• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengetsu

Just finished watching WK10 and I was just smiling the whole way through it. I especially loved the Omega and Kushida exchanges during their match.

vOvKN0N.gif

8pfhd0L.gif

I thought Jeff was hurt? If he's healthy by now, there's now doubt they'll at least try to get him. They were interested even before they started having guys drop like flies. He's definitely got the star power they need.

He broke his leg in like May, and he might still technically injured but i think if he's been doing minor physical things in TNA lately (he wrestles a 3 min match at a taping), they can get him to full wrestling condition by Mania

I'd guess they try to bring back more old timers before bringing Bryan back.

What old-timers can they get? Rock will be there, but insurance will likely block him from wrestling. Hogan is on the blacklist. HBK and Austin aren't coming back. Goldberg asks for way, way too much money and would probably ask for even more because he knows they would need him. The only guys they realistically can get who would make a difference is Angle and Jeff Hardy. Jeff they can most likely get. Vince is so dead-set against Angle wrestling that it'd be a tough sell even if Angle wanted to do it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The whole idea people are saying about bringing in the Japan signings to be a major deal at WM isn't about drawing money with them, it's about making sure they're stars right away. Then they have the potential to draw at WM 33.

Of course they still need recognisable big WWE names for the show. Who those are now, I have no idea.

Daniel Bryan

I thought Jeff was hurt? If he's healthy by now, there's now doubt they'll at least try to get him. They were interested even before they started having guys drop like flies. He's definitely got the star power they need.

He's working hurt, and going to have another surgery eventually this year, but signing a Legends deal and working until like Mania could probably work

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Also - genetic freak or not - a torn labrum / torn rotator cuff means even superhuman healing / HGH won't get him back for WM. Superhuman healing is 4 months or so; normal healing would be Summerslam time frame. PWTorch is reporting 6-9 month injury time frame.

Barring a legit miracle (think Adrian Peterson ACL tear type) - Cena's not at WM. Also, I think Cesaro is out for WM as well?

Also - genetic freak or not - a torn labrum / torn rotator cuff means even superhuman healing / HGH won't get him back for WM. Superhuman healing is 4 months or so; normal healing would be Summerslam time frame.

Barring a legit miracle (think Adrian Peterson ACL tear type) - Cena's not at WM.
He's old too so that makes it even worse.

If he doesn't appear at or Monday after Rumble, it's over guys. Fuck it.

I've been saying "if he's not back by the post-Mania Raw he ain't coming back" since before Seth went down. Glad you're all finally joining me in admitting the ride's just about over

Only so much people can go down, with him still nowhere but Insta, before the Acceptance stage must hit

What old-timers can they get? Rock will be there, but insurance will likely block him from wrestling. Hogan is on the blacklist. HBK and Austin aren't coming back. Goldberg asks for way, way too much money and would probably ask for even more because he knows they would need him. The only guys they realistically can get who would make a difference is Angle and Jeff Hardy. Jeff they can most likely get. Vince is so dead-set against Angle wrestling that it'd be a tough sell even if Angle wanted to do it.

Jeff Hardy and Batista are two. They only need 1 to replace John Cena and Hardy is it.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Sad thing is they've spent everything they have getting ready to pull a Cena turn and it's going to go to waste. I think the reason they are pushing Reigns so hard is because they want a babyface ready for the Cena turn, and the Cena US championship challenge was to get the ardent fans to like Cena, thus stopping the split crowd when he turned heel.

I have no idea what they're going to do now.

Or they could just go all in Reigns and pretend literally no one else exists. That could happen too.

Also I wouldn't mind owning a poster of this. Just gotta watch more LU to justify hanging it though.

unnamed-2.jpg

Anth0ny

Or they could just go all in Reigns and pretend literally no one else exists. That could happen too.

They've been doing it for a while and I see no reason why they'd stop now.

Reigns win the Rumble and HHH is chasing for the title at Mania. The less sense it makes, the more likely it is to happen.

One thing I've wondered:

All of these wrestlers are "independent contractors"...do they get paid while they are injured? Do they get partial payment for lost income? Anything?

From watching the NXT stuff, it seems like they get salaried wages even while injured, but maybe not. I would imagine someone like Cena has clauses built in, but again, maybe not.

I guess why I'm asking is - with all these injured stars, have the WWE balance sheets become flush with cash? Does this open them up for big payouts to part timers or is it a scramble to come up with budget because they are paying on the backend for all these non-working performers?

Everyone has a downside guarantee which is the minimum they get paid whether they're working or not, been that way since the late 90s thanks to the competition between WCW and WWE. Unrelated but Brock Lesnar was the last guy to be the benefactor of WWE/WCW bidding wars and likely a big part why he got the monster push he did so quickly.

Kevin Nash demands everyone thank him for the "guaranteed money".

Reigns win the Rumble and HHH is chasing for the title at Mania. The less sense it makes, the more likely it is to happen.

I still think it's Reigns vs Lesnar at Mania. I don't think they can resist having him go over Lesnar clean. I can also see Reigns vs HHH, based on the recent build up, but it seems more like a January or February match. They've been building it too much for a show that far away.

Vince is going to open the checkbook for Rock vs. Taker.

Kevin Nash demands everyone thank him for the "guaranteed money".

Which is funny, because the person everyone should be thanking is Lex Luger. Luger taking off and showing up on Nitro less than 24 hours after doing a WWF house show is the real reason why Vince had to start guaranteeing money to people.

Agreed. It's literally now or never.

I've been saying "if he's not back by the post-Mania Raw he ain't coming back" since before Seth went down. Glad you're all finally joining me in admitting the ride's just about over

Only so much people can go down, with him still nowhere but Insta, before the Acceptance stage must hit
Yeah, I kept my mouth shut on the Bryan situation because I believe that he could come back but yeah it's really the time now.
Here is the newspaper article of Nakamura leaving for WWE:
It's really real then.

You're exactly right.

Vince is going to open the checkbook for Rock vs. Taker.

Which is funny, because the person everyone should be thanking is Lex Luger. Luger taking off and showing up on Nitro less than 24 hours after doing a WWF house show is the real reason why Vince had to start guaranteeing money to people.
Luger wasn't under a contract though. Vince let it run out and forgot to re sign him.

Could be worse

HHH could win the Rumble and belt, and defend it against Reigns at Mania

I actually think that's what will happen. They'll put Roman in some bullshit match at Fastlane where he has to "overcome the odds" and become #1 contender. Then he vanquishes the evil Authority at WM. The Authority will still be on Raw After WM, mind you, because I mean when has wrestling ever been successful without heel authority figures?

miserable

I actually think that's what will happen. They'll put Roman in some bullshit match at Fastlane where he has to "overcome the odds" and become #1 contender. Then he vanquishes the evil Authority at WM. The Authority will still be on Raw After WM, mind you, because I mean when has wrestling ever been successful without heel authority figures?

that's exactly what will happen. there is no good outcome of this HHH vs Reigns, any way you look at it. it's lose-lose

It's so predictable so it's going to happen. Wrestling isn't fun anymore, even at this moment, we know what bullshit we're getting. No one is going to cheer over this lackluster main event; you're better off making this the opener since no one will really care unless you put it in a burning barbed wire hell in a cell.

Colocho

Banned
With how the rumble is set up now, there are only 2 possible outcomes. Either HHH wins it, which makes sense with how they've been building that storyline or Lesnar wins it which makes sense as they're the top 2 guys right now. In both of them Roman becomes a 3-time WWE champ at Mania.

Time to bring back the most dangerous man in the world WoooooooOoooo

tumblr_n493bpRosP1sw3cyxo1_1280.jpg

Lesnar, Shamrock, Angle 3-way no DQ match at WM
If Shamrock came back, I'd strip naked at work.

WWE.com posted a new poll asking which current WWE star is a future WWE Hall of Famer; the list includes both Superstars and Divas.

Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Ryback, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Charlotte, Paige, Nikki Bella, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater, and Brie Bella are the choices. At this time, Rollins leads with 34 percent of the vote, followed by Roman Reigns and Heath Slater.

HILARIOUS,

Striker

Add The Dudley's and make it a Ladder match. Mania 17-like.
Won't be as interesting without Kalisto in there killing himself. I got to see the TLC PPV ladder match, and he was the easy MVP. Hunicara is awful. The Uso's shit was terrible and the New Day stuff was forgettable.

Ah fuck Cena is out? Damn :(

I assume Kenny isn't looking to shift over, he obviously loves living in Japan and gets to do a lot of shit that would be much more of a headache to do at WWE. He's come a long way in the last few years too so I'd understand if they hadn't even looked at him previously.

How come WWE didnt hire Kenny Omega. He looks like a cool guy and can speak English

He was in the developmental system back when it was Deep South. He had such a negative experience there that he's been hesitant to come back. WWE has come calling, but he just hasn't really wanted to answer. With NXT becoming what it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see that change, though I could also see him staying in NJPW for a while considering he's now the de facto top heel.

WWE FASTLANE COMES TO CLEVELAND, for the 1st TIME!!

WITNESS THE FINAL WWE PAY PER VIEW BEFORE WRESTLEMANIA 32

THE Q ARENA WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

SEE YOUR FAVORITE SUPERSTARS IN ACTION LIVE!

A returning big name WWE Superstar

WWE World Heavyweight Champion – Roman Reigns

Sheamus

Kevin Owens

Intercontinental Champion – Dean Ambrose

Bray Wyatt & The Wyatt Family

Chris Jericho

&

PLUS…. BROCK LESNAR

and

many more!!!!

TICKETS MAKE A GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT!

WWE IS THE BEST VALUE IN ENTERTAINMENT!

Source: Quicken Loans Arena

Let's speculate bros.

Could it be Brine? Lance Storm? Or maybe even
.................... Dean Malenko!

But I want this Bad News Fale fella, he looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom