass people in the ring like Goldberg, Austin.Tyson, HBK, get Kirk Angel and Jeff Hardy in. Probably wouldn't work this close off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom